The Empire Chapter 3: Nothing Stays a Secret Pt. 1

by Chinkstuhhh

Chapter 3: Nothing Stays a Secret...

Since The Teen Spectator is solely based on pure facts, it seems that thislittle gossip I am about to release may sound like nothing but rumors.However, I got the real scoop from the inside of The Elite Circle. Young Bass and his Mistress were caught on video arguing near the met steps about being with each other (click the link below to see the video yourself). But more was seen when the two began to- let’s just say, seal their little “deal”.

-J.A. The Teen Spectator

“Jayden, was that seriously necessary?” Noelle bursted in Jayden’s room, pulling the covers off waking him up. Jayden looked at his sister with sleepy eyes then pulled the covers over his face groaning.

“Well good morning sunshine.” Noelle smiled, once again pulling the covers off and glaring at her brother who was trying to fall back asleep.

“Noelle... school’s closed... just chill your tits and wake me up later.” He muttered kicking her off his bed. Noelle got back up to her feet, grabbed the nearest pillow and slammed it straight on Jayden’s face.

“Posting that will lead to Nicole literally ripping her hair out Jay. She’s my best friend and I hate to see her so stressed especially with what’s going on with her brother now.” She said crossing her arms waiting for a response. A small beep went off and Noelle took out her phone.

“Speaking of the devil...” She accepted the call to find Nicole literally screaming on the other line.

“Tell Jayden to delete that post Noelle! How dare he post such... such...slander! I will sue The Teen Spectator!” Nicole screamed. “Just in time...” Noelle mumbled.

“Too bad you can’t sweetheart! We have our legal rights to post nothing and only the truth! This is the truth! I have evidence!” Jay yelled back laughing. Noelle shot him a look to stop him from speaking and turned away.

“Nicki calm do-” “Don’t tell me to calm down N. I’m serious. I was the only one who recorded them, how the hell did the video get out?!” She interrupted. Noelle glanced at her brother who was now wide awake and smirking.

“Wait, you saw them yesterday during lunch? Why didn’t you say anything to us?” Noelle asked turning to look at her brother. Jayden shrugged and laid back down pulling the covers over him.

“I wanted to confront my brother first. This whole fling between him and Chloe is between us. But looks like your brother already told the whole entire Upper East Side about it!” Nicole replied back her tone rising. “Be at my house in an hour. I have to go to ballet class. I don’t have time for this nonsense.” Nicole said hanging up. Noelle blew out a sigh and stared back at her brother. She thought for a second then pulled the covers off of him.

“Yes Noelle, keep pulling the covers off when I’m trying to go to sleep.” He replied sitting back up.

“Wait a minute, “real scoop from the inside of the Elite Circle” Noelle mumbled to herself. “If Nicole didn’t send in the video. Who did?” She asked suspiciously trying to get her brother to fess up. Jayden chuckled to himself, got up, and checked his reflection in the mirror fixing his bed head.

“Can’t say, confidential rights. The person didn’t want to be revealed so it’s their every right to be protected under The Teen Spectator.” He turned to his sister, smirked, then headed out the room. Noelle rolled her eyes and looked back onto her phone rereading the blast. “From the inside of the Elite Circle... Who was also watching them...?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m telling you Ferro I don’t know how the video got out. I don’t even know who the hell was recording us in the first place.” Henry turned off the tv and got up to get his coat. Heath was poured himself some water then turned to face Henry.

“That was some hot lip action though, I like Chloe.” He wiggled his eyebrows winking. Henry scowled at the gesture and called for Arthur, his personal limo driver. Heath downed his drink picking up his coat and the two started to leave for the elevator.

“Where are you two off too.” Chuck walked into the hallway, it seemed like he wasn’t even asking them a question. He nodded at Heath, who replied “Hello Mr. Bass.” Henry stopped in his steps, rolled his eyes then turned around to walk back into the hallway.

