z

Young Writers Society


16+

The Empire

by Chinkstuhhh


Warning: This work has been rated 16+.

Chapter 1: Young and Beautiful

In the city that never sleeps, what could be better

than a little bit of champagne and music?

The young and wreckless, here to

introduce their world to you.

Welcome to the Elite,

the future builders of the Empire.

-J.A. The Teen Spectator

Is this seriously happening? What do I do? Should I make the first move? No. The guy should do it first. Why am I freaking out? I never have before...With adrenaline pumping in her veins, he slowly leans in and kisses her softly on the lips placing his hand on the small of her back.

It all started with a couple of exchanged glances, small talk, and a couple of champagne filled glasses. Chloe Pearson, your upper east side "it" girl. Daughter of the wealthy Pearsons, Oscar Pearson owning half of Manhattan next to The Bass Industries under the rule of Charles "Chuck" Bass. You can say they're real big enemies, but in the public eyes, they're just two good friends, that go way back. Elizabeth Pearson, the main editor in chief of the all time famous VOGUE magazine. With these type of successful parents you can only imagine what their children will sought out to be. Chloe and Blake Pearson, in Manhattan's eyes they are the principle of success and power but so are the children of Chuck Bass and Blair Waldorf. Henry and Nicole Bass are their successors and will do anything to remain on the top, profoundly first place. One thing they have in common however is that they are considered to be in the Elite Circle. Once you're in, you're in. But you have to fight to remain on the inside of the Upper East Side.

"Blake, seriously, where did you put my phone at?!" Chloe screamed throwing things around her room searching for her phone. "I don't know sis, but it seems you got a text from Thomas Gatsby?" Blake snickered playing around with Chloe's phone."His name is Tom and he's my date to the party tonight! Which you're not going too." Chloe snarled snatching her phone away from him. "Didn't know you were attracted to the Gatsby's, there like family. Incest I say." Blake chuckled checking his reflection in the mirror. "No you idiot, we're going as friends. He needed a date, I needed a date so we just decided to go together. Now leave my room because I have to get ready for an important event. You know how important this is to me." Chloe said pushing Blake out of her room, slamming her door. "See you tonight sis!" Blake laughed walking away."I swear Blake! If I see you tonight, your ass is grass!" Chloe yelled opening the door only to catch her brother walking away as fast as possible. "You forgot I was invited too, the Bass family adores me." Blake smirked walking into the elevator.

The annual back to school party that Nicole Bass throws herself at the Hotel Empire penthouse is occurring tonight, which means a lot is going on for our upper east siders. From getting manicures and pedicures and suits picked up from dry cleaning, Nicole Bass was also running around making sure her party would go perfect. "Henry, I need you to pick up my dress, call the limo. And make sure the alterations were done properly. There's a reason why I paid that much. I have to look better than Chloe Pearson. People say she's on her way to take my place in the top Elite Circle." Nicole said looking off her check list, scribbling little notes. "Everything has to be perfect." "The Pearson's you say? Don't worry, she's got nothing on you. If anything, I bet you got gossip on her." Henry sighed pouring himself a glass of scotch. "That's the problem. I don't. You know me, I love the competition, but if I have no source of weapons to destroy them, why do I even try." Nicole said abruptly slamming her check list on the counter. Henry looked down at the check list then up at his distressed sister. "Look, the Pearson's is our frenemy, and were Basses, we never lose. So cheer up, I'll pick up your dress for you and we're going to have a great time at your party okay? I'll see you later." Henry smiled at his little sister and left for the elevator. "I'll make sure we never lose." Nicole smiled sinisterly, as she opened her phone.

"Any gossip on the new girl?" Nicole said impatiently taking a sip out of her mocha latte. "I'm looking Nicki, just chill out a sec." Callie Humphrey replied typing furiously on her MacBook Pro. Callie Humphrey is known as the daughter of the former elites, Dan Humphrey and Serena Van Der Woodsen and little sister of Alan Humphrey. She is also known as Nicole's most best and trusted friend. Like mother and daughter they say, these girls have been stuck to the hip since they were born. Nicole places her latte down and pulls out her phone checking the time.

