12+

Sorceress: Chapter 7

by TheCrimsonLady

Cynder wrote a review...

Hey, this is Cynder. I like your work because I'm hooked by the emotion. If I were to see if I can help in any way, I would say.. I think you should add a mini climax and end with a slightly more engaging cliffhanger. Maybe with a little setting added, to give it just that much more. The characters have a nice mysterious personality to keep the reader engaged so that is good. I have not read your chapters before but.. I would maybe add a date and setting to give the reader a futuristic approach.. or completely throw us off by saying there is no time gauge. It is up to you. I would also connect your chapters, as J.K. Rowling does in Harry Potter. She keeps you informed and engaged and still adds new elements every time. Other than that, I really enjoyed your work and I would like to read more. I encourage you to edit this and make it even better. I hope I've helped.

faithless0408 wrote a review...

Hey!
I don't review everything I read. I know that's bad and that I should but I love reading and I often just don't have the time to do both. Last night was one of those occasions, I wanted to read and read the first piece of writing of interest to me, and read it quickly. Usually I wouldn't go near a chapter 7 if I hadn't read the rest of the story but I started to read this, just to get a feel for what it was like, and really loved it! I don't say that often but I honestly did!
I don't know these characters as well as I should if I had read your story properly, but I feel so drawn to them and as though I understand them, even in the short passage of text here. That's a great skill, you should feel very proud of yourself! I obviously don't understand what's going on exactly in this chapter but, for once, I found it didn't really matter, I still enjoyed it and couldn't stop reading. You write with an ease rarely achieved by even published authors, you're super, super talented!
So I decided to go back and read the whole thing, whenever I have five minutes! I read the prologue at least and I was very impressed again. You create suspense effortlessly and the idea is amazing, I wish I could've thought it up!
I know how hard it is getting someone to follow your story and getting reviews, I'm feeling this right now as I have my story on here but I will read and review everyhting you've written!

That's so sweet, love! And thank you for the feedback!

"The rules of capitalization are so unfair to the words in the middle of a sentence."
— John Green, Paper Towns