12+

True Story with a moral: Hear Me Out

by RossLighting

Hi, i'm Ross, and welcome to my true story. This story has a moral to it, so please keep reading. It's  a story I hope I can get some advice with. It's a powerful story, so sit back and relax.

Less than an hour ago, I was on Instagram, talking to someone about our days. I didn't know them in person, I just followed their page. Mum always said never to give info about you out to people you don't know, and, I did. On one of her posts she said she was having a bad day and I said I was too. We got into a conversation, but the bitch didn't listen to me. As I told her about my day, she then blocked me after not very long. What did I do? Why would she? Plus, the only personal thing I mentioned was something about me. It's not anything bad, far from it. Maybe I'll say one day. In fact, I will. I don't care if people know. Use it as an insult? Horrible. Just horrible.

Now, all Im asking for is some advice. Why would they do that? Will they take that tiny personal info and take it out of context? Please respond.

MORAL: NEVER GIVE OUT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION. STUFF LIKE 'I like sweets' IS FINE, BUT YOUR AGE, SCHOOL, COLLEGE, HOME OR WHATEVER? NOT COOL. I'M TYPING IN CAPS TO GET PEOPLE'S ATTENTION.

-Ross

P.S You know what? I'll just say it. I have autism. A very low form of it. It hardly affects me. Its just there, pretty much.

Atticus wrote a review...

Hey there Ross,

I'm glad that you have a moral and that (hopefully) you've 'learned your lesson', not in a harsh way but just in a 'be careful online' type of way. I can give you a couple of reasons why the girl may have reacted that way:
1) She herself was having a bad day. That can really cause people to not want to hear about others but just want to talk about their problems
2) After you mentioned you had autism, a lot of people automatically associate that with some person who's confined to a wheelchair, can't talk very well, and have a low intelligence. She may have thought that if your autism was severe, you would eventually rely on you for assistance doing daily things. I know that doesn't make sense, but if you get deeper into a relationship it might actually become a possibility.
3) She didn't know how to respond and didn't want to offend you by saying something insensitive.

I hope you had a good day, even though some people may try and change that.

Remember that life is not defined by how hard we fall down or get pushed down, but how we get back up!

Best wishes,
MJ

RossLighting says...

Yeah, I did mention it wasn't severe at all, but you had some good reasons. Thanks for responding.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:22 am
KFdreams02 wrote a review...

I know how you feel when it comes to stuff like this, though for different reasons. I meet a lot of people, online and in person, and I always end up somehow getting on the subject of me being abused as a child. It makes a bunch of them uncomfortable, and that's that.

I can't tell you the exact reason as to why she would react that way, but here's the two possibilities I can think of at the moment...

1. She's never had any interaction with that kind of thing, so she didn't know a healthy way to respond. So, she decided to just get away from it, too scared that she would mess up if she said something.

2. I hate saying this, but there are people who are like this... she's discriminatory against the subject.

I don't know if this will help, but it's the best I got for you. Let me just remind you this; you are absolutely perfect. Don't let one person blocking you tell you otherwise. Also, if you need someone to talk to about it, or if there's anything bugging you, my message box is always open.

RossLighting says...

You are perfect as well, and Im sorry to hear you've been through much worse. But, those are good ideas. Thank you.

KFdreams02 says...

#RossLighting The experiences you go through are no what measures your pain, it's how hard you take it. Don't get me wrong, what happened to me hit me harder than anything else, but I didn't take it nearly as hard as some people do. You just let your differences shape and make you who you are meant to be. Every difference has a purpose.

You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.
— Stephen King