Song: Silently

by TKLKOMOMID

Verse 1:

I know that I'm not the right one for you.

I do know that you're through.

With me flirting with you,

and my terrible, broken heart.

'Cause you knew that you tore it apart.

And now, you've left scars.

Chorus:

"Why does it matter what I do so much?"

I keep on screaming in my mind.

You stand in front of me,

and stare at my face.

I look in your eyes,

and they don't have a trace

of happiness left inside of them still.

Neither of us still have a will.

And as we watched,

they all fell down,

onto the ground.

We didn't say anything,

just watched them silently.

Verse 2:

We were quieted by greed,

as we saw them bleed.

Goodbye to my only brother,

I haven't found your mother,

and I know that it's all my fault.

Chorus:

"Why does it matter what I do so much?"

I keep on screaming in my mind.

You stand in front of me,

and stare at my face,

I look in your eyes,

and they don't have a trace

of happiness left inside of them still.

Neither of us still have a will.

And as we watched,

they all fell down,

onto the ground.

We didn't say anything,

just watched them silently.

Ending:

We had it in our power to stop this,

but we caught up in our bliss,

and forgot about the world.

And I want you to know:

that I really am sorry

that we stood there silently.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:57 am
RavenLords wrote a review...

Hello TKLKOMOMID,

RavenLords here for a review Stupendous review!

A few things I think could be improved:

I thought that the lyrics were very smooth, clean. Throughout most the song there was good rhyming, but there is a few spots you could improve on.

The form is going to have to be your downside. If you look at your song the 1st verse is 3x longer that the other verses. I think the chorus is a good size, for there is only two. I think the ending should be more like a verse then have another slightly smaller chorus.

But I think over all it is a very good song, and It has some real potential!

Nice Song,
RavenLords

Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:11 pm
Messenger wrote a review...

The Messenger Knight here to review for you, as promised.

So if I see anything I think could be fixed I will list it below. First off:

"Why does it matter what I do so much?"

This line seems awkward to me. Maybe it would sound better changed, but if you keep it, maybe you should put a comma after do.
of happiness left inside of them still.

The word "Still" seems out of place here. Almost unnecessary. Was it just to rhyme, because it really feels out of place to me. But listen to other reviewers as well. If they all like it, then keep it.
but we werecaught up in our bliss,

The bold word is missing, but it needs to be added.

OK, so I finished the poem. It was sad really, but I feel I don't know what they did that caused all of this trouble. and I want to know how they caused enough damage to make them lose his brother and her mother.
Also, your rhyming was confusing to me. Sometimes you rhymed and other times you didn't. And longer verses could help the flow. It seems like we are just starting to learn about things happening, when we go back to the chorus and read what we already know after verse 1.
I hope this doesn't sound too harsh. This sounds like a song that could be very emotional and stirring, which it already is, but I think you could improve it.
Keep it up!

TKLKOMOMID says...

Thanks. I appreciate your review and everyone else's.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:08 am
DreamWork wrote a review...

Hi, Dream here with review on your lyric. First of all, Happy Review Day!

I'm not sure if I can give the best review on this lyric, but I'll try what I can afford. Writing lyrics seem simple, but must be arranged with the verses / expression that affect readers. In your lyric, I can feel the variations in each verses. Some have an impact, but some are quite puzzling. At the beginning of the song lyric, I think you're writing about a broken heart, about your lover. Then in the second verse, I'm confused on these lines;

Goodbye to my only brother,
I haven't found your mother,
and I know that it's all my fault.

I do not want to comment on the words that are clichés because most songwriters use these words. Certainly it is a pride when you can express them in other ways too.
and my terrible, broken heart.
'Cause you knew that you tore it apart.
And now, you've left scars.

However, I have to admit that last verse appears particularly exciting and I love it. Overall, you can improve more on diction, I am sure you gonna success if we try harder without giving up! Keep it up!
Kudos,cheers. :)

TKLKOMOMID says...

Thank you very much.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:48 pm
Alpha wrote a review...

Heya. Here to review your song.

I'll give you my overall impression first: This lyrics are fine, but they could be better. Like, there's too much telling and not a lot of showing- which works in some cases, I guess, but not here really.

Your title, Silently. You should try to incorporate that emotion into the over-all 'tone' of the poem. The words didn't really have an effect on me. They didn't make me feel anything. They were a bit.. bland. I have a few nitpicks:

"Why does it matter what I do so much?"

This sentence doesn't make much sense to me, the 'what I do so much' sounds a bit off. What are you trying to say here? Just try to get it out in fewest words possible without having it lose its meaning. This same issue pops up another couple of times, such as:
I do know that you're through.

Is the 'do' really necessary? It sounds a bit forced.

Goodbye to my only brother,

I haven't found your mother,

and I know that it's all my fault.

So this isn't really a nitpick, but i don't understand these lines >.< Is it about something that happened to you?

All in all, not a bad song c: I truly loved these lines:
And as we watched,

they all fell down,

onto the ground.

We didn't say anything,

just watched them silently.

Good job! Keep on writing.
Cheers!
Alpha

P.S. Welcome to YWS [: Hope you like it here.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:18 pm
D4RKR4VEN wrote a review...

Hi, I've read your song. I am The Raven, Squire of the Knights of the Green Room. I rarely listen to songs, much less read and review them, so I have little as a basis for comparison. This is, in fact, the first time I will be reviewing lyrics here, anywhere really, but I will have my best shot in this. My techniques and practice for reviewing lyrics will have to be drawn from how I review prose and poetry. My review will be divided between What is Good and What Needs Improvement/Suggestions. Now, let's get down to business, shall we?

What is Good:
1) I like how your lyrics is up for interpretation. There are many ways to do it, and nothing can be taken at face value. Well done! This will ensure that your song retains the attention of its listeners (at least for those who listen to songs for the lyrics), and that if done well and published, could have a good longevity. Most importantly, your song would have good literary potential. For example, what is the persona/narrator referring to? That one question alone could spark a good discussion.

2) I saw some use of rhyming, more so than what many poems written today have! And whenever your words rhyme, there is association and meaning. That's some good, intentional and meaning use of devices there. Well done!

What Needs Improvement/Suggestions:
1) My suggestion would be to press on the attack! Use more devices! It's the same advice I would give poets. Associate more words through devices such as rhyming, as well as alliteration, consonance, assonance (did I get this one right?) and what not. Might even sound beautiful, but I am neither songwriter nor singer, so I wouldn't know.

2) Are the headings necessary? If they are not, you should remove them as they disrupt the reading experience a little.

I'm afraid I cannot offer much in the way of assistance, feedback and such. But I hope I've done something in this review. Well done, and keep writing!

TKLKOMOMID says...

Thanks for your review!

It doesn’t smell old, it just smells like a bad idea.
— James Hoffman