z

Young Writers Society

Old people are fantastic

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:31 am
View Likes
Tenyo says...

So, I was talking to my Nan, and she was expressing her concern for todays youth. She was telling me about something she saw on tv about kids sitