World peace

by achakravarthi9

Imagine a world where we celebrate each others differences, a world where different is good. For some its an utopian idea but it is unacceptable to others. A world where we all reach a permanent state of rationality. An idealistic world. An utopian world. But one never reaches perfection, we can work towards the idealistic world and might end up creating another world altogether. The very idea of peace brings a smile to people's faces. Every deed a human does, every action of his, has an ulterior motive: peace. But humans are also selfish. They work towards self peace and are ready to do absolutely anything to attain it. If only we were to step out of these self created boundaries, and aim at peace at a whole different level, a global level, life could get so much more promising. To every reform, there is only one solution: change, the universal constant. But I agree it can get uncomfortable. Change is never easy. For the sake of ease and comfort, we choose not to change and continue living on the edge. Only when we face discomfort, do we come to an end; an end of misogyny. In today's world, everyone claims to be modern, but are we really? Do modern people support gender bias? Do modern people fight on the basis of God? Are modern people stuck in time. These characteristics of the so-called "modern people", in reality does not seem so modern afterall. Time has led to a hypocritical era. The end of this era will mark the beginning of the march towards that idealistic world, which seems impossible today. Majority of the people belonging to the present generation have a broad mindset. But we as a generation are stuck in between two eras. We need to adopt a truly apt mindset. Moving on with time is something natural. Then why let these unnatural happenings continue? We need to put action to our thoughts and give shape to that mindset. Each one should set a milestone for the other. Our comfort, however harmless it may seem, is a lethal weapon to crush peace altogether. If one never leaves their comfort zone, each one will form their own groups and sit safe inside and would never dare to come out. That is not the idea of world peace, so the whole idea of this is to leave the nest, for its too late. For good or for worse, we need to keep our vows to the creator and work towards the betterment of his utterly amazing creation, our home. Man is often labelled the social animal, which is by-far true but here comes in the hypocrisy. Man socializes with people he is familiar with, but claims to be oh-so open, inviting and accepting. But really, are we? We need to rationally accept people from all walks of life. Be the difference based on colour, creed, religion or money, we all are humans. These differences are just labels created by us. When the milk in the fridge gets old, we need to replace it. Throw away the old milk, buy a new carton. The same way, its time to peel off that labels and put aside those differences. Religion is just man's way to feel closer to God. Should such a noble thing be the basis of a feud? Should it be the basis of a war? Every difference can put aside, not forgotten. But we can live with them in the day, but at the end of the day, we all return home as humans. Differences make us Christian, Jew, Muslim or Hindu. They don't make us aliens to each other. At the end of the day, we still have two feet and two hands. We dont grow webbed feet by the end of the day. Then why do we act as if others belong to an alien world? No one is forcing us to accept all the ideas and change. All what needs to be done is accept each other on the basis of humanity and not on the basis of difference. We are still young. But its time to fly out of our nests and live life as a citizen of the world. In India, people are practicing to put their country before their region but little do we know that we have a long way to go. We need to identify ourselves as citizens and residents of the world first, and then comes country. But this change will not happen in a day or two. This is evolution. It is going to take a long time. Probably, you and me will not get the joy of spectating such a world. But we can live with a hope that our home will one day reach the finish line whose whereabouts are unknown. Every human's mission is to work towards that finish line and never come to it.

rishabh wrote a review...

hi pal!

welcome!

your work is awesome. this thing is mindblowing. u know how it felt when we see humans are fighting for being superior............for me this is rubbish! ur work will show them the real picture. from the begining to the bottom it doubled my excitement level. i am indian too..that's why i liked it most! but it is not like this , it is a very cheapo thought. i really like ur stuff!

first of all i am a worldian then indian!

grt work! keep writing!

*Edited by Rydia for swearing*

Dutiful wrote a review...

Hey Chakravarthi! Welcome to YWS!

Okay first of all, you've done a good job over there with the content. Just a few typos here and there, but it can be fixed :)
You've chosen quite a topic there my friend Its kind of a debatable topic, I must say.

See, let me tell you something. We can imagine a world that is built under peace. But peace is such a flimsy word, it cannot wholly exist as long as we have difference in opinions. Its good to have a varied choice of opinions. Just imagine a world where we follow and listen to everything the ruler/leader commands us to, without even a second thought as to the consequences of such orders. We would be no better than robots. But I'm not against your opinions. We need peace, lots of it. But the word 'peace' in itself has a lot of meanings.
Peace as in non-violence.
Peace as in, peace and quiet, or peace as in solitude.
Of course, I know what you mean :D

Now moving on. The modern generation is loosely built under the framework of the previous generation. The feuds, the communal riots, etc that took place in the previous years are still being carried out today by our present generation. So, when you say modern people are stuck in time, think about it. Its only what was done before that is being carried on now. Sure, modern means to let go of everything that ties us to the past, but our past isn't something that can be let go of so easily. We are who we are because of our past. Sorry, I got a little emotional there :D

Anyways moving on to Religion. This is quite a sensitive subject, I have no idea how to go about it. I could probably go on and on about violence base don religion but you've already done a good job of that :)
I totally agree with you on that subject :)

Moving on to the grammatical errors, it seems like Black has already pointed out everything, so I dont want to be a horrible person and reiterate the same.
But I would say this, you might want to separate the text into a paragraphs. It makes it much simpler for the readers. Otherwise, its a bit annoying actually.
Anyways thats about it :D

Oh wait, I haven't complimented you on you writing. You've done a fabulous job, really! I like your vocabulary and you got across each point without much problems. I would suggest avoiding typos :D Good job!
Keep it up!

