z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

With a Pen

by smanske15


With a pen,

I could write out the wrong in this world.

I could write myself a gleaming sword

Stronger than obsidian.

I could write out the dangers that we face,

The shadows in the dark,

The ones without a face.


With a pen,

I could write my wrongs

And make them right,

I could find new friends

Right by my side.

With a pen,

I could do all things-

I could write my past

And create my future.


Oh, the things I could do

With a pen.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
70 Reviews


Points: 1665
Reviews: 70

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:37 pm
LittleCaroleen wrote a review...



I love this. You could have some improvement if the words you used were a little stronger. I didn't really understand why you rhymed "face" with "face" but I guess we're all guilty of rhyming with the same word. In some parts there is rhyme and others there isn't. As the reader, it is very distracting when it's not consistent. I love it, but you should try tweaking it a little bit.




User avatar
22 Reviews


Points: 391
Reviews: 22

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:51 am
DragonNextec wrote a review...



I like this alot

How you Put a lot of detail with a pen never new how many things you could do with a pen
But you put it to use like Wrtting a poem or a story
Keep it up
Makes me think of that episode on Sponge Bob with the pencil
and he makes another self only to Defeat him,

Love spongebob anyways going on bout nothing really
So i liked this keep it going

Thanks
Dragon!




User avatar
17 Reviews


Points: 586
Reviews: 17

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:08 am
youngandclueless wrote a review...



This was great! I just love it! See, most people don't understand why I write in my free time. And I never have really been able to put it into words. But you have, and it was awesome. Your poem had this epic flavor to it that felt like hopes and dreams, and then IN the poem you talked about how it could all be achieved by something as simple as a pen.

Because you use something as ordinary as a pen to do all of this wonderful stuff, it makes the poem seem more magical. I just really liked it.

My favorite line was:

"I could find new friends
Right be my side."

It was great because it could suggest a lot of different feelings. You could feel nostalgic because you think of you imaginary friends when you were younger. Or you could percept it as dark, with all of you friends being horrible to you. I really like how it could go either way and bend to the readers own mind.

Great job! And maybe, If you want to, you can check out my poem, The Flame.




User avatar
46 Reviews


Points: 467
Reviews: 46

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:00 am
View Likes
Astronaut wrote a review...



Wow. I loved this. You definitely have the right audience here, on a writing website ;). I'm afraid I don't have too much critique for you, because I see nothing wrong here, but I'll tell you what I liked.

First of all, I feel that this poem revolves around the phrase "The pen is mightier than the sword." (Which also happens to be the inspiration for the Young Writer's Society logo) This is my favorite saying, because of it's truth. Your poem proves that. You show what magic can be created simply from a bit of ink (of probably a keyboard) in the poem.

I also very much like the puns. Puns rule. I just thought that "I could write my wrongs" was very clever.

Anyway, great job! Keep up the good work!




smanske15 says...


Thanks! Funny that you say this, for this poem was actually inspired by that logo. Thank you so much for your words of inspiration!





Well that would make sense! You're welcome!



User avatar
170 Reviews


Points: 620
Reviews: 170

Donate
Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:58 pm
yubbies21 wrote a review...



This is a great poems! The last two lines remind me of Doctor Seuss!

My favorite lines were about the sword as strong (or stronger (than)) as obsidian.

I could write myself a gleaming sword

Stronger than obsidian.


I love the few, subtle instances where you rhyme. They just really bring out the flavour in this poem!

I couldn't find anything I didn't like, other than that there is very minimal details. I wish that there were more colorful and exotic words!

Keep Writing!

Squire Yubbies





I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
— Romans 9:25