z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

The Death of a God

by TheFallenOne


People think that human death is so sad and whilst it is impossible to deny the pain it causes, I think the death of a God is far sadder. For a human to die their body must achieve a certain level of damage . For a God to die they must be entirely forgotten by everyone. It takes centuries for the number of people to know and worship them to trickle from the thousand to but a few who whisper the name of an old god in dear. It's cold and painful and longer than anything we might ever live through. They must wait for centuries in the freezing cold, alone and slowly losing more energy whilst they watch the children of people who once revered them, forget and ignore their existence. In their last few decades, even their fellow gods forget about them until one day, exhausted and cold, after flickering in and out of existence for years, they cease to exist, leaving nothing more than a frozen tear behind in the night sky.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
78 Reviews


Points: 40
Reviews: 78

Donate
Sat May 08, 2021 11:31 am
NivedaJames22 wrote a review...



This is kind of random, but are you by any chance a Percy Jackson fan? Because the way you describe the death of a god kind of reminds me of how the god Pan fades out in the Percy Jackson series.

Anyways, this is a beautiful work. The way you express such a profound idea in just a few short sentences is astounding.

I especially loved this part:

They must wait for centuries in the freezing cold, alone and slowly losing more energy whilst they watch the children of people who once revered them, forget and ignore their existence.


On the whole, it is a great poem.

Keep writing.




TheFallenOne says...


Thank you. Yes, I'm a massive fan of Percy Jackson. I wrote this at 2 am once thinking about Pan actually.



Phillauthet says...


Any more Rick Riordan fans here??



User avatar
76 Reviews


Points: 1285
Reviews: 76

Donate
Sat May 08, 2021 8:20 am
Phillauthet wrote a review...



I like your way with words. It's as if you have a good vocabulary, but at the same time it's not hard to understand. It's simple and expressive at the same time. I especially like the part when you describe the decline of the deity in detail. I get the feeling that you've read Percy Jackson. This reminds me of the part when Pan fades 😅. Anyway, your style is amazing, keep up the good work!




TheFallenOne says...


Thank you so much. : )



Phillauthet says...


Any more Rick Riordan fans here??





Yes!!!



User avatar
76 Reviews


Points: 1285
Reviews: 76

Donate

User avatar
58 Reviews


Points: 226
Reviews: 58

Donate
Fri May 07, 2021 8:21 pm
YourFriendQuirks08 wrote a review...



Oh my, your writing style is amazing!

I loved the way how you contrasted the 2 (the god and a mortal human) and the different ways in which they pass away. It was very clear who the subject of each sentence was ; the flow was also very impressive.

It was simple and easy to read, however the topic in which was spoken about was more complex. Then again, even the complex parts were easy enough for me to understand.

Carry on writing and have a goo day/evening!
Love Rubes x




TheFallenOne says...


Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it.




Okay, first of all, who names their dinner? I don't want to know my dinner's name. This potato--is this potato named Steve?
— Rick Riordan, The Sword of Summer