“Obviously we don’t want to be here. We’re going out to Columbus Circle.” He shared no eye contact with Chuck. Chuck sat himself down at the dining table and pulled out his phone.

“Henry, you know we are attending your mother’s dinner party tonight at the Palace. Your sister is also a part of the Debutante Ball this year which takes place next Saturday. You have been chosen to escort Noelle Archibald, I recommend you to go get fitted and get everything organized. You know how mother and Nicole get.” Henry just stared blankly at his father not saying a word.

“Do you not understand English Henry?” Chuck snapped this time looking at him. Henry looked at the ground and clenched his fists. He looked up and and gave a fake smile, trying not to grit his teeth. His father always treated him like this and he slowly getting sick of it. Every chance he could get he tries to avoid him.

“Yes father, I will do everything you ask.” Chuck knew he was lying, he looked back at his phone then gave a sigh. “Carry on, be here at 7.” Henry looked at Heath to signal to walk to the elevator, then replied “Don’t even bother. I’ll have Arthur take me.” The two both walked into the elevator, Henry’s eyes filled with anger. Heath placed a hand on his shoulder to express his sympathy, which only caused him to flinch. “I’m good. That’s just the way he acts now.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“John is that you?” Callie asked quietly peering outside her bedroom door. A tall handsome brown haired man walked into the hallways carrying what seemed like bags of souvenirs.

“You’re back!” Callie squealed leaping into her brothers arms. Johnathan Humphrey, a former elite of the circle but has moved on to his college lifestyle as a freshman at Yale. “How was Buenos Aires?” She asked taking his coat and shoes for him. She handed them to her maid then turned to face her brother with a gleaming smile.

“It was great sis, it’s such a site to see, I would love to take you there one day.” John replied giving his sister another hug. “So what’d I miss when I was away? Bet there’s a lot.” He raised his brows asking one of the maids for a glass of water.

“Well, there was Nicole’s annual back-to-school party.” Callie started. John nodded, “Ah, what would the school year be without her party?” He chuckled. “Oh and there’s a lot of drama going on lately at Constance and St. Judes. All about a girl named Chloe Pearson?” John was in mid-way of taking a drink from his glass until he stopped and placed the glass down on the counter looking at his sister.

“Chloe Pearson? Cute strawberry blonde haired girl? Pretty tall, petite, with a nice smile?” “Yeah, how’d you kn-” Callie stopped to stare at her brother. “You seemed to know a lot about this girl. Have you met her before?” John looked at her then walked to pick up one of the bags of souvenirs. He pulled out a lovely coral blue necklace with seashells incorporated on it and handed it to Callie.

“I picked this up by one of the street stands, it’d look lovely on you.” He replied trying to change the subject. Callie’s eyes lit up. “Oh this is just beautiful! Can’t wait to show this to the girls!” She gave a quick hug, pulled out her phone, then waltzed back to her room. John stood up and took a deep breath. He took a sip from his glass and looked out of the window into the city. “Looks like I”m not the only one back in the city...”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey, I’m trying to host a party after the Debutante Ball next Saturday, think you'd be able to come? I’d even let you invite the blondie.” Heath wiggled his eyebrows pushing Henry. Henry just stared at him and continued to walk. A couple of girls walked by staring at him with flirtatious smiles and he nodded at them. “Shut it Ferro. But I’ll be there. As long as you got scotch I’ll be good.” The two continued to walk past Columbus Circle towards central park.

“Speaking of the Debutante Ball, you and Noelle eh?” Heath asked putting his Ray Bans on. “Trust me, I’m dreading it.” Henry replied pulling out a joint. “Who are you escorting?” He asked lighting it, taking a puff. Heath lowered his shades and smiled. “I’m trying to take your beautiful sister.” He laughed putting his shades back on. Henry took another puff and handed it to Heath.

“Careful now, my sister doesn’t like boys like you. She’s interested in someone that has power like she does, but only less.” Heath took a huge puff and lowered his eyes. “Well we’ll see.”

