12+

Broken Angel

by RyiaGreene

I am a broken angel

Walking through the graveyard

I have fallen fast and hard

My world has come crashing down

All around me I see broken

Remains of a once happy girl

The blood and tears I shed

flow endlessly together in time

I wish I hadn't caused

my life to go all wrong

I want to be fixed

I want to be healed.

My companion is not here

He has left me fore dead

And while I try to bring peace and love

I get my heart torn apart

All I want is his love once again

He means so much to me, I miss him

But he turns from me, pushing me away

with his harsh and angry words

This broken angel doesn't want to go on like this anymore

I will watch as my blood and tears

seep out of my dying body

And as I slowly fade away this broken angel shall say

"Goodbye"

Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:47 pm
DarkRavenGrimm wrote a review...

I got a lot of feels from this poem. When you mention about the angel's missing love i thought a story could come from this. It got great emotions out me and that is okay because that is what poetry is supposed to do is get people to feel. I hope more work comes out because this one a great work of art. This poem made me feel like i needed to go and comfort the poor damsel i loved it.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:58 am
Liaya wrote a review...

Oh, this is really sad. It makes me wish I was there to take her in my arms and tell her everything would be all right, to just hold on and make it through somehow. (Although I'd probably end up giving her a lecture instead, in all honesty....) I really loved it, though. It's very beautiful and clear and paints a vivid picture of what this girl is feeling. I think the first part in particular touches a place we've all been before, too..."I want to be fixed, I want to be healed." Who hasn't felt that kind of pain? Thank you for sharing your wonderful poem!

RyiaGreene says...

Thank you :) I had actually wrote this at a pretty sad time in my life but I actually really liked it when I was done. I even asked my English teacher to review it for me when I had finished it.

Liaya says...

Yeah, I've got poems like that...they're dead depressing because that's how I felt at the time, but then they actually turn out really good. I loved yours, though!

InfinityAndBeyond wrote a review...

Hello there! Infinity here to review.

Well, what a wonderful poem you have here, I love the real sadness you have here that creates an emotional connection. It had a great flow and was clear and simple to understand. As much as I love this poem there's always room for improvement, but my suggestions will mainly be nit picks, this will probably be a short review.

"I am a broken angel

Walking through the graveyard"

Good opening, but you need a comma after the word angel and there isn't any need for a capital for the word walking as it's part of the same sentence, unless that was intended.

"My companion is not here

He has left me fore dead"

Here, i think you meant "for" dead a typo there for you to edit, re-check your work carefully.

Overall an interesting poem, I hope you keep writing!

-Infinity x

RyiaGreene says...

Thank you :) and I didn't even notice the darn typo lol so thank you for pointing it out to me!!!!

Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:19 am
Sarrasponda wrote a review...

Hey there!
This is a really good poem; Nick already mentioned the strong emotion, which is valuable in effective poetry. I like the flow of it; little punctuation which is cool until the last line, where I think that since it's sort of final with the whole "Goodbye" thing, you should end it with punctuation to, well, end it. Goodbye. End. That sort of thing :P

However, you do have some two random punctuation marks; I'd say either do all the required punctuation or zero (exception being last line).

Your single spelling error has also already been mentioned, so good job there. :D I love the way you broke up your sentences into different lines; broken sentences, broken angel = awesome.

Some background for this would be cool; I get it this 'I' character is dying, broken up and now their 'companion' has left them, but is 'I' broken because they left them or did they leave because 'I' is broken? Slightly uncertain but no matter; your poem's theme gets across nicely :)

Okay I think I would be a better reviewer for this poem if, you know, I actually had any idea what a broken angel felt like. I haven't really gone through any hardships, but this poem pretty much sums up what I feel it would be like. So good job and keep writing! :D

~ Sarra ~

Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:44 am
beccanadon wrote a review...

Diction was excellent for this poem. The harsh words set the tone for being "broken". I wish that you would have stayed with the angel aspect and tied in some kind of symbolism. Human emotions expressed, such as anger and hurt, could be made angelic with soft words mixed in with the harsh words. This would create a soft pain in a way an angel would experience; what you have already seems to be a sharp pain which is too human to be angelic.

RyiaGreene says...

Hmmmm I never thought of that.... Very interesting idea. If I have any other poems that turn out like this one I'll be sure to keep that in mind. :) Thank you

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:11 pm
nicholas42 wrote a review...

Hi Ryia,

Well, it's apparent that you had some strong emotions while writing this piece, which is definitely good. It talks about events we as humans go through on a regular basis such as loss and rejection. I don't have too much to say as far as mechanics go. I think you had one misspelling (left for dead), but that happens to me more often than I care to admit. I like the last line, particularly because of the internal rhyme, but I think if you split it up to match the length of most of your other lines it might be just a bit more aesthetically pleasing, and it won't change much for the rhythm. And of course, you'll probably get people complaining about punctuation and capitalization. Personally, I could care less when it comes to that, but it happens. I'm mostly nitpicking cause there isn't really much else to critique. Good Job!

Happy writing,

Nick

RyiaGreene says...

Thank you :) Yeah it was an emotional time in my life when I wrote this lol. Thanks for your feedback I'm very glad to have it :)

Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.
— Neil Gaiman