"Well, I don't have much time to just sit here and wait, I am hosting a party tonight you know." She looked at her iPhone and began to panic as she barely completed any of the tasks she planned for the party. Her patience was thinning with every second passing by. She just wanted to know something about Chloe so she can begin her scheme to take her down.

"Don't worry N, we'll find some dirt." Noelle Archibald mumbled, opening her water bottle taking a big gulp. Noelle Archibald is known as the daughter of Nate and Jane Archibald and one of Nicole's trusted friends. These three together are what Manhattan calls "The Three Elites". When these girls are in charge and scheming, you don't want to go to war with them.

"Are you seriously hung over the day of my party N? And take off your sunglasses, you look ridiculous." Nicole scowled rolling her eyes.

"What can I say? I love my magaritas. Thursdays are always Thirsty Thursdays." Noelle laughed flipping her hair.

"Yes and today's Friday, so pull yourself together!" Nicole said furiously. Noelle stared at Nicole hard and took her glasses off.

"Let me see if Jayden has any dirt. He is my older brother after all. " Noelle smiled deviously.

"He does know everything inside and outside the city." Nicole agreed approving of the idea.

"Found it!" Callie squealed, smiling brightly at her laptop screen. "Tell me the dee's now." Nicole demanded her eyes hungry for gossip. "Apparently she was studying abroad for a while. It says here she was spotted with Tinsley Kim in Hawaii both sharing a couple of glasses of martinis." Callie replied. Nicole took another sip of her latte, confused.

"So why is she back? She was basically living the life, she even spent time with Tinsley Kim, and she's at the top of the A-list."

"Well, there's obviously a reason why she came back. We just need to find out." shared Noelle looking through her iPhone. "Nothing stays a secret in this city. We'll find out sooner or later." "I prefer now. I need to know who i'm dealing with. I never lose girls. I'm on my way out, see you guys tonight." Nicole put on her Gucci shades and walked out of the cafe.

"Noelle, does this girl seem like trouble to you?" Callie asked curiously. "Oh she's dangerous alright. But our Nicki can handle her no problem. See you later Cal." Noelle picked up her purse, put on her shades, and waved good bye to her friend.

"Well don't you look gorgeous." Tom said breathlessly, blown from Chloe's dress. "Oh stop flattering me. You look rather dashing yourself Tommy." Nicole flashed a smile at him. He chuckled, "You ready? The limos waiting for us." "Been waiting all this time for tonight. Let's go." Nicole picked up her purse and walked into the elevator.

All of the rooms in the Bass's penthouse were filled with the latest hit music that even the 19th floor could hear it. Bottles are clinking, glasses getting sipped on, while the upper east siders were either gossiping or dancing on the floor. "I hope you're having fun Manhattan!" Nicole yelled holding up a glass of champagne. "As Junior Class President, I would like to provide all the upperclassmen the luxury and style of the way a Bass lives." Everyone raised their glass, "Cheers! To the new school year!" "Cheers!" Everyone echoed back. Nicole was smiling with her clique when she suddenly fixed her eyes on something that pricked her anger.

"Chloe Pearson." She hissed. "So she really is back. She even pulled a move like your mother did, like forever ago, right Cal?" Noelle Archibald gently pushed her.

"Really? You have to bring my mom into this? Your dad literally hooked up with half of Manhattan." Callie shot back. "Are you talking about Nicole's dad? Or mine?" Noelle laughed.

"That is not the time Noelle. Callie shut up and get drunk or something." Nicole snapped. "Oh, there's another joke about your mom Cal!" Noelle laughed, taking a swig out of her martini. "Guys! Stop being so distracting! Chloe is the main focus here!" Nicole grabbed both of her friends and marched to her room.

