z

Young Writers Society



When Worlds Meet

by niteowl


like screaming stars 
at the end
of days,
our worlds blended 
but we never collided. 

yet your dust 
orbits me now,
as mine orbits yours
as we fall into eternity. 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
18 Reviews


Points: 2079
Reviews: 18

Donate
Mon May 06, 2013 3:39 am
Repose wrote a review...



Niteowl;
My, my, so many reviews. I'll keep mine as short and sweet as this lovely poem.
Firstly, I love it. As you've already heard, short and sweet is definitely my thing and adding such simple but provocative words throws this poem right over the awesome cliff. Favorite lines:

our worlds blended
but we never collided.

Absolutely gorgeous to read. The whole space-oriented, stary-eyed theme really sucked me in too. I also like how you left this poem lower-cased. I think it really says something here - almost like the narrator is whispering what he/she really just wants to scream into the galaxies.
Just lovely, keep writing!




niteowl says...


Thank you! :)



User avatar
862 Reviews


Points: 29096
Reviews: 862

Donate
Mon May 06, 2013 3:22 am
Morrigan wrote a review...



Hi, niteowl!

Disclaimer: if you find typos, it's because I'm on mobile.

This poem is quite beautiful. I see that you'be already recieved a lot of reviews on this piece, so I'll keep this fairly brief.

I love the personification of the stars in your first stanza. It really started off the poem strongly, and set the tone of looking back at desperation. I love how you progress the "end of days" feel as well when the dust orbits each other at the end instead of the stars or worlds or whatever remaining whole.

Honestly, I don't have many suggestions for improvement. The only thing I would do is add "of days" to the end of the previous line. It doesn't feel right with "of days" as its own line. I think it would make the poem a tiny bit better if you combines those two lines.

I hope this review was useful to you. Happy poeting!




niteowl says...


Thanks! I think I was trying to emphasize "the end" with that line break but it looks kind of silly.



User avatar
178 Reviews


Points: 652
Reviews: 178

Donate
Mon May 06, 2013 2:39 am
Paracosm wrote a review...



Hey niteowl! Congratulations on doing NaPo! This poem is very beautiful, I'm not sure there's enough for me to critique to warrant a review. There's plenty of material you could work off of, so you might want to consider expanding upon your message! (Space is infinite after all.) Now, here's my opinion on what you can improve on in this poem.

-The title doesn't really match the poem much to me. While it does touch on the basic message of the poem, it's about stars more than worlds. The stars are a metaphor for two people meeting, but the title is misleading.

-The last stanza could be illustrated better. The first was full of sound and color, and the second just carries the blunt of the actual message. You might want to consider spreading that weight around a little.

Anyway niteowl, I hope my review helps. Keep writing!




niteowl says...


Thanks Paracosm! I know it's been a while but I think I might edit this to have more imagery.



Random avatar

Points: 359
Reviews: 1

Donate
Sat May 04, 2013 6:56 am
angadsingh says...



i actually didn't get it completely !
dust of stars ?
anyways keep penning !
:angad




User avatar
20 Reviews


Points: 493
Reviews: 20

Donate
Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:00 pm
ToriLynnea says...



i like the use of varying sentance lengths. you used alot of "advanced" words something i dont see in works very often. you seem to know what you"re doing and have a very vivid imagination and make it easy for the reader to connect and see what you saw while writing this peice. i didnt see many mistakes, if i saw any at all, but dont take my word for it, im not one who notices that kind of thing alot. but all in all, this is a good peice of writing.




User avatar
213 Reviews


Points: 150
Reviews: 213

Donate
Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:53 pm
dark wrote a review...



Bravo, great poem, Night owl. The poem has a beautiful sense of confusion blended into it. I love that in particular. The fact that you say
"Our worlds blended
But we never collided" deeply contributes to this.
Hm. I'd like you to keep it up with the great poems.




niteowl says...


Thanks dark! :)



User avatar
17 Reviews


Points: 45
Reviews: 17

Donate
Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:55 pm
deliroast wrote a review...



Hello There.......
First off I would like to say that I love your profile animation!! HA Secondly the poem is a little edgy and rough. However it is good at the point it is trying to make. The main thing I see from just looking at the poem is it needs punctuation and all the lines need to be capitalized. In the first stanza the second and third lines could have been together. It would have made the poem smoother.

All in all, the poem was good. It just needs a little more work. :)




niteowl says...


Thanks for the review! I chose lowercase for aesthetic reasons and I think my punctuation is on point. I should fix that line break though. I may add more as well.



User avatar
7 Reviews


Points: 1290
Reviews: 7

Donate
Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:08 pm
InkyLovesWriting wrote a review...



