z

Young Writers Society



Because I love fun staffs

by ForeverYoung299


Time for some fun staffs :

I was reading an article which said that the beginning and the end are the most important, of course, it was correct.

But, the thing is something else. I have a beginning and an end but no middle.

Beginning– Myr was thinking if the world would have turned upside down, which was followed by her mother shouting, “Myr, give me a blanket and a blazer. Suddenly, the temperature dropped almost 20 degree celsius”

End- Myr became the god of mindlessness.

P.S. It sounded to funny to me. I don't know why. Thus, I wanted to share


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
160 Reviews


Points: 12700
Reviews: 160

Donate
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:31 pm
Valkyria wrote a review...



Hello, ForeverYoung299. Happy RevMo!

Congratulations on being so close to competing the checklist challenge! That's incredible!

I'm leaving a review here for the checklist challenge!

So, let's get to it:

This is a very short and simple story, but it conveys the message well. Writing something so short can be challenging because you need to grab and keep the reader's attention in so little words, but you did this well. Kudos to you!

I agree that this is relatable too! The beginning and the ending are very important, but the middle brings them together. You can't have a story without the middle.

Speaking of the structure, I thought it was hilarious when you showed the examples of the beginning and the end. Now, I want to know how Myr became the god of mindlessness.

Beginning– Myr was thinking if the world would have turned upside down, which was followed by her mother shouting, “Myr, give me a blanket and a blazer. Suddenly, the temperature dropped almost 20 degree celsius”


The only critique I have here is to add a period after "Celsius."

Overall, this is hilarious!
Valkyria




User avatar
565 Reviews


Points: 1395
Reviews: 565

Donate
Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:02 pm
Stori says...



There's a book called A Beginning, a Muddle and an End that might prove useful, or at least amusing.




User avatar
125 Reviews


Points: 10344
Reviews: 125

Donate
Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:08 am
ChrisCalaid wrote a review...



Hi! I'm a little late on the request, sorry about that. I like how this is short and simple and how it explains the struggles writers might have. I thought it was very interesting writing and also relatable. It sometimes happens to me, where there is no middle. You can stretch the start and the ending a little to create some middle. However, usually, I have trouble creating the ending or continuing on. I get stuck on some parts while writing too. I don't think it's only you who have trouble. So with that, I'd like to suggest a few things to you.

I was reading an article which said that the beginning and the end are the most important, of course, it was correct.


I agree with what you wrote here. The beginning makes you want to keep on reading and the ending is the last and the most interesting part you read. I don't know where you read it but it's quite true. I also wanted to say something about the sentence. I think you should combined it into two sentences. Of course, it's your choice but it isn't very good to use more then two commas in one sentence.

P.S. It sounded to funny to me. I don't know why. Thus, I wanted to share


By "It sounded to funny to me", do you mean "It sounded too funny to me?"
I also think you forgot a period after "share" in the last sentence.

I hope this review was helpful and I wasn't nitpicking too much about it. I wish you a great day!

Keep it up!
:)

~ChrisCalaid




User avatar
26 Reviews


Points: 185
Reviews: 26

Donate
Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:49 pm
View Likes
TheOffBroadwayAuthor wrote a review...



This is so random and I love it. I'm still not sure what happened in between, but my guess is that Myr accidentally turned the world upside down and earned the title "god of mindlessness" for her actions. My one critique is that you spelled "fun stuffs" "fun staffs". You're really funny and I can't wait to see what you post next! Thank you for your fun staffs.






Thanks



User avatar
47 Reviews


Points: 60
Reviews: 47

Donate
Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:22 pm
View Likes
rida wrote a review...



Hi! I’m not sure if this is going to be long enough to be a review, but.....

Your problem is soooo relatable. I too have a beginning and an end, but not a lot of middle. But I’m still writing the chapters. I mean, obviously there is going to be an adventure and travelling in the ‘middle’, but exactly WHAT will there be?

