Love Poems

by amandajodowning

And yes I know that there are misspellings and no punctuation basically but each hopefully you enjoy :)

First one-
Listen up for I'm speaking
With my heart I'm barely reaching
I'm not playing your funny games 
Because it all remains the same
Don't talk of being mine
Don't walk me down that line
You're amazing in those wonderfully said words
But you're too far ahead you're flying with the birds
Get your head out of the gutter
For my heads all in a clutter
You can't steal my heart
But you might rip it apart
I'm not saying your mine
For you're words are so fine
You're so slick I'm slipping
But my mind it won't be tripping
You've got your head hanging down
But I'll wipe off that frown
Stand by me and I'll stand by you
Through the rain I'll lead you through
This path is unsafe
But you're protection is replaced
I'm here for you at all times
Here is my few if many rhymes.

Second one-
So i guess this isn't so new to you
But as for these words I have no clue
Love is only and idea I've never felt
But I suppose my heart will one day melt
So far it's been cold and distant 
Nothing has come at an instant
No ones has understood me the way 
That hopefully ill experience one day
I hope that when it happens 
It won't be a random tap dance
I want it to be meaningful
Not with a lying tool
Maybe I hope too much for one person
But in this I am uncertain
So take me to the place I've never been
Make me remember when
It was to be happy
But don't be sappy 
If love is four letters
Does it also have four tethers
It seems to me like a prison
Something in a distant vision
I can't experience something I've never heard of 
One day ill say enough 
Ill give in to temptation
And let my heart leap into elevation....

Third one-
Love is something you can't just give
It's something that you just gotta live
For the chance to mix and make
It doesn't appear with a wish and shake
Toss the penny into the wishing well
And fall into the depths of hell
Only those who are so unlucky
Receive love so unjustly
I won't hand my heart over 
Just to any loser
You can make me feel anything 
But nothing Id find myself believing
I don't believe in love
As something coming from above
It comes from down deep
Comes while you sleep
Takes down your defenses 
Cuts down your barbed wire fences
So take your pretty words and give them to someone more naive
Here ill take my leave
Ill be a shooting star 
Reaching wide and far
Traveling the skies wide
While my heart it hides

Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:44 am
FantasyWriter15 wrote a review...

These actually remind me of the songs I write, except, I don't write rap. So if these weren't rap they'd be like, the same.

I noticed a few grammar mistakes like you said, nothing major, just misuse of certain words that can be tricky to use like 'your' and 'you're'. I mean I get them confused all the time. Just like 'its' and 'it's'. You have some capitalization errors and forgot some apostrophe's in some places, but those are just some minor errors.

Now the lyrics. I understand that I may not get rap, but the rhymes sound kinda I don't know, forced or something. I know that these were probably spur of the moment. Like, 'Ah write this down, it's good! I don't want to lose this thought.' But honestly when it comes to songwriting for me, I don't write them all in one sitting. I let the lyrics come to me when they will.

Like I was cleaning one day and boom, I had a great idea for a chorus of a song. And of course I dropped everything and wrote it down. But I've also found that sitting down and forcing myself to write a song, makes it sound terrible.

When I rhyme, I sometimes use words that sound similar but don't actually rhyme. Somehow they still flow pretty good, and don't sound as if you're trying too hard.

An example of something I've written that uses this is,
'I don't want another love story,
Don't want none of that misery.'

They don't exactly rhyme, but they still sound pretty good together.

I don't know exactly how helpful this will be, I pretty bad at this whole review thing. But I hope you'll take some of the things I said into consideration.

And keep rapping my friend, keep on rapping.

~Fantasy

guineapiggirl wrote a review...

Hello! guineapiggirl here to review these little raps! Bit cheeky uploading three separate raps in one piece, but there we are.
I sort of hate most rap. Apart from the really good stuff. Some of it, when you see it written down on paper, is incredible poetry and stuff. But I hate the rap where they know they're just saying it really quick so no-one can actually hear their words and what they're saying doesn't make sense.
I'll review this just as a poetry piece.
So, the first one:

I'm not saying your mine
For you're words are so fine

I had to scream a little bit when I read this. You've got both your and you are wrong! Both of them! How can you do that? I'm almost impressed.
Anyway. The your should be you're, because it's you are abbreviated.
The you're should be your because the words belong to the person, so it's a possessive your.
I noticed loads of these mistakes littered throughout the piece and also loads of times when you got it right. Please just learn the rule, it's not hard and you just need to think about it for a split second!

If I'm honest, most of your rhymes are pretty basic and many are obviously forced. If this was a poem it would be pretty rubbish, but as a rap it's ok. You've got some good rap themes going here.
So basically, I don't like these pieces and think your rhymes aren't great, but they're fine considering most pieces in their genre and basically they're a lot better than some raps.
OK. Sorry to be harsh.
Hope i've helped a little.

Well if you might have taken the time to read the first sentence saying there were mistakes thorough you would understand that I was just putting them on here as was. I agree wi you some of it is forced bt then again I wrote these each in like 5 minutes. It was a rap battle. I didn't have time to go thought the act of picking out each word carefully. I'm sorry if you didn't like it. And I'm sorry this response is kind of disrespectful but frankly you should read the first sentence. It wouldn't take too long. And I also uploaded all three at once because they all have the same theme and not just made sense to me to put them all on at once. I hope you find some other persons poetry enjoyable. I realize you were just telling me your thoughts but I think you were incredibly rude. I thank you for the act of taking time to review them, though.

Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
— G.K. Chesterton