It's only for me that I am dead today

by ForeverYoung299

It's only for me that I am dead today

Yes, it was me who attached the greatest importance

To the flip side of living a great life.

I was the one who respected the society

And thought each and every words of them

A truth, even if it bursts me.

It was me who thought of wearing a facade

It was me who hid my true feelings

From the whole world

Just to show them that I am happy.

I just didn't listen to my heart

Which cried for the whole day

Now, it's tired crying

It will stop suddenly

I doubt that time is far

Maybe it's now only

Just at this moment.

I know I am not the one

Who I should be

I am not at strong

I am vulnerable than ever.

Will you accept me

In this state?

Will you risk your life

loving a person whose death

Is knocking at the door? 

Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:54 pm
MellyBourne wrote a review...

I won't pretend I know much about the issue of suicide. I personally never felt that awful feeling, but this poem gives me a little insight to what that might be like, and I believe it should be praised for it. There are so many people looking for hope and love, and if this helps that would be great. Your voice deserves and should be heard, and there is no shame in confessing you are feeling weak and tired. I think it's brave. The last few lines made me think a lot, and I am sure everyone needs and deserves love. I can only hope you found or will find that right person, who will understand you. Another thing I found great here is how the verses get progressively shorter as the poem goes on. Not sure if you did that on purpose or not, but I think it would be an amazing symbol of loosing strength, a theme I felt through out the poem.

Pokeberry111 wrote a review...

Hello Boo
It’s Berry!
Here for a review! ^^

I feel this poem as this hits home a little. I understand the feeling of basically confessing your feelings to someone as a suicidal person. It sucks, it really does your feelings and thoughts sadly control you more than we can help it. I wish there was a way to stop it, without taking medication lol. I feel this poem and would love to see more from you ^^

"The only time you look in your neighbor's bowl is to make sure that they have enough. You don't look in your neighbor's bowl to see if you have as much as them."
— Louis C.K.