"What the deal anyways Nicki? So what if she's back. Who even invited her? " Callie sighed collapsing on Nicole's bed. "Word is, Chloe Pearson is going to take her spot that's what." Noelle added. "You know how N gets when she isn't known as the Queen B, just like her mother was." "You love to connect the past with the present don't you..." Nicole glared at her. "My parents invited the Pearsons. It's a competition thing. Besides I'll always be Queen B. It's in my genes. A Bass never loses, girls." She got up, picked up her glass and walked out to where the party was.

"Oh my god, this party is too hyped. I love it. The music, the decorations, the food!" Chloe exclaimed taking a bite out of a chocolate-covered strawberry. "Sure looks like you're having fun there Chloe." Tom said taking a sip from his glass. His eyes searched the room until his gaze was fixed upon something. Chloe chuckled. "What are you staring at Tom? You look creepy." "Tinsley Kim..." "Oh, she's here? Love her, we went to Hawaii last summer together for a shoot!" Chloe exclaimed searching for her. "Wait, you know her?" Tom asked rubbing his head. "Here let me introduce you to her." Chloe grabbed Tom by his arm and dragged him towards Tinsley. "Tinsley!" She squealed. "Oh my god, is that you Chloe?! Where the hell have you been!" Tinsley said going in for a hug. "Oh you know, I've been traveling the world, even though I love the city, I still want some space." Chloe laughed rolling her eyes. "Oh, yeah I totally know that feeling. So who's this?" Tinsley smiled looking at Tom up and down. "Tom is going to be your date tonight." Chloe winked pushing Tom in front of her. "Hi, I'm Tom Gatsby, I'm pretty sure I met you before?" He said nervously trying to act cool. "Thomas Gatsby? The Gatsbys? Don't you own like all of the West Side?" Tinsley asked, smiling at him. "Well it seems like you're hitting it off rather well here, so I'm going to leave." Chloe said walking away.

Chloe Pearson was back into her old world which consisted of champagne and ravish parties. Sometimes she asks herself why she even came back. Majority of the people forgot about her nor do they even care. But with this fresh start, she was going to start doing things her way and live her own life. She sighed downing the rest of her drink. Maybe the city will give her something new to look forward too. Going for another glass, Chloe passed by the outside window view of the city in the Bass's penthouse. "Wow, never seen Manhattan like this before..." "That's because you never really seen the heart of New York." A seductive like voice called out. "Oh shit, you scared me!" Chloe turned around and faced Henry. That's where it all started. Her eyes stayed fixed on his eyes and it felt like everything around her just went numb and mute.

"The names Henry. Henry Bass." Henry replied taking her hand and kissing it slowly. Chloe was covered in goose bumps from the moment he placed his lips on her hand. She shivered and tried to pull herself together. She then realized the last name. Bass? Wait, our dads hate each other. Damn it, this would happen to me. Finally I meet a super hot guy and this happens. Why th- "I'm sorry, am I interrupting something? You look really disturbed." Henry asked confused. "Oh no, it's just that you're a Bass." Chloe blurted out. Henry gave a little frown. "Is that a problem? Who are you to say that?" Chloe panicked realizing that she was a little too blunt. "No it's not a problem! I'm sorry, my names Chloe Pearson, it's just-" "Pearson you say? Like Oscar and Elizabeth Pearson?" Henry interrupted. Chloe got nervous thinking he would no longer have any interest in talking to her. She didn't care if he was a Bass. There was just something about him, that made her so attracted to him, maybe this was the new thing the city gave her to look forward to. "Yeah... is that a problem?" "Not at all," he chuckled, "But i'm pretty sure my dad hates your dad." "And my dad hates your dad." Chloe laughed along. "Well this just makes it more interesting." Henry said slowly, gazing into her eyes.There's something about her. So pure, yet dangerous at the same time.

