12+

Love Chapter 3 {Edited}

by umaima

Part 3

“Oh my god, my necklace” I whispered and looked in every pocket I had.

I always wore my necklace and there had never been a day that I kept it in one anywhere, even in my pockets but I had to test my luck, because if it weren't in my neck there was a high possibility it fell in the sea.

It would mean I lost it forever. I felt a heavy weight on my heart as I thought of it been lost.

How could be I so careless? First I lose my so dear brother and now… the only thing that he had given me…

The thing I loved more than my life.

I didn’t even realize when the first tear escaped my eye. I wasn’t someone who was strong. When it came to my feelings, I could never hold them in. I tried doing it after the incident but it ended up very badly.

I held my emotions for weeks but when, after some time, I finally gave in and lost control for days I couldn’t come out of my room. I cried every day and didn’t sleep well at night. A whole month I had spent in misery and that’s why, now, I just let it go.

No trying to be strong, no holding it in. It wasn’t easy at first, but the sessions with my psychiatrist helped big time.

Another tear rolled down as I looked at the water. I put my hands under water, thinking that maybe, just maybe I will be able to find it. I know that anyone who would have seen me must have thought I was insane but this necklace wasn’t just something ordinary. It is apparently my life and as dramatic as it sounds, it is true.

Because when something matters to you and your stupidity is the reason you lose it, you do everything to get it back.

I kept on searching in the water, I felt stones that cut my hand because they were so sharp but the pain, when they cut in my skin, didn’t affect me then.

I sat down, drenching my whole body in water as I looked harder. I could see nothing because of the darkness so I tried the last possible thing. I ducked my head in the water and tried to look for it. I couldn’t look well because as soon as I ducked my head in, I felt a hand grab mine and pull me out.

“What the hell are you thinking?” the voice shouted at me with so much fury that a shiver ran through my spine. I cried even more. I lost the only thing I had of my brother. He might never be back. I lost everything I had of him. I lost h..

“Suzan” A voice whispered.

“I lost everything I had of him. I can’t believe this. I… I…”

“Suzan”

“I lost him… I lost him for real this time. No I got to do something. I have to look for it…”

“Suzan!” the voice shouted. This time so loudly that I found myself scared as hell as I looked up. Frank was standing in front of me, Worry was written all over his face. “Calm down” he whispered. His tone so calming and soft that my heart beat, which up till now was going so crazy, calmed down a bit.

It didn’t make sense. I guy who I had been so rude to was here, trying to help me. I didn’t think of it much though; my mind was too distracted to think of anything except the necklace. He grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the water.

When my foot was on the sand, I realized how cold it was and how I was shivering the whole time.

Despite the chills I got in my body I managed to speak “I need to find that necklace Frank. It means everything to me. Please” It wasn’t like speaking though, It was like choking words out.

“Suzan is this the necklace you are looking for?” He asked in a very low but sweet and audible voice pointing at his hand.

I looked up at his hand and everything seemed to become better. I quickly grabbed the necklace and kissed it. I had never been so grateful before in my life.

I muttered a low thank You and carefully kept the necklace in one of my zip pockets. Once is bad enough, I don’t want to lose it again.

“It was on the bench near your coat” He said and I just nodded, not looking him in the eyes.

I didn’t feel like speaking. I just kept staring at the ground hoping that somehow this time just… disappears? Whatever sounds right in this situation.

It wasn’t long before I felt my hands been lifted. I looked up to see Frank examining my hands carefully. “No deep cuts as far as I can see” He whispered “I need your scarf Suzan”

I gave my scarf to him and saw him, so easily, tear it into two. He then washed wrapped it around my hands.

“For now bear with this, I will help you bandage it when we get home, okay?” He said. His eyes looked a little less tensed but his face indifferent.

“It’s okay”

He grabbed my coat from the bench and put on me “Let’s go then” he said after doing so and then turned and started walking off.

Honestly, my hands ached horribly but I decided I would still take my bicycle back, I wouldn’t ride it of course, just take it with me. I moved forward towards the bicycle and as soon as I touched it, it slid past my hands.

“Your hands Suzan” He said “I will take it back so just walk along without hurting yourself more”

I didn’t reply to this because I didn’t have a reply. I would be lying if I said that whatever he did didn’t affect me, because it did and Oh! So much!. I could feel my heart pounding against my chest.

I tried to calm myself by trying not to think anything but it was hard since my mind was playing by its own rules, repeating the past few incidents again and again.

As we reached home, I was relieved to see no one around. I guess everyone had slept. I took big steps towards my room but before I could (run) walk to it I was pulled back by the same strong hands that had ducked me out of water.