StoneHeart wrote a review...

Okay, so Black here for a Review Day Review!

Okay, so good work here! You present your point, idea, and theme well, with good words, and good logic. This is a decently written piece with only minimal mistakes and problems (In the grammar and plan anyway), which I plan to help you with while I'm here. However! This doesn't make me agree with your point, and, if you will listen, I'll prove to you how you are wrong there as well.

Now, granted, many of your points I DO agree with. You points on Change, and purpose . . . they're well written and good points, but your overall idea is WRONG. Look at it this way: Take a human, me for instance (Remembering that there is no set normal for humans), and pit him against your points.

First off, we're going to take me and put me in a perfect, peaceful world (Now mind you, there are only two ways this can come about in my opinion A: Complete control by imperfection, or B: God's rule). I would not make it. I am an imperfect being, as you stress. My son falls into a pit dug by my innocent neighbor and my imperfection kicks in and filled with hate and loathing I kill my neighbor. Imperfect humans CANNOT EVER have true peace without one of the two said options coming to pass.

Now mind you, your points are very specific, if one man will not work with it then your whole plan comes crashing down. Now, pit me against your points about every man striving for peace. Well here's a news flash from the guy who knows 'me' the best, I don't always strive for personal peace. Sometimes my imperfection kicks in an I do things that are not good for me in any way.

Your point about never reaching worldly perfection is a good one, I agree with that, but I believe, as a Christian, that I can strive for perfection, and if I strive hard enough I'll reach it in another life. It's my hope. It keeps me going, away from depression.

Now, look. Religions are usually ideals. They're the ultimate ideals, moral leaders. A bloody feud is not caused by Christianity! We imperfect humans have to blame the bad on something, and we blame it on Religion. Don't make the mistake of thinking everyone thinks and works the way they want you to think they do.

Anyway, point being: Imperfection and World Peace DO NOT GO TOGETHER. End of story. Now to your baser mistakes and weak points.

Grammar:

I'm feeling sadly nitpicky today so I'm going to RIP this piece apart, the slow, painful, and hard way . . . First though I'd like to mention that this piece is only one paragraph, you MUST break it down a bit. Please, it really helps with readability.

For some its an utopian idea but it is unacceptable to others.

I do believe you want to use 'the' instead of 'an' (At least 'a'), and put a comma in after 'idea'. Simple typo's really.

An idealistic world. An utopian world. But one never reaches perfection,

You should use 'A' instead of the second 'An'. (I totally and utterly agree with the last section of this sentence! However, it is the tearing down point of your argument. Either your cease to believe this, or you build a better argument around this.

The very idea of peace brings a smile to people's faces. Every deed a human does, every action of his, has an ulterior motive: peace.

What a person does and his actions are virtually the same things. (You know what? This does bring a smile to my face. And the thought of how ridiculous the idea is).

They work towards self peace and are ready to do absolutely anything to attain it.

You should use 'self-peace' instead of 'self peace'. You write it in that sense anyway.

To every reform, there is only one solution: change, the universal constant. But I agree it can get uncomfortable.

How can the ultimate variable 'change', be a universal constant?

In today's world, everyone claims to be modern, but are we really?

I think you don't really understand what 'modern' means. Being 'modern' isn't any special thing. To be modern means to be up to date with the world, to keep up with all the little gadgets as they come out. You need to use a different word.

in reality does not seem so modern afterall. Time has led to a hypocritical era.

Mind what you say by 'hypocritical'! 'afterall' should be two words 'after all'.

The end of this era will mark the beginning of the march towards that idealistic world, which seems impossible today. Majority of the people belonging to the present generation have a broad mindset.

You need a 'the' before 'Majority'. What defines 'Era'? You need to be more specific. Era is relative. Too much so for your point.

That is not the idea of world peace, so the whole idea of this is to leave the nest, for its too late.

I do believe you mean 'before', and not just 'for'. If I believe correctly you'll also need to change 'its' to 'it's'.

Man is often labelled the social animal, which is by-far true but here comes in the hypocrisy.

'by-far' should have no hyphen, 'labelled' should be 'labeled', and you should probably put 'The Social Animal' in quotes.

We need to rationally accept people from all walks of life. Be the difference based on colour, creed, religion or money, we all are humans.

I think you mean 'color' and not 'colour' . . . Also, if you think about it, people are really only generally negative toward opposing creeds, religions, colors, and the like. Not precisely. It tears down your point but a bit more.

We dont grow webbed feet by the end of the day. Then why do we act as if others belong to an alien world?

In this paragraph you use 'end of the day' twice in too close proximity, and 'dont' should be 'don't'.

Mind you now, there are more mistake than just these! I'll leave it to you to get yourself an English Spell Checker and pick out all the problems, supported by out loud reading. But don't be discouraged, it's really pretty easy to work most of these problems out of your style.

Anyway though. I must wind down now. Good work! With a stronger point you could mike a powerful rhetorician!

Keep writing – You will improve. Guaranteed.

~Black~

Yewis superiority!
— Several authors from the auspicious site.