See, I just get ‘flashes’ of my story. Flashes of ideas. And I write those ideas down. For now, I’m just doing the beginning, and I’m letting my pen guide me. Your idea is a fantasy one, so you could use the first few chapters in showing how Myr’s world goes upside down! You could keep the pace a tad bit slow and sprinkle it with humour, to keep the reader entertained. You could add a few of those time periods when everything seems illogical and the protagonist is confused, you can add so much!

But, all I can say is.... if you’re in love with that story, then you will daydream. And you’ll daydream the plot of the story eventually. You just need to trust yourself and your story. Keep writing what you know. The rest will come to you.
I still get those flashes, and they will piece together the whole story.
So start somewhere, and start with love.
Oh hey! Look! It’s big enough to be a review!
Anyway, I hope it helped!
Keep writing!
(If you want other people joining in this story, you can make a roleplay!)
~rida
:) :) :)
:D :D :D






Thanks for the review



rida says...


No problem





%uD83D%uDE01 You can review the chapters of my novel. I posted those.



rida says...


Ok



User avatar
4122 Reviews


Points: 258487
Reviews: 4122

Donate
Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:40 pm
View Likes
KateHardy wrote a review...



Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night(whichever one it is in your part of the world),

Hi! I'm here to leave a quick review!!

First Impression: Okay....well not much to actually review here per see but I do still want to try and say something useful so let me go ahead and attempt that very quickly here. It sounds like a pretty fun little idea that you have down here...anyway.

I was reading an article which said that the beginning and the end are the most important, of course, it was correct.


Hmm...I would probably agree with that title. The beginning and end are definitely some of the things you tend to remember as a reader...after all the beginning pulls you in and the end is what you're going to most clearly remember out of the book.

But, the thing is something else. I have a beginning and an end but no middle.


Hmm...well that is pretty much a predicament that all of us writers find ourselves in because we do tend to imagine the start of a story and how it will end before we figure out the plot that will eventually end up connecting them.

Beginning– Myr was thinking if the world would have turned upside down, which was followed by her mother shouting, “Myr, give me a blanket and a blazer. Suddenly, the temperature dropped almost 20 degree celsius”

End- Myr became the god of mindlessness.


So...this is actually pretty funny...I do like this...I would definitely read a story if that was the beginning and the end of said story...well...anyway I think that's about all I've got to say on this one. Hopefully there was something helpful in there. xD

As always remember to take what you think was helpful and forget the rest.

Stay Safe
Harry




User avatar
311 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 311

Donate
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:08 pm
View Likes
Riverlight wrote a review...



Hey, ForeverYoung! I'm here with the review you requested c: Sorry it took so long! I'll do you other one soon c:

Ah, yes... the middle problem. I hate that issue... The middle is, in my honest opinion, just as important as both the beginning and the end-- it connects them to one another and takes up th bulk of your story.

I've found that coming up with a few major plot points (e.g. a death, romance, etc) and expanding on those in one's notes really helps writers out-- in fact, it's set me up for a few new chapters of The Sorcerer's Secret, a new book I'm writing. I'd recommend trying that out and seeing how it works! c:

Have a nice [*insert time of day here*]!!!






Ohh! Thank you so much



User avatar
91 Reviews


Points: 2400
Reviews: 91

Donate
Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:10 pm
View Likes
MoonIris wrote a review...



Hi ForeverYoung299,
I'm here with a review. I'm not sure if this is advice, an opinion, or an actual review. Consider this a cocktail of review. :)
Let's start with the middle problem. To be fair I've got a similar problem. I wrote a great beginning a dramatic end but the middle...My idea of how to deal with it I would make a scheme of the things that are solved and "unsew" your story. Does it make sense? It's as you have the puzzle done and then u find the pieces of it and write how you put them into place.
As for the story, it's very interesting. If I read this on the back of a book I would buy it. So, I think this is a great start.
My review is quite short. I hope you have a great morning/afternoon/evening,
MoonIris.






Thank u so much



MoonIris says...


:)




My tongue must tell the anger of my heart, or else my heart, concealing it, will break...
— Katherine, The Taming of the Shrew