z

Young Writers Society



my hurt is worth your happy.

by Annaclare


I knew you.
Your glossy eyes stuck in tomorrow.
Your confident smile striding through today.
Your calloused hands strained from yesterday's labor.

I felt you.
Your inspiring eyes locked with my own.
Your passionate fire-like smile whispering, "Mine."
Your leading hands intertwining with my palm and fingers. 

I loved you.
Your wild eyes with a hint of vulnerability.
Your sly smile mixed with romance and tension.
Your warming hands fitting so perfectly around my waist.

as if you were made for me.

But I know you.
I know you enough to know your eyes are stuck on her.
To know your fearless smile is endless for her.
To know your hands are at ease.

I don't feel you.
I don't feel the inspiration of a future filled with bliss.
I don't feel your ardent smile smiling for me.
I don't feel your hunger to embrace me.

And, yet, I love you.
Love you enough to let you see your forever in her eyes.
Enough to look happy because I know you're happier.
Enough to let go of the hand I once held.

because you were made for her. and the truth is, i wasn't.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
415 Reviews


Points: 246
Reviews: 415

Donate
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:02 am
Eros wrote a review...



Hey there, Annaclare !!

This is Eros here with a review for this poem !!

The title was not just a title. It was a feeling ... It was an emotion... I loved this poem from my heart.

The poem talks about how much pure your love is for the person. And also how much intense the love is.

The whole poem is filled with romance and also a deep sad story which is hidden inside the poem.
The choice of the words and the set of the words that you have used here adds the sadness to the poem ... Adds romance in the poem. I could feel those feelings when I was reading the poem.
I loved this poem very much. It has a deep meaning and is a court touching poem.

I liked the presentation of the poem, the stanzas and all. The language is easy to understand.

The theme of the poem brings out the most difficult situation of life when the person we loved the most falls in love with someone else and forgets about us.

The poem has a good and very smooth flow. The ideas are creative and the thoughts are expressed beautifullly. I appreciate the style of your writing.

The stanzas are linked with each other through a fine thread of ideas, weaving those thoughts s into a poem, as wonderful and as beautiful as this one.o

I liked the way you have described eyes ... and the smile ----- Ardent smile.

It gave a wonderful imagery to the poem. Apart from that, you are successful in expressing the feelings and emotions : expressing these senses is one of the most difficult and toughest job in writing a stuff, and it becomes even more difficult when it is to be written in a poetic format.

I loved the piece as a whole.

It was a great work ! It was just AWESOME ...
Loved it.

Keep writing such amazing stuff and we wouldove to keep reading them and reviewing them !

Have a great day / night !!

~Eros.




User avatar
25 Reviews


Points: 72
Reviews: 25

Donate
Wed May 23, 2018 3:39 am
View Likes
Murphy2493 wrote a review...



This touched me. The amount of raw emotion that went into the piece is beautifully done.

This touched me because I have done that for almost every ex I have had. It's hard to let them go and having all those memories, good and bad. But for me seeing them happy is the most important thing. Being bitter and angry does nothing. So I tilt my hat to you for being strong enough to do that. because it is not easy.




User avatar
94 Reviews


Points: 4109
Reviews: 94

Donate
Mon May 21, 2018 5:14 pm
View Likes
Wordzyy says...



That gave an intense feeling.Love is always worth the sacrifice.Loved it




User avatar
841 Reviews


Points: 664
Reviews: 841

Donate
Mon May 21, 2018 6:52 am
Radrook wrote a review...



Radrook here a once again to offer some suggestions.
Apologies if i offend. It isn’t my intention.
Please feel full free to cast aside all things you deem not helpful.
But if you do be sure its true by being extra careful.

That having been said:

Thanks for sharing this poem about a woman who is willing to relinquish a man to another because she feels that his happiness is that other. I like everything about this poem, the way it is arranged on the page, the constant repetition of questions followed by statements to support them.

The mood I felt as I read it was one of acceptance and an unselfish love for the person being spoken about and a concern for his happiness. This is a very admirable trait since we often encounter people who would not be so inclined. Instead thy would attempt to ruin any possibility of the person finding happiness with someone else. Some have even murdered in order to prevent it. So it is refreshing to read a poem that expresses a humane and decent attitude to a situation that could be taken in a very bad way.

I also like the generally straightforward vocabulary you chose to use. No word to baffle the reader and make him pause in confusion. Yet the poem speaks powerfully. The pace also manages to convey a sadness that accompanies the speaker's resignation. Not anger, but simply a sadness of accepting what is inevitable.

Again thanks for sharing this lovely poem
Looking forward to reading more of your work.




User avatar
31 Reviews


Points: 38
Reviews: 31

Donate
Mon May 21, 2018 6:03 am
singhvaibhav wrote a review...



Hey Annaclare, I really liked your poem here, its about one-sided love and how it impacts the lover physically and emotionally. I can relate to this as I have gone through this experience and though it feels gut wrenching it teaches us a lot of things. The way your love is described is both beautiful and painful as it is set against the premise of losing something so beautiful. Every line stands out for itself and together it comes out as a satisfactory piece easy to read and digest. I love the line "as if you were made for me." I just have a couple of suggestions. You could have rhymed it and then it would have been a pleasant read, right bow its an easy read but not a pleasant one. secondly you could have gone a bit deeper with your thoughts, it looks like you have just touched the surface, and I am sure you could have delved a bit deeper into yourself to extricate visceral emotions and not physical ones.

Feel free to disagree and keep writing :)





Change isn't inherently good, but you can't stop it, so let's just enjoy the ride. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
— TheSilverFox