Sri lanka

by znale1

If you haven't heard of Sri Lanka it is a country in Asia just below India. I want to know what you would think that Sri Lanka looks like and what people do there well I want a description of what you think of Sri Lanka and what the people there do. :)

Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:21 am
aulyasela3597 wrote a review...

Sri Lanka is also known to have very strong cultural connections with India. Before the modern people if Sri Lanka settled it is believed the island was inhabited by Ravana who ruled over the island. Considering many people from India actually went to Sri Lanka, starting with the Sinhalese coming from West Bengal and Odisha with the legendary King Vijaya and his followers from Bengal around 5 century BC, who founded the Sinhalese and their descendants. Then there were also Tamils who came from Tamil Nadu, who had great influence in North Sri Lanka, and bought their culture to the island. We see many Indian influences from both North and South India, have influenced their culture and peoples. Many Indians therefore view the various groups of Sri Lanka to belong some way or another to India culturally.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:53 am
Shady wrote a review...

Hey Znale!

Short piece, so I guess this will, presumably, be a short review. ;)

...Wait, what? After reading this, I got kind of confused. Is this, like, a discussion piece? Or...? I was expecting an essay or a story or something about Sri Lanka, but it seems more like a question than a statement. What about Sri Lanka? I'm not really sure what the purpose of this is. If it really is just like a discussion piece, then...well, I guess I can't really help much there. I think Sri Lanka is a really cool name, but I have a very, very small knowledge base of anything related to it. If I'm honest, I didn't even really know where it was.

Um... since I'm slightly confused as to this piece's purpose, I guess I'll just attack the grammar of it, instead of really try to review content. So...

I want to know what you would think that Sri Lanka looks like and what people do there.well I want a description of what you think of Sri Lanka and what the people there do.

That fixes the run-on you had, but it's rather redundant. Maybe something more like... "I want to know what people think of when they hear the name Sri Lanka. What sort of description would you give of Sri Lanka? What do you think people there look like, and what sort of things do you think they do for recreation or as a vocation?"

Or...something. But you have 'people do there' and then 'the people there do', which is the same thing just rephrased a bit.

Anyway~

Those are my thoughts.

~Shady 8)

LanFan143 says...

Okay my best friend is from Sri Lanka so here I go. Sri Lanka is at war and my friend was fortunate enoughto escape to the U.S. She doesn't know if her family is alive and going there would either mean death or not being able to come back. It's also called the teardrop of India for causing war and it also looks like India's teardrop.

StoneHeart wrote a review...

All right, no wonder you wanted this deleted. :)

One paragraph is a bit short for a discussion on Sri Lanka!
Maybe this would fit better in one of the forums, huh?

Really, just go make a thread and ask the people there! It's that easy!

And as to deleting this, all you really would have to do, I believe, is ask one of the moderators.
They'll probably do it anyway.

But more information on what you want here too would be great!

~Black~

Okay, this is clearly not a work. If you were hoping on some discussion on the topic of Sri Lanka then you could try posting it on the lounge or discussion forum, being more specific on what you were actually hoping to discuss ^_^

jordin says...

I agree Duke that this is not supposed to be here.

how can i live laugh love in these conditions
— Orion42