Beautiful.

by SazzerChappy

Hey, I'm a teen writer. I usualy write romance/rom-coms/chicklit/drama. This is my first story on here, since I usaly write on Wattpad but I deciced to give here a shot so here I am. Enough chit-chat, let the story begin...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His eyes propelling perfectness with every lusicous glance, I winced abruptly trying to fixate my eyes on something else. It was the one boy though, he just took my breath away. His hair was a Hazel nut colour, curly and obstract like a lions maine. Pondering brown eyes to match his hair. 'Hey,I'm guessing your new since you've been staring at me for a while,' Lion boy asked leaning back on a locker. 'Well observerd, I have been. Do you want a sticker?'I mocked sarcasticly. He winked charmignly but I quickly pushed him to show him I just wasen't that kind of girl. 'Hey Brad,' A posh girl said kissing the boy on the cheek. 'Find a room, it's just wrong. And who are you? Some Lady Gaga Queen,'. Her skin was perfect, like her slickly tied back hair. My flexen mop stuck out wildy, it was very messy I acknowledegd that. 'Brad, I diden't know you had been doing charity work. Maybe I should go get you a coffe, it looks like you need some caffeine. Don't worry though dear, when you work with mentaly unable people it can be tiring,'. The girl looked into my eyes, a smug smile playing on her perkish lips.

'Pathetic, like your and boyfriend. Why don't you hug a bin? Look a little sad and flusterd, maybe it's because I'm so much better than you. Oh and say to lady gaga, a.k.a your mom she needs some friends,'I said before spitting my pink bubblegum into the bin. A few gasps echoed around the hallway, but the girl still stood strong ready for war. 'Pathetic? Really

Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:34 am

OKayy....as far as first paragraphs, that one was a little hard to follow there, I think potentially its the fact that paragraph is a bit too bunched up there...all those bits of dialogue at least needs to be split up into individual parts and potentially a couple of those dialogue tags need to be redone a tiny bit to make things a little more clearer as to who speaks when there.

That aside, their personalities are pretty plainly displayed their through their actions and the things they say, so that's a definite plus there right at the start in a prologue. On the whole, I really do like the character interactions here, you get a definitely voice for each person here, and you can instantly see them forming opinions about each other and acting accordingly. It's just some pretty neat scene of an interaction here.

Well, things turned into an all out trash talk war of sorts there...with this person really moving in for some serious insults there...and it looks like the other one is about to give back just about as good as they got. At any rate, an interesting end there, with the brewing of a serious storm...and well it certainly makes ya want to read on and find out more here. :D

Kanome wrote a review...

Hello.
Kanome here with a review for you.

Okay, I personally love this story, but I think it's a little... too short for it to be two chapters. You should just make this chapter one.

Nitpicks:
- I noticed that you were using something different for the dialogue than usual. When doing dialogue, you must use quotation marks. Like this:

"I believe there is a force inside me." The girl exclaimed.

- In this sentence, I believe you should insert the word 'and' into between. Like this:

The rain plummeted down, and I just hid my face with a hood.

Overall, it's an interesting read.
I honestly thought this was going to be really long, since it was two chapters.

I think making this to only chapter one, then making a chapter two in different post will help make the story a little better.

Keep up the great work.
I can't wait to read more of this.

SazzerChappy says...

Thanks for the advice :) I'm not really a speller or punctuater, I'm 10. So.. yeah I'm quite young! (Y)

Welcome to YWS, I'm Knight Alliyah from the Knights of the Green Room After Watch, Here to review your piece.

I'll start by saying that I think this may seems quite short for 2 chapters, but I'm not sure if maybe you were planning on editing more in later. It's okay to have short chapters but seems way too short.

In your first paragraph you make good use of imagery and establishing the scene.

past the white buildings and the pier which towered over the transparent sea.

I believe that "sniggered" is supposed to be "snickered". In this sentence:
One which looked more like a model stood in the middle with two girls hanging there arms around her neck.
doesn't completely make sense. You should take out the word "more" unless you specifically say who/what you're are comparing them too. Also in that sentence "there" should be "their".

Take a deep, deep breath.
You should consider putting internal quotes/dialogue in italics to make it more clear that the narrator is not saying this out loud but in their head.

" I tried to act fine but I had been here 5 minutes and I already had been embarresed"
When the number is less than ten in prose you should normally spell out the number. Also I believe "embarresed" should be "embarrassed".

In the next paragraph it's odd that the boy has his "hands tucked in his jeans" it makes me wonder why his hands are in his pants! I'd suggest changing it to pockets.

His dialogue lacks punctuations
Hey you new, Im Josh by the way
needs double quotes ( " quote ") rather than apostrophes ( ' apostrophe '). Also you're missing a question mark and "Im" should be "I'm" .

All of your dialogue needs quotes rather than apostrophes actually.
It's also odd that the brunette girl asks "Anyone else here" (needs a question mark again) because can't she see Ava? Again in the sentence
No just me, Im Ava im new here
you need to spell out "I'm" correctly, it's wrong almost every time you write it. It is distracting and lets readers question your author authority to misspell this constantly. I know it's a pain but editing is absolutely essential. The last paragraph is full of grammar mistakes.

Overall I think this chapter needs to be extended, so far the first paragraph seems very disjointed from the other two, work on making these transitions clearer and editing. The characters seem interesting though and I look forward to reading more. Have a great day and good luck!

~alliyah

This review courtesy of

TheCrimsonLady wrote a review...

Hello, love!
Aurora here for a quick review.

This is really short, and you really should extend it. By A LOT. A chapter should be 800 words minimum. I don't think you have 400 here, and this is supposed to be 2 chapters.

Technicalities:
The rain plummeted down, I just hid my face with a hood.
The rain plummeted down, but I just hid my face with a hood.

It veiled half my upper face, and my water-logged hair.
It veiled half my upper face and my water-logged hair.

One which looked more like a model stood in the middle with two girls hanging there arms round her neck.
One of them that looked more like a model than a high school student stood with two girls hanging their arms around her neck.

Nearly every sentence has some sort of grammatical error. I'm sure you can catch all of them when you go back to edit.

Just a note: you should really start a new paragraph every time a new person speaks.

Since you don't really have much plot, I can't critique that. Extend this by giving more description, though! Describe the surroundings, and give details! I'm still not sure where the MC is.

Your pacing was rushed, although if you lengthen this, you should be fine. However, your style is perfect for this piece.

Keep persisting, love.
Aurora

SazzerChappy says...

Thankyou, I'm at a young age and I think this is just the start. I really enjoy writing, even though there are many technichal problems it's like every first few stories your write. I hope you enjoyed thanks :)

No, it's not that you didn't succeed. You accomplished a lot, but, if you want to touch people, don't concentrate so much on rhyme and metre. Think more about what you want to say instead of how you're saying it.
— LCDR Geordi La Forge