z

Young Writers Society


12+ Mature Content

In The Mind of Suicide

by MrsxCreepypasta


You hear about it all the time, suicide. You see it on the news early in the morning on your way to the bus. You see it in bold black ink on your father's newspaper during breakfast. You hear it in the halls falling from the mouths of who you consider ¨Friends. ¨

LOCAL GIRL COMMITS SUICIDE, PARENTS ARE DEVASTATED 

15 YEAR OLD BOY FOUND DEAD, HANGING

VIDEO OF TEENS SUICIDE SURFACES

The responses to these events are all alike, everyone seems to think the same.

¨He was always happy. ¨

¨We never expected him to do that. ¨

¨This isn't like them, they were always smiling. ¨

Of course, they were smiling that's what they wanted you to see. It's a way we call out for help. When we say I'm okay, we are saying please help. When we whisper I'm fine, we are screaming,

¨I can't take this anymore. ¨

You don't notice, do you? The pattern? It's always the same kids, the broken ones. It's the kids that you called stupid or gay. It's the kids you called ugly or fat. It's the angels whose wings have been cut from their bodies by your twisted hands. The words you speak scar us, the names you spit slap us hard in the face. The things you scream cut our wounds deeper until it spills red. What you can't see, is that those kids are already hurting. The kid you called fat won't eat anymore. The kid you pushed down is already beaten at home. The kid you saw crying is battling cancer. The kid you called a faggot was disowned by his family. They are like scratched records; you throw them out without giving them a chance to be listened to.

They joke about suicide; they joke about cutting ourselves. It's not funny, it's not what we want to do, but it's something we think we deserve.

¨Are you gonna cut yourself? ¨ They always ask this.

¨Run along little Emo. ¨

Why do they call us Emo? Were not Emo, we are just cracked glass, and it's only when we break do we cut you. You laugh until it happens when the brown rope meets our small necks. Only when those chalky pills touch our quivering lips, do you stop laughing. Why do they do that? They bully us every day, but only seem to care when we finally take our last breath. You're suddenly the star of the school when you're dead, they care more. Why is it when something finally happens, the adults take action? Why is it when we beg for help the adults do nothing but slap the bully on the wrist like a toddler? Suddenly they are trying to prevent suicide, suddenly they are more aware, but why now? Why when we kill ourselves instead of when our hearts were still beating? That's the thing; why? No one will ever be able to answer that.

Maybe it's because they don't think it's that serious, maybe they believe it just kids being kids. We wake up every day scared to take a step into school because every step we take it brings us closer and closer to hell. We can't breathe under the ocean of hate your pour down on us. Sometimes we can't say anything because our mouths are sewn shut by fear. Fear of your bruised fists coming down on us. I wish kids wouldn't do that, stand by and watch us as we are beaten and pushed to the ground. They see it and do nothing. Are they scared to? Are they bullies as well? It reminds me of Jousting, we are armed and ready with sticks in hand, ready to see which knight will leave the battleground. They watch us ride our horses out toward each other and cheer as one of us fall down in cold blood. The knight who falls is always me. As they claim the match they look down at me and tell me I'm worthless. They walk away as the crowd chants their name with mighty roars and screams.

When we finally reach our breaking point, the world waits in silence and anticipates what will come next. They screamed at us to kill ourselves and when we finally do it, they are silenced. Your words influence us. Have you heard the saying,

¨sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.¨

The lies in this are what make me laugh. Words do hurt me, the things that are said and done hurt worse than any cut on my wrists. My cuts, they are for everything you have ever said to me, they are everything you have ever done to me.

¨Look at little miss piggy oink little pig.¨

¨Your too ugly and fat to be loved.¨

¨Drop dead.¨

Maybe I will. We hear about the suicides, but do you really know what it's like to commit it? I'll tell you. As you stand on the chair, it feels like your standing on a piece of glass over a black pit, and with any sudden movement that glass feels like its gonna break sending you down into the darkness. That rope feels like strong hands that keep tightening with every breath. As you bring it closer, everything just seems like a blurry background. Before you know it, the glass is shattered and the hands around your neck tighten leaving deep purple bruises.

 They wonder why? why did they do it? Ask the adults that didn't give it so much as a single thought. Ask the kids in the halls who watched as we fell. Ask the bullies that pushed us so far that death had to save us. I'm sure they will tell you the truth.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
841 Reviews


Points: 664
Reviews: 841

Donate
Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:09 pm
Radrook wrote a review...



Radrook here for a review.

Thanks for sharing this story. It goes right to the heart of one reason for suicide, being bullied by others. It conveys the frustration of one who keenly appreciated the damage that such constant harassment can inflict. The ignorance of those involved in respect to the dire consequences. The comparison of the victims as already damaged or wounded and needing only a further push to reach the suicidal point, the attitude that harassment of bullying is merely harmless game, the stupidity involved in assuming that such people deserve to be mocked and that the mockers have not just a right, but a moral duty to mock them. All this came through loud and clear s did the adult negligence in not taking the necessary steps to fix the problem before it reaches the suicide stage..

All of these thngs are very poignantly stressed in this story and managed to arouse my empathy and to feel the anger and frustration of having to acknowledge that these things should be and are very often avoidable but yet are allowed to progress to that horrendous stage of self destruction.

A true masterpiece.

Looking forward to reading more of yiour work.




User avatar
841 Reviews


Points: 664
Reviews: 841

Donate
Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:51 pm
Radrook says...



