The Diary of a Cat Fanatic- Chapter 2

by cgirl1118

Dear Sir Whiskers the Great (after hours of staring at the ceiling I have found a name),

I have finally found a name for you! Since I can't have a Sir Whiskers the Great of my own, you shall be mine!

Now let's get on with how my day is going.

Today was the most horrible day of my life (of course there could be others). It was the official Cat Appreciation day, I looked it up on the Internet so it must real. When I came to school with my dashing cat costume everyone laughed at me! They told me Cat Appreciation day was fake but I insisted it was real. That just made them laugh harder. It was horrible, I had to sit through eight periods in a itchy, not-so-dashing-anymore cat costume that was being laughed at. It's always like this at school whenever I do stuff like this. It's not fair!

Let's move away from that, it brings tears to my eyes (Or is it that cat video I'm watching right now that's making me cry?).

Actually Sir Whiskers the Great there is something happening that is going to blow your mind. I think I might finally be getting you. I overheard my parents talking about a surprise for me. I'm so excited! It's going to be purrrrfect having a cat of my own. I should be making that scarf I was telling you about. Eeek! I'm supurrrifically excited! Wait a minute...I shouldn't get myself too overexcited. What if it isn't a cat? what if it's a knitting kit (Well I do like knitting kits). Argh! This is horrible. It's probably not going to be a knitting kit. Gosh Darnit!

I'm going to go cry now.

Goodbye,

The Crying Cat Girl

OliveDreams wrote a review...

Hello cgirl. I've arrived to review your humorous story for review day! I will review as I read so that it will make a little more sense to both you and me.

Here goes!

You've already made me laugh in the opening sentence so that's always a good sign!

I know diary entries are meant to be shorter than actual stories but I was actually really disappointed when this ended! I wish we could have known more about what kind of cat the girl wants. Or even what the girl looks like.

It just kinda finished.

I also agree with Danteke – I would have loved to know what the cat costume was like!

Good luck! I hope to read more of your work soon as it did make me laugh!

Olive <3

Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:35 am
Iggy wrote a review...

Hey there, cg! Is that what your name means? Cat Girl? The truth is finally out. ;)

Anyways, a diary novel. Interesting! Haven't read these since Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Dear Dumb Diary. I know they are meant to be short entries, but I think you can expand more on somethings, and make this a bit longer. Perhaps give other details about Kitty's day? What grade she is in, what she looks like, who her friends are, what they do, etc.

Actualky Sir Whiskers the Great there is something..

Add in a comma after "there".

Anyways, I am liking this so far! It's funny to read, and I love cats, so I can relate. But I seriously would live more to work with, so consider making this longer.

Keep in writing!

~ Iggy.

cgirl1118 says...

Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:07 pm
Danteke wrote a review...

The name of the diary brings back a cat's name from Dragon Age - Ser Pounce-a-lot.

~ "Since I can't have a Sir Whiskers the Great of my own, you shall take its place! Would have been nicer if you had a tail, fur, if you "meow"ed and purred, but we can't have it all, can we, Sir Whiskers?"

When I came to school with my dashing cat costume everyone laughed at me! They told me Cat Appreciation day was fake but I insisted it was real. That just made them laugh harder. It was horrible, I had to sit through eight periods in a itchy, not-so-dashing-anymore cat costume that was being laughed at. It's always like this at school whenever I do stuff like this. It's not fair!

~ What did the costume look like? Also, young kids are quite nasty so I don't think they would have settled at just telling her that the Cat Appreciation day is fake.

--Dante--

cgirl1118 says...

“Christmas won’t be Christmas without any presents!”
— Little Women