The Help o' your Readers

by Stori

If you wanna be a writer, what should you do?

Should you hire a tutor or go to school?

You always should remember this one golden rule:

Be sure and have respect for your readers!

If it wasn't for the readers, what would you do?

You'd ne'er mess with books all bound with glue.

You'd ne'er wield a pen of the black or the blue

If it wasn't for the help of your readers!

There's national bestsellers

Whose sales don't seem to stop

And then there's other writers

Who never reach the top!

I say the biggest difference between success and a flop

Is to listen to the voice of your readers! 

Carlymillie says...

If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be smiling right now.
This is so beautiful, the flow your peom, is so natural.
your rhyming is not forced, it's natural.
your lyrics are the best of the best.

L182 wrote a review...

Hey there just wanted to say it was a very fun lyrical read in my head it sounded like Gioachino Rossini's "William Tell Overture" with a good folky feel but since it's so well structured I'm sure you can apply this under a couple different beats and itll still sound cool.

Personally I'd go more into depth into the question of "what would you do?" And place some actions that an author would take in this case non the less awesome job!

Danni88 wrote a review...

Hi! @Danni88 here to review your cool poem!
The subject of this is so true, especially on YWS. If it wasn't for me and @Elijah and @snowmonkey9, you wouldn't know what to correct or what was good, and this would still be in the Green Room. Also, if nobody reads your story, or they read it and you don't listen, the story is ultimately not very good, and you won't know how to fix it.
I like the line "You'd ne'er wield a pen of the black or the blue".
This is very funny! I would give this five stars. Sorry if this review is a bit short, I would just like to get this out of the Green Room.
So, this is good and keep on writing!
Happy Review Day!

Dan x

Stori says...

Thank you, Danni! That line is based on the original "Work o' the Weavers"- "You'd never hae a cloak of the black nor the blue/If it wasnae for the work o' the weavers!"

Elijah wrote a review...

Hey there, Eli here on this wonderful review day!

I saw this lovely work sitting alone and surely very lonely in the green room. I have not seen such a piece so far in this site which is kinda a rare thing I guess? I always look for something unique to read, short or long, poem or just two lines inspiration. This was a piece towards the future writers, the ones who want to go on this path and maybe live being a famous writer, known by many for thrilling stories and interested content. The golden rule is really the best advice you can give to a beginner or whoever is thinking of being a writer as a career or maybe just for a hobby aside from a tiring work, something to free them from the busy life and let them relax and live in another world that they have created and love for a moment.

I can tell this is very inspriting poetry, short but very strong, just like I like it! I do not see why no one have taken a liking of it and commented it. Well, I saw one comment but I think it deserves more love just like a not-selling book.

And it is glad someone to tell something about us, the reviewers and readers of your work, because it makes me glad to see someone actually appreciate our work and understand why we are doing it. And yes, each reader is important! Who knows which one might make your book a best-seller? The flow of this piece was wonferful as well, it seemed a bit like a song maybe? But not a boring one, one with common sense but also a lovely tune.

Keep on writing and have a great day!

Stori says...

People seem to comment on its lyrical quality a lot. It's set to the tune of a folk song called "Work o' the Weavers".

Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:38 pm
SnowGhost says...

It sounds good read as a rap

Stori says...

Thanks, Monkey! The tune I used is actually from a folk song, so it's very interesting that you would read it as a rap. :)

I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
— Walt Disney