z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

The Ant people of the dessert

by reallifeproblems


The Ant people

In the lands we call the dessert there lives a special group of people, known as the Ant people. They have red skin but can turn orange like a canyon sunset so we do not see them when we travel by.

One day long, long ago there where two Indian girls traveling by themselves in the dessert. They came across a large colony of the Ant people. The Ant people where in a great time of hunger. the girls noticed this and offered them some of the food they had for the trip. The Ant chief gladly replied"no thank you, we do not take from people we do not give to.'. The girls insisted that they take it.

After long hours of arguing they came to an agreement. The Ant people would guide them the rest of the way through the dessert if the gave them food. The girls gladly accepted this offer.

So they went on their way and where guided by the ants and the ant people got their food and survived their great time of hunger.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
394 Reviews


Points: 16710
Reviews: 394

Donate
Fri May 24, 2013 8:56 pm
KnightTeen wrote a review...



First of all I would like to point out that desert is only spelled with one (S). What you're saying is: The Ant people of the Dessert. Makes e think of a picnic where the ants get into the cake. Normally, I probably wouldn't even have caught this if I wasn't such a geek, and can recite "Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase" word for word. (Shag and Scoob made the exact same mistake in the opposite manner, spelling "dessert" with just one (S)".)
Sorry, but I am a geek and I did catch that.

There was a small grammar mistake in the third and fourth lines of the second paragraph. The first letter of a sentence should be capitalized, and there should probably be a comma after the word "Replied". Also, in the third paragraph I'm assuming that you meant 'they' and not 'the'.


It was a neat little story, and the plot was very good. There were just those few little things that I probably made to seem like big things by drawing out the explanation. I hope you write more things soon, I would love to read them.




User avatar
67 Reviews


Points: 358
Reviews: 67

Donate
Thu May 23, 2013 10:25 am
cm57105 wrote a review...



Hi there, Welcome to YWS!

First of all, I think this has some potential. It was an interesting... Uh, what was it? :D
Moving on, it was quite short. If that was the intention then go ahead, but I think this could be extended into a short story. The story line was interesting, plenty happened. Here are some of the mistakes I found;

hunger. the girls (Capital T)

The Ant chief gladly

What's with the gladly? I understand it if you put yes, because it would imply that he was hungry.

replied"no thank you, we do not take from people we do not give to.'. (

Space between replied and " and at the end, I'm not sure what that is.

I hope this helps you, if you have any questions, PM me.

~CM





The emperor is rich, but he can't buy another day.
— Chinese Proverb