z

Young Writers Society


18+ Language

Transgender

by kingofeli


Warning: This work has been rated 18+ for language.

I fear for my life every day and I wonder why this has to be

why is this acceptable for me to live my life in fear

I can find no answer.

--

my gender is male

no matter what anyone says

fuck them

I am what I am.

--

I belong in the boys bathroom

who are they to threaten me

who are they to make me

question myself?

--

never have I questioned my identity

until others questioned it for me.

xxxx

[All lack of punctuation/capitalization is intentional.]


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
131 Reviews


Points: 8053
Reviews: 131

Donate
Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:35 pm
View Likes
godlypopo wrote a review...



Hello, happy review day!

Wow. This poem hits the reader hard as they sit tense throughout the rant about the speakers rights. The words are really powerful and they make the reader fall head over heels in pity for the speaker. You tell us that we can make our own choices in life and no one can stop this. It doesn't matter who you are, you can be who you want to be.

All throughout you have a very powerful tone winding between and in the lines. By doing this, you make the ending all the more powerful and thought provoking. By using the word never, the sense that you are extremely annoyed explodes.(This is also shown where you have woven in rhetorical questions for the reader to think about.)

This is an amazing poem which causes the reader to support everything. You make the ranting rage evolve and bring it out against the speakers foes.

This was a very thoughtful experience,
that's all from me,
Godly :D




User avatar
55 Reviews


Points: 1187
Reviews: 55

Donate
Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:07 pm
View Likes
PhoenixXander says...



This ugh, it hits me hard. Lovely poem.




User avatar
47 Reviews


Points: 1621
Reviews: 47

Donate
Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:12 pm
View Likes
Firepower13 wrote a review...



Very, very powerful emotion here, especially at the end. And you're right, it's not acceptable for members of the LGBTQ community to have to live in fear. It's getting better, though, believe me. Just judging by the works I've seen on this site lately that involved raising awareness for homophobia and similar issues.

I read this several times, and I ended up coming to the conclusion that, since you said your lack of punctuation and capitalization was on purpose, I honestly can't find anything wrong with this.

Keep writing!




User avatar
31 Reviews


Points: 1317
Reviews: 31

Donate
Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:36 am
View Likes
gv7233 wrote a review...



This is just fantastic. I can feel your emotion while reading this piece. I know it is hard to live in a world full of haters. But good thing that you kept being strong and I definitely agree when you said "fuck them." Yes! Amen! So true. Just ignore those ignorant haters. Seriously, they have nothing else to do but to just hate. Overall, great job on this piece. I have no criticism. Keep being awesome and keep up the great work!




User avatar
209 Reviews


Points: 10769
Reviews: 209

Donate
Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:14 am
View Likes
artemis15sc says...



That end statement was really powerful, and thought provoking. I feel like I've been dancing around that idea for a while, and you made it so clear.

I've always admired how open you are about this. Thank you. I know there are people out there who need to hear this.




kingofeli says...


Thank you very much! Yeah, I try to be as open as possible. You gotta accept yourself, you know?



User avatar
103 Reviews


Points: 2935
Reviews: 103

Donate
Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:02 pm
View Likes
Burrow says...



Loved it.




kingofeli says...


Thanks!




"Now I realize that there is no righteous path, it’s just people trying to do their best in a world where it is far too easy to do your worst."
— Castiel