"Henry! Henry! You're missing the party!" Nicole called out searching for her brother. "Henry! Come on, you little junior posse is out here looking for you! You know how youloveattention! Hen-" She comes across the two laughing and talking. "You have got to be shitting me." Nicole mumbled under her breath. She takes out her phone and snaps a quick photo. "Want to take my spot? Now my brother? You're messing with the wrong bitch Chloe." Nicole walks away with a slight devious smile.

"Wow, you're hilarious, and very charming." Henry chuckled softly taking Chloe's hand. She shuddered at the touch, "Well, you're not so bad yourself." "How come I never see you around the city?" She asked. "How come I never seeyouaround the city?" He laughed circling the rim of his glass. "Well I would really like to see you around..." Chloe looked down at her feet, hopeful. Henry looked really hard into his almost empty glass. "I mean, only if you want too." Chloe said feeling slightly rejected. "I hope you know, I would love to see you around." Henry stepped closer to her, pulling her close. "You're not like any other girl I've met before." He slowly smiled. "Oh, I've heard that line before." Chloe laughed, gently punching his shoulder. "Trust me" he laughed, "I haven't said this before. I don't have a reputation like my father in his early days." He chuckled walking towards his personal bar pouring himself another drink. "You didn't answer my question."

"Oh. I've been traveling. I like my space." Chloe replied looking away. "Why would you ever want to be away from the city?" He said curiously. "Well, you know I have my reasons. You're so nosey." She teased. "I'd like to know more about your story Chloe. There's something so interesting about you..." Henry looked hard into Chloe's eyes stepping closer to her. Her breath getting hot and heavier, she took a large sip of her glass and slightly stepped away. "What, you scared? You don't seem like the type that would." Henry grabbed her hand. "Here come with me." Chloe hesitated. "I'm not going to rape you." He chuckled.

They both went back to the living room where the party was still going on. People began to turn heads as they saw Henry and Chloe hold hands. Whispers began to spread among the crowd as they watch until they both sat down on a nearby couch.

"People are staring..." Chloe whispered trying to hide her face. "Scared again?" Henry laughed. He walked towards the table and signaled one of the bartenders for a drink. You a fan of scotch?" He turned facing Chloe with a slight smile on his face.

"No i'm fine. I think I had a bit too much to drink." Chloe touched her face realizing how hot she was.

"The hell?" Noelle gasped at the site of the two. "Nicole, did you know about them?" Nicole turned and saw her brother laughing and chatting with her number one enemy.

"Never expected him to have the balls to bring her out here."

"I thought your brother was supposed to be mine.." Noelle pouted. "Seriously N? " Nicole turned smacking her on the arm. Noelle rolled her eyes and went to the bar to get a refill on her martini.

"Let them be Nicki. This is the most I've seen your brother be social since..." Callie started off, but slowly got quiet. Nicole's eyes turned cold and faced Callie. "Watch your mouth Cal. We don't speak of what happened." Noelle walked back and looked at the two seeing the tension. "Did I miss something?" "No. It looks like Callie had a bit much to drink." Nicole replied glaring at Callie.

"What's up ladies! Did you miss me?" Heath Ferro wrapped his arm around Nicole's waist planting a huge kiss on her cheek. Heath Ferro is also apart of the Elite Circle with his parents being wealthy investors in almost every technology business in the world. If you want to know the main producers of the Apple Company, you could say his parents played a big role. "You're such a pig Heath." Nicole rolled her eyes pushing him away. "You know you love me babe." He winked walking away to a circle of girls. Nicole, still staring at her brother and Chloe became disgusted with the site that she had to walk away, her posse following her. Oh they're both going to get it. She'd make sure of it.

"So Miss Pearson, tell me more about yourself." Henry sat down taking a deep breath. "Well what do you want to know?" Chloe smiled with a giggle. "Everything." He replied putting himself closer to her.