Your story reminds me of the poem Richard Cory

Richard Cory

Whenever Richard Cory went down town,
We people on the pavement looked at him:
He was a gentleman from sole to crown,
Clean favored, and imperially slim.

And he was always quietly arrayed,
And he was always human when he talked;
But still he fluttered pulses when he said,
"Good-morning," and he glittered when he walked.

And he was rich – yes, richer than a king –
And admirably schooled in every grace:
In fine, we thought that he was everything
To make us wish that we were in his place.

So on we worked, and waited for the light,
And went without the meat, and cursed the bread;
And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,
Went home and put a bullet through his head.

"




User avatar
9 Reviews


Points: 50
Reviews: 9

Donate
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:29 pm
CrystalRose wrote a review...



Your story is so good, i understand all this because I've felt this but also i have quite a few friends who feel this way. suicide is no joke and people who bully never seem to realise till its to late and its shocking. they shouldn't have the right to feel bad for the way they have made someone feel and act.
sorry for the bad review but keep up the good work :)




User avatar
125 Reviews


Points: 3476
Reviews: 125

Donate
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:43 pm
View Likes
LakeOfCancer wrote a review...



This is exactly how I feel. You described it so well...I know it's bad to say, but I plan on starting to cut tonight. I'm scared. But I cant fix what has already broken. And I loved how you said that we are silently saying we're fine when we're actually screaming that we can't take it anymore. That was my favorite part! I can't wait to hear more from you, sorry for the bad review, I just can;t think right now. Keep up the fantastical work!




~Lake




DeerInBacPac says...


lake no no no no i swear to god no



LakeOfCancer says...


I've had enough from people, not on YWS, but in irl, I just can't. Have you ever read the book Girl In Pieces? That describes how my mental state is right now. I just don't know what to do other than that. It won't be a river, it'll be a small cut, not too deep, but just enough to draw the slightest hints of blood. I just need to feel a little bit of pain Ems. I need it.



DeerInBacPac says...


scream.

scream until your lungs burn



LakeOfCancer says...


I have already, I can't be fixed...



CrystalRose says...


lake, i know things seem really shit right now and you think you can't go on but you can, i don't know you but i have friends like you and i tell them they are strong enough and they will get through this and i believe that because everyone is strong and can get through anything sometimes it just takes time. i know you think cutting will help but please don't do it... if you ever need someone to talk to i'm always free.


Random avatar


Lake, I have never met you. You don't know me, I don't know you. But I want you to know that even though I seem like nothing more than a faceless stranger in the crowed, I really care about you. Please, don't do this. I don't know if I'm too late, but still. Don't do this. It isn't worth it. It never is, please don't do this. As of now, it seems like it is your only option, but it isn't. It isn't. You know what you can do? Pray. You can pray. Believe me, if you pray, it will help. God will always be there for you, even when you're all alone, even when you feel broken, even when it seems the world feels as if it has turned its back on you. But I will say it again: don't do this. I will shout it until my lungs burn, don't do this. And, like what CrystalRose said, if it helps, scream. Scream until your voice becomes hoarse, scream until you lose your voice. Then, scream more. It will release pain, it may help. But please, don't do this. It isn't worth it.



LakeOfCancer says...


I'm still here, tbh, i forgot to do what i intended on doing. so i mean like.....it's absolutely fine at the present time. i just needed to focus on a couple things before coming back on here with all my negative energy. sorry for making you concerned.



User avatar
206 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 206

Donate
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:39 pm
View Likes
DeerInBacPac wrote a review...



*sigh* This story...

I know what having those thoughts are like, but I would never do it. I know people care about me and that it would affect them too. So, I won't ever go through with it, not even on my worse days.

Good work on this though, really. It was very powerful and is sure to brightens others minds about this subject. Thank you for writing this, really. It means a lot to me. Really, it does and I hope that you are ok. This worries me so I hope that you are, I really do.

Overall, I liked the poem and keep up the good work! So, happy Valentines Day ! I really need to go now, Grim has souls to reap and he needs more cocoa. He has a problem, seriously. Annnd I think he brought a dinosaur to life. Great. Anyways, Cheerio and fruit loops to you!




User avatar
37 Reviews


Points: 1517
Reviews: 37

Donate
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:59 pm
View Likes
Boluk wrote a review...



Wow. your short story just opened a whole new world to me all the time there are people at my school who act like the way you described. They never show you their inside and pretend to act happy and nice but all it takes is one bad day. One bad day before everything falls apart. Almost everybody in my school was either a bully or a victim. To be honest with you I was both a lot of the time being someone who bullied because they themselves were bullied. This kind of thing always confused me ow come whenever suicide or school shootings are apart of the news the news never really talk about what led the person to do that. they only ever talk about the suicide and we never really hear much of anything from the parents other than how they feel which one would already know which boggles the mind. there are other things about News media talks on suicide and other depressing things. They either seem to advert the blame to something else like video games or tv shows. or they act like the victims were just born that way and nothing would have been happened to stop that tragic event. We are human beings. And human beings are complex. we aren't just born with one thing in mind. We constantly change and through many trials and tribulations into our final forms. our true selves if you will. suicide doesn't just happen. They are a series of events that set up like dominoes just waiting to fall and once you realize whats happening its already too late. Suicide can only be prevented if it is stopped before the the process can take place. Not during. suicide can only be stopped at its core. Not the mere parts of it. our world is not back. Our world is not White. NO,our world is a pure grey color. people constantly wonder ow something like suicide could've possibly happened and they never really realize that it was staring him in the face.





You have been de-shenaniganed.
— WaffleCat