Know who your real friends are

by Sunshine101

The other day, a friend told me that Ronnie (fake name) has been saying ugly stuff about me behind my back. You probably think that this is a small problem that could easily be handled. Well, I don't think you really understand my relationship with Ronnie.

We have always been friends. Sure we've had our ups and downs but it was still a beautiful friendship. I never told her my secrets though. Even though we were pals, I knew she could never keep a secret. Nevertheless, when my REAL friends told me everything that Ronnie has been saying behind my back, I felt furious and betrayed. I have ways been a good friend to Ronnie. And when I say good I mean EXTRORDINARY. I always stood up for her and never told a soul any of her secrets. When she was trashing another person I'd be quiet, listen, and let her anger get out. I was always there for here and when she was going through tough times, I would do my best to make her happy. I never excluded her. In fact, I would always include her to make sure she's comfortable. I would walk to places with her when I didn't want to and I would be by her side. We were partners in everything and stuck together like glue. When I stated making additional friends she started hanging out with them too. After I started a lunch groups with some of my new friends, she joined a short while later.

My point is, I was a super awesome friend and it sucks for her, not me.

Back to the point of the story;

I was told that she would call me a b*** daily and wouldn't stop talking about how I don't have any friends besides her and that I don't know how to make friends. That I relay on Ronnie for everything and I can't leave her side.

First of all, I only do that to make her feel better. She's always telling am that she feels like she has no friends except me. Trust me, I have other friends than her!

I've always knew that Ronnie has had issues. She's always trashing to me about other people and I told her that she should stop.

I am so stupid! I knew she was capable of such a terrible thing but I never thought she would turn the tables let alone change the whole freaking story up. She literally flipped and twisted the truth!

There was so much more things that my friend said Ronnie mentioned but I honestly don't want to get into that right now.

One thing's for sure; it's gonna take a lot more than a sorry for me to ever forgive her. :(

I need help: should I confront her or keep quite?

Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:04 am
Sunshine1113 wrote a review...

Sunshine here to review....

First off you stole my name!!! Pretty sure that's identity theft right there... Lol second, like Iggy said, maybe you should try the blog section for venting and ranting, it's ok your new, your still learning how to use the site. Second, tell this chick exactly how you feel. If she's a true friend and a good friend your friendship will work out. I unfortunately had a "Ronnie" in my life too, and we had a really big falling out over something similar to your situation. I would give you better advice and explain everything more, but that involves me getting very personal and I don't want to do that over a review, I'd rather do tht over a pm. I really hope everything works out between you two. :) pm me if you want to rant and I can give you better advice. :)

Iggy wrote a review...

Hi! :)

Well, first thing you should know is that we do have a blog tab for you to vent without losing points, so I suggest you use that next time. :)

Now, onto le review, or rather, advice? It's kinda hard to critique a blog post. :mrgreen:

Let me just say that I, personally, would confront her. Like, seriously, I don't deal with people talking trash behind my back. I eft that drama behind in middle school, but it has bubbled up in high school, unfortunately. What I have done before is go up to the person talking trash and socked them in the mouth asked them why. (Violence is never the answer, young grasshopper) ... only sometimes

But seriously, that is ridiculous. If she has a problem, she should come to you and talk to you about it. Tell her that. Tell her to grow up.

Also, I suggest you don't forgive her, or at least, not straight away. Someone like that is only gonna cause you trouble. I suggest that you brush her off if she tries to talk to you or tell her that it's gonna take more than just a flimsy "sorry" to get back into your good graces.

But in the end, it's all up to you. You do what you think is best. No one can tell you how to live your life, so you think about what she does mean to you, or what she doesn't mean to you, and see which one outweighs the other.

Good luck!

You wake up in the morning and it feels impossible? Good. You do it anyway.
— Martin Scorcese