Dreams

by CatherinKanya

Close your eyes

Let it flow

Your thoughts are like the vast blue ocean.

Let them say what they want

All you know is the life you long.

Get a paper and note it down

Nobody is going to stop you now;

Your life is now but an empty book

So fill in the pages,

And let your dream shine.

WritingWolf wrote a review...

Hello CatherinKanya! Wolf here for a review.

I like the idea behind this poem. It reminds me of when I first started writing. It was light and sweet, not the usual heavy "don't stop dreaming" stuff you find. It was very pleasant to read. Usually all the poems about dreaming make you feel like it's something that should always be done and should never stop and kinda makes you feel guilty if you don't dream. But this one just kinda makes you want to dream. Which was nice. Good job. :)

I found that on the third line the flow was a little disrupted. I think it's due to the difference in length between the second and third lines. You might have a reason for this, but I don't see it. I would recommend combining the first and second lines to make the length closer to that of the rest of the lines.

I think this poem would be really really beautiful if you gave it a rhyme! Well, more beautiful then it already is, that is.
I particularly like this line "All you know is the life you long." It is really pretty and really speaks to me.

Really beautiful work here! Great job. :) Keep writing!
~WW

BaByLa1989 wrote a review...

Close your eyes

Let it flow,

Let them say what they want

(in this part i would have describe a dream and made it very vivid)

All you know is the life you long. ( grammatical error in this sentence, its not reading right. )

Get a paper and note it down

Nobody is going to stop you now;

Your life is now but an empty book

So fill in the pages,

And let your dream shine.

this is nice, i was looking for something more inspiring, something that would have encourage me to dream and dream big.

Keep writing

Yours respectfully

La

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same.
— Kurt Cobain