“Excuse me sir, but you smoking is not allowed in the park.” A park police walked up to them with suspicion in his eyes. “Is that marijuana you are smoking?” Henry just looked at him with boredom in his eyes. Heath looked at Henry then at the cop then just smirked. The cop didn't know what he was getting himself into. Everyoe knows Henry Bass around here for a reason.

“No responses huh? The two of you will have to come with me.” The cop said walking closer to grab Henry. Henry put his hand up then turned his cold eyes on him.

“Before you make any serious mistakes, I suggest you don’t do that.” Henry shot back. The cop just stared at him in disbelief of what he just said. “Do yourself a favor and leave. Find someone else to bother with your pointless actions.” Henry walked passed the cop dropping a $100 on the ground next to his feet. “Take the money, just cause, this is probably the most you’ll get with your pathetic salary.” Heath laughed running after Henry who was stilling walking, smoking his joint. The two continued to walk in the park towards the second exit back out into Columbus Circle.

“I’ll call Arthur. He’ll take us to my mother’s dinner.” Henry pulled out his phone and sat himself down at a nearby bench. “Hey, it’s Nicole.” Heath said finishing the joint, nodding to a petite brunette who’s hair was in a tight high bun dressed in dancewear. She was carrying her Michael Kors bag with a starbucks coffee in one hand. Heath called her over in which she shot them both a confused look then began to walk towards them.

“Didn’t expect to see you here.” Nicole looked at Heath who was looking at her up and down. Nicole rolled her eyes and turned to her brother. “What are you guys doing here?” Henry slapped his phone shut and looked at his sister who was waiting impatiently for a response.

“We got bored sis.” He replied casually. “Arthur is coming to pick us up, would you like a ride?” Nicole turned to look at Heath then at her brother. “Heath, can you give us a moment?” “Sure beautiful.” Heath smirked walking away. Henry rolled his eyes expecting to hear another mouth full from his sister.

“What is it now Nicole?” He said looking at his phone. Nicole crossed her arms, blew out a sigh, then grabbed his phone from his hands. Henry shot her a look, then tried to distract himself with his surroundings.

Look, I know you know about the blast Teen Spectator posted this morning.” Nicole said waiting for a response. Henry looked up at his sister and threw his hands up. “Okay? And? What do you want me to do? I don’t even know who recorded us.” Nicole began to look guilty and Henry caught the expression. “Wait, you did?” Henry said his tone getting higher. Nicole’s eyes widened and she took a step back holding your hands up in defense.

"Woah, woah, wait. I didn’t send in the blast Henry. Someone else did. I just wanted to let you know, I wanted to confront you about it. I care about yo-” “No Nicole, you care about our reputation. You hate her cause you think Chloe is going to take your spot, but in all seriousness, act your age for once! Stop with all these games and scheming!” Henry yelled causing everyone around them to stare. Heath turned around towards the noise and walked back to the two. “Henry. Arthur is here.”

"Good. Let’s go.” Henry got up and walked towards the limo. “Nicole can walk back home.”

Heath looked att Nicole and whispered, “I’ll call a cab for you.” before walking away with Henry. Nicole just stood there, in shock with what her brother just did to her.

Nicole’s phone went off and she pulled it out to check who was reaching her. It was a text from Callie. “Something’s getting strange around here. Meet at ur house in 10? -C.” Nicole closed her phone shut, took a sip from her starbucks, and raised her hand signaling for a cab.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chloe dear?Elizabeth Pearson called walking into the Pearson’s penthouse at the Trump Tower. She found Chloe laying down on her bed watching a movie on her MacBook.

Hey, mom. What are you up too?” Chloe replied not taking her eyes off the screen. Elizabeth sat herself next to Chloe and placed her hand on Chloe’s hand. She paused her movie and sat up straight to pay attention to her mother.

Elizabethsmiled hopeful. “Mrs. Bass is hosting her dinner party tonight for her company’s success. Nicole and her friends will be there, why won’t you join us tonight?” Chloe rolled her eyes and laid back down.