"Maybe another time." She whispered in his ear, pushing him away. "I don't like to tell too much when I first meet someone."

"Oh come on, you're just teasing me now." Henry laughed loudly. "There's something about you. I just can't put my finger on it. I just want to know you. Everything about you." He placed his hand on her cheek. Chloe's breath stopped short.Is this seriously happening? What do I do? Should I make the first move? No. The guy should do it first. Why am I freaking out? I never have before...With adrenaline pumping in her veins, he slowly leans in and kisses her softly on the lips placing his hand on the small of her back. Henry pulled back and looked hard into Chloe's eyes.

"I thought you don't like to tell too much when you first meet someone." Chloe smiled pulling him closer to her, kissing back.

"Kissinghas nothing to do with telling." Henry laughed and placed his hand on top of hers.

"I'd love to know more about you Chloe. The night is still young and beautiful, especially with you around here." Chloe blushed, running her hand through her hair. Chloe never felt this way before, with anyone and she wasn't going to mess it up. Henry gave her a funny feeling in her stomach and she knew it wasn't because she had too much to drink. Little did she know, the Bass bloodline is stronger than any bond you can think of. When you mess with family, you can only think of one name. Nicole Bass. Like the family claims, they never lose. Good luck Chloe, you're in for a real big one.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
1634 Reviews


Points: 67548
Reviews: 1634

Donate
Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:12 pm
Deanie wrote a review...



Hey there,

I don't watch Gossip Girl so I basically am just going to review this as if it was it's own. Also, you don't need to resubmit anything! If you look on the right you'll see a toolbar, and there should be a big button that says 'edit work'. It saves points :)

I just want to say, it is nice to read some light-hearted girly things sometimes. You need to make a new paragraph for each speaker though. This makes it easier to understand who is speaking and makes the layout look neater.

I don't have much time to say more, but it all looks good right now. I can understand all the characters and it's all running smoothly. I wasn't too sure about the narrative voice at the end. I personally, think it's best to stick to one style throughout the whole story.

Good job! :) Deanie x




User avatar
16 Reviews


Points: 616
Reviews: 16

Donate
Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:49 am
Chinkstuhhh says...



Resubmitted a much more improved copy of the first chapter! I'll be posting more here or you can just catch me on fanfiction.net at ayookimchiii !




User avatar
560 Reviews


Points: 30438
Reviews: 560

Donate
Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:32 am
Tenyo wrote a review...



Hey Chinkstuhhh

Just here for a quick review.

First things first, get rid of the bold text. If bold text were easier to read then fonts in general would be thicker, but they're not. Full bold text is really hard on the eyes, and I only got about half way through this before I gave up reading.

That really is a shame. I really like your style of writing, it's casually written and easy to read (evn if the font is not,) and so definately the kind of thing I'd pick up and devour during a lunch break or something of the likes. You've got somthing good going there.

Just fix the font. It doesn't make your work stand out any more, and will discourage people from viewing and therefore reviewing. And if you edit the font and nobody else takes a glance you can head over to Will Review For Food and request one.




User avatar


Points: 515
Reviews: 1

Donate
Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:53 pm



Hi.

Usually, I don't like to read books and watch shows like Gossip Girl but reading this made me want to read more. I love your style and I really think you could go far with this story. Please keep my updated and I can't wait to read more.




Chinkstuhhh says...


Thank you! That means alot, I'm actually posting more chapters at a website called fanfiction.net my username is ayookimchiii so look me up!



User avatar
16 Reviews


Points: 616
Reviews: 16

Donate


"The trouble with Borrowing another mind was, you always felt out of place when you got back to your own body, and Granny was the first person ever to read the mind of a building. Now she was feeling big and gritty and full of passages. 'Are you all right?' Granny nodded, and opened her windows. She extended her east and west wings and tried to concentrate on the tiny cup held in her pillars."
— Terry Pratchett, Discworld: Equal Rites