z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Depression

by annabelle789


A road without hope,

A path without joy,

Often tempted to cut the rope

Heart full of sorrow,

Soul full of pain,

No hope for tomorrow

Days of misunderstanding

Years of  Bitterness

Where joy is lacking


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
80 Reviews


Points: 4
Reviews: 80

Donate
Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:46 am
VegasLights wrote a review...



Hey, annabelle789! VegasLights here to give you a review!

I really do love this poem because it is true for so many people, like me. This poem really speaks to me and grabs me at the heart because I completely understand it and I see nothing wrong with it. It showed the stages of depression, in a little amount of words which truly amazed me. I love how you chose a serious topic and made it easy to understand for people without depression. Thank you for writing an amazing poem and I thank you for your time, and I hope you have a great day!

xo. VegasLights
(Previously Steam1244)




User avatar
91 Reviews


Points: 3238
Reviews: 91

Donate
Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:54 pm
FireBird99 wrote a review...



Hey! FireBird99 here for a review! I wish you a Happy Review Day and a late Merry Christmas!

This poem has sadly been the voice of many in today's society. It sings of depression, sadness, and regret. Many have come close to suicide if not done the deed. It truly is a depressing thing to know that people commit suicide every day. This is something that I wish would end.

Nevertheless, it continues on and this song relives the feeling that many bear. You have done well in expressing the emotions of many and bringing awareness to your readers. There are people out there that need help and we are all capable of bringing the better out of someone.

Well done and keep writing!


~Fire




User avatar
18 Reviews


Points: 717
Reviews: 18

Donate
Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:56 pm
sapphireluna wrote a review...



sapphireluna back for yet another review.

This poem was quite good! It is very true and is filled with deep emotion.
I can see this person is struggling through depression in their life, and I can feel like they feel like they're stuck in a bubble and cannot escape.
In the more poetic section: I really appreciate how you counted out the sylobles and I can that you spent a lot of time writing it.

Here's some negative feedback:
-I feel like the the line "often tempted to cut the rope" doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the poem. It feels a little chunky, and just there.

On a different note, are you okay?
I want to make sure that this isn't you right now.
If it is, PLEASE PM me because I know what depression is like and I want to make sure you- or anyone else you may know- gets through it okay.
Sending you love and happiness this holiday season!
XXX,
sapphireluna




User avatar
21 Reviews


Points: 114
Reviews: 21

Donate
Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:44 pm
View Likes
KFdreams02 wrote a review...



I have a few friends who suffer from depression, and it hurts to watch them. Are you okay? I just wanna check and see, cause if this is a poem reflecting what you're feeling, then I'm always up for pm-ing you. (I know I'm a stranger, so I understand if no). However, if this is about someone you know, then they need help. It is a beautiful poem in a very painful form. Thank you.




annabelle789 says...


thanks



KFdreams02 says...


No problem, I'll be happy to help if you need me to.



sapphireluna says...


That's really sweet of you.



KFdreams02 says...


Thanks!




Stories don't end because you stopped paying attention.
— SJ Whitby