I’d rather pass.” She pulled out her phone and began to play with it. Elizabeth frowned and took her phone away. “What seems to be the problem?”

“Nothing mom. It’s just Nicole and her friends aren’t really the best welcoming committee in the city...” She trailed off. “They just haven’t really got to know you yet, I mean you left a while ago...” Elizabeth went on looking in the other direction. Chloe placed her hand on her forehead. “Mom. Can we please not talk about this. Please?” Her mother smiled and got up to head towards the door.

“Only if you go to the party tonight. See you there. 7 sharp okay?” Chloe sighed and got up walking to her closet. “Alright. You’ll see me there.” She pulled out her phone and began to send a text message. “Henry. Will u be at ur mom’s dinner party tonight? Mom is making me go. Hope 2 see u there. -C”

PenguinAttack wrote a review...

Hullo!

I have skimmed over your other chapters before deciding to review this, but I have to say that I did pick up that this was a GossipGirl fanfic, which surprised even me! I'm not always the best at recognising references. I like the characters that you have here, they feel realistic and interesting, with all the right sense of "teen" going about them. I can feel their similar characteristics to their parental counterparts which is always a really cool thing.

You mix dialogue and description well but I do feel like this is speech heavy, do you have any more to say about their surroundings or anything like that? I notice we don't see any colours or know about the weather or anything. The weather is usually a topic for parties, I know, but right now I think we need a little more connection with each of your characters and part of that is connecting things like colours or clothing to them. It mustn't be winter because Nicole is wandering around in dance gear (what does dance gear even cover? A leotard, tights, tutu? I'm confused about that one, also why is she walking around in it?) but we don't get any real sense of the weather otherwise.

These little things will help us get into the characters and what they're like. I also wonder if you might want to extend these scenes a bit more, give us more meat to run with. I like what you're doing but feel like we need more grit to really sink into.

Thanks for posting this! If you have any questions, queries or just want to chat, feel free to hit me up.

- Penguin.

Holysocks wrote a review...

Hello there! Socks here to try my hand at a review. I haven't read any of the previous chapters, so this might be a little hard, but here we go!

I really liked the way you kept your characters doing something, and how you described it. That made it easy, and interesting to read.

Now, I've noticed that you use dialog for every new POV thing that you do. It's a neat trick that pulls the reader in, because we want to know what on earth they could be talking about! But if you do that every time, we realise what it is you're trying to do, and we don't like it.

Second section, last paragraph you say "The two both walked into the elevator." This is just one of the few grammar mistakes that a person can find in there... don't get me wrong, we all make mistakes ( I myself am pretty terrible at spelling xD ), but if you can catch them before the rest of us you'd be on fire!

Back to the dialog for a moment now, when your characters are talking, I often tend to wonder if there's some one in the room that they are trying to inform. Sometimes you got to just let us figure out what's happening, with out dropping a great big notification bomb in there.

Almost done here, sorry for tormenting you. :-D

In the second to last section, with the cop and all... he wouldn't let the guy simply walk away, not after insulting an officer and resisting arrest, it just wouldn't happen.

Over all though I really liked it, You're quite talented. Hope that helped, and we'll see you around. :-P

Chinkstuhhh says...

*Park cop; my main point is that If you ever watched the Gossip Girl tv series, those kids actually do illegal things but can get out of them fairly easy, I'm trying to present the idea that Henry is not an ordinary teenager, he is has wealth and authority therefore believes that he can act in any way he can. That's the way his father acted in GG so I'm trying to also put that i there as well. Thank you though I appreciate your review!

Holysocks says...

Sorry! I don't get notifs from here!

But ya, I did realize what you were doing with Henry, but you really can't rely on TV.
And anytime! :-D

Tons of cowering! Plus your name in the summer programme. A custom-designed banner. A cabin at Camp Half-Blood. Two shrines. I'll even throw in a Kymopoleia action figure.
— Rick Riordan, The Blood of Olympus