Wonderdreams

by TakeThatYouFiend

Alone, among the trees I stand,

as life around me doth stand still,

and fallen leaves all dance around

a single singing daffodil.

-

A stream winds through this wonderland,

lapping past the ancient trees.

Earthen smells excite the nostril,

floating on the silken breeze.

-

A blanket of bright dew doth lie

like shining diamonds on the grass,

and twixt the grass and hawthorne bushes

snakes a single forrest pass.

-

The sun is shining through the branches,

and gold leaves fall like dying care;

allas, this place was but my dreaming,

but how I wish I could go there.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:53 am
Apricity wrote a review...

Hello Fiend, Subtle here for a review on this fine day! I must say, this poem took my breath away! The imagery is stunning, and in terms of grammatical mistakes. There were none, nunno. And for some reason, you have managed to rhyme this poem seamlessly and at the same time making it flow so well. And I also love your language! Is very Dickenson-like. Now, let's point out some of my favourites.

A stream winds through this wonderland,

lapping past the ancient trees.

Earthen smells excite the nostril,

floating on the silken breeze.

By the gods, like it this imagery! Is just wonderful! Absolutely stunning, I don't think I need to tell you how lovely this is. So, good luck in your future writing!

-S.s

Thanks! Your the second person to say my writing style is Dickensian. :-)
Don't forget to like!

Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:12 am
AEChronicle wrote a review...

I was transported directly to a beautiful Garden of Eden.

The words you've chosen aren't fancy, by any means, but they fit just right with the feel of the poem and, like I said, transport you to the place. I can feel the sun on my face and the grass under my feet, and I wish I was there.

I also like that it has the traditional ballad feel to it, as if it was a song. It has a good beat to it, and almost all of the lines have the correct number of syllables to keep the flow going.

All in all, a good poem.

Thank you TakeThatYouFiend!

Thanks! :-) don't forget to like!

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:28 pm
ladcat13 wrote a review...

YOUR. POEM. IS BEAUTIFUL. I... I don't know what to say, I... I've never even READ such perfect poetry on this website before. I've always been able to find SOME little discrepancy, like rhythm problems or rhyme inconsistencies or lack of punctuation or misspellings or grammar mistakes, but I am struck speechless. It's like God himself just dropped this in my lap, to prove a point about my criticism of others while I have no real poetry skills myself. MY LIFE IS CHANGED.

High prase indeed! :-)
Don't forget to like! :-)

High prase indeed! :-)
Don't forget to like! :-)

The brain is wider than the sky.
— Emily Dickenson