“I still need to bandage your hands” he said. I had totally forgotten about that. Well it was pretty much normal to forget this when there were so many other things clouding my mind. I nodded slightly, not trusting my voice or brain at the moment. Let’s just get this over with, I thought, and then never speak to him again.

When he finished the bandaging I felt very grateful to him. As he was about to leave with the first aid box I grabbed his hand, stood up and said “Thank you” then kissed him slightly on his cheek.

I don’t know what got over me but I thought that was the right thing to do. It was just today anyways; tomorrow we can pretend this never happened, whatever this is.

To say he wasn’t astonished would be the understatement of the decade. He looked like he had seen something horrific and I kind of felt a little insecure as I made out his expression. His eyes were wide in shock, clearly showing that he wasn’t expecting it. The silence between us was so uncomfortable that I shifted from one leg to another.

“It was… no big” He turned saying that and finally exiting my room.

And I just sat their staring at the door. Wondering why I was staring… No really…

ScarletDreams14 wrote a review...

Hey there! Scarlet here, as you know It's review day.

You know what that means, time to review!

Nitpicks first...

Despite the chills I got in my body I managed to speak “I need to find that necklace Frank. It means everything to me. Please”

- There needs to be a period after please.

I muttered a low thank You and carefully kept the necklace in one of my zip pockets.

- You does not need to be capitalized in this case, I suggest lowercasing it.

“No deep cuts as far as I can see” He whispered “I need your scarf Suzan”

- There needs to be a period after Suzan.

“It’s okay”

- There needs to be a period after okay. This problem echoes throughout the rest of the chapter. You must have adequate punctuation, I suggest fixing it.

I would be lying if I said that whatever he did didn’t affect me, because it did and Oh! So much!.

- You have an exclamation point, than a period. It needs to be one or the other, not both. I'm guessing this was an accident so I wanted to point that out for you.

Other than that, another chapter well done. Each chapter seems to captivate me with an anticipating feel. I love the relationship between Frank and Suzan. It's just beginning to form and I'm excited for the next chapter.

I'm begging you to write more, please notify me when you write the next chapter.

Sincerely, Scarlet; Member of #0000BF ">Team Aqua!

clubs/1983 - #0000FF ">Team Aqua Headquarters

ConfusedGlasses wrote a review...

Hey! I'm here for quick review!
Alrighty! So, your story is pretty good so far, at least from what I see in this chapter. I haven't read the ones before. But i like how it goes in this part. The pacing is good, and your descriptions too. pretty realistic. But, there are some things you could work on. I see this is an edited version, but you could still work on it. Like maybe try making the descriptions better. The better they are the nicer your story sounds. And yeah I agree with the things Sillia pointed out. Some of it sounds off but it's nothing you can't fix. That's all I wanted to say.
*blinks*
Huh? I'm done already? What the heck...
Take your time and rewrite it as many times as you need. We're always here for ya!

Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:37 pm
Sillia wrote a review...

Hi there, Sillia here.

I kinda just jumped into your story, so its a little confusing to me. But i hope to give you a good review all the same.

So first off. Description. Its what draws the reader in, and what holds their attention.

That is pretty good description right there, the only thing is that its a run-on sentence. To be 100% honesty you have allot of those. So instead of ^ that as one long sentence try to break it up a little. try something like; "I kept searching the water, sharp stones slashing my skin. I watched numbly as the water around me turned blue to red, hardly aware of the pain that rain through my nerves." just a suggestion but that would help the reader visualize it. You're story line is pretty okay so far, but you need to add character looks. Like Frank. Maybe you described him early on in the story, but its always good to repeat looks. So like for example, instead of saying;

Try; I gave my scarf to him reluctantly, wincing inwardly as he tore the silky fabric into two long strips. He wrapped it around my hands, his (eye color here) eyes concentrated on his neat make-shift bandaging.

So there's that. Also your paragraphs are a litttle too small. You don't want to combine them all together to make one HUGE paragraph, but lengthen them up a little bit. You're story line is pretty good so far, there are just a little things you need to fix. Also check the flow of your story. Frank just appeared out of no where? Some how that seems a bit unrealistic. You could have her hear him like...something like;

I heard footsteps approach me, heard someone yelling my name, but ignored it all. All that mattered was finding my necklace.

Just to add a little more drama and flare to it. Keep working though! With some effort this could be an amazing story! Happy writing!

<Sillia>

The bigger the issue, the smaller you write. Remember that. You don’t write about the horrors of war. No. You write about a kid’s burnt socks lying on the road. You pick the smallest manageable part of the big thing, and you work off the resonance.
— Richard Price