This poem is nice. I love the concept and the imagery you've used here is brilliant. Though I do think this poem should be extended to give it more depth. But you don't have to if you don't want to; it's just a suggestion. Overall, a lovely poem. I just think people would appreciate it more if it was a bit longer.




niteowl says...


Thanks! I may add more.



User avatar
33 Reviews


Points: 2191
Reviews: 33

Donate
Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:01 pm
rwgbookwriter wrote a review...



Hi, this is a great poem however I feel that it needs a bit more depth. You could do this by expressing more your emotions. I love the way you began the poem with an effective simile though if I were you I would start it with a capital letter.

Overall it is a very original poem with the universe background. Your writing is brilliant so keep it up!

love the words you used to create this short poem. The concept was well portrayed through the relation with our universe. It's a nice love poem as well of how the two worlds only blended but became one.




User avatar
23 Reviews


Points: 270
Reviews: 23

Donate
Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:15 pm
littleauthor wrote a review...



Hey little author here,

Aww this is a really sweet poem. Unlike the others, I thought it was a perfect size. It covered all the topic in those 8 lines and it was good enough that it didn't need anymore than that. This poem made me feel all bubbly in side and it reminded me of me and my best friend. I could relate to your poem and that's what poems are for.

Keep writing 8)




niteowl says...


Thank you. I was originally going for something more melancholy, but it came out more like a love poem. I may edit to change that. Thanks again! :)



User avatar
43 Reviews


Points: 426
Reviews: 43

Donate
Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:48 am
paula08 wrote a review...



Hi, this is a great poem however I feel that it needs a bit more depth. You could do this by expressing more your emotions. I love the way you began the poem with an effective simile though if I were you I would start it with a capital letter.

Overall it is a very original poem with the universe background. Your writing is brilliant so keep it up!




niteowl says...


Thanks! I may add a bit more.



User avatar
11 Reviews


Points: 517
Reviews: 11

Donate
Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:35 am
RainGrae wrote a review...



I love the words you used to create this short poem. The concept was well portrayed through the relation with our universe. It's a nice love poem as well of how the two worlds only blended but became one. I could see it become a great masterpiece. I suggest to make it longer? But even like this, it is truly amazing.

Yours Truly, RainGrae




niteowl says...


Thanks! I may add a little more but I don't want it too long.



User avatar
30 Reviews


Points: 2972
Reviews: 30

Donate
Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:05 am
mightaswellbuyacat wrote a review...



Hello!

For a short piece, your writing is good. I really like the concept, and I feel if you took the time to develop it into something longer it would be really intriguing!
Two things I noticed were that you should capitalize the first words of your lines and that you should make the stanzas contain an equal amount of lines. A way to do this (just a quick example) would be to put "of days," in the same line as at the end (though perhaps you meant to do that and it was a typo).
Happy Writing!




User avatar
30 Reviews


Points: 2972
Reviews: 30

Donate
Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:05 am
mightaswellbuyacat wrote a review...



Hello!

For a short piece, your writing is good. I really like the concept, and I feel if you took the time to develop it into something longer it would be really intriguing!
Two things I noticed were that you should capitalize the first words of your lines and that you should make the stanzas contain an equal amount of lines. A way to do this (just a quick example) would be to put "of days," in the same line as at the end (though perhaps you meant to do that and it was a typo).
Happy Writing!




niteowl says...


Thanks for the review (sorry this reply is late). I may develop this further after seeing all the comments. Rules about capitalization and line breaks are pretty loose in free verse piece and I think lowercase works better for this poem. I agree about the line break now though. Thanks again! :)



User avatar
241 Reviews


Points: 286
Reviews: 241

Donate
Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:00 am
Jonathan wrote a review...



Hello there here is a me with a review for you remember that this is for review day so it will not be so big.

Hopes is helps.

Sorry but this does not make that much sense to me I am not sure what you are talking about.

Second prob is wait there is not one I can't see any more prob's in here besides it was really good.

Good good work here I really like this here it sounds very very poetic. XD

Until later "may god be with you and good bye".

Keep writing and good luck.

~Jon~ :pirate3:

Hope it helped you out.

Good work hope is helped.

Forgive me if I rambled I do that a lot.




niteowl says...


Hi jordin and thanks for the review. It was a bit abstract but I really liked the stars imagery.



User avatar
34 Reviews


Points: 525
Reviews: 34

Donate
Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:40 pm
planve says...



ohhhhhh...why oh why. i kinda got into it and begun liking it. i devoured every single word with care only for it to end too soon.




niteowl says...


I realize I haven't responded so thanks for your comment. I may add a little more but I'm not sure yet.




You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better.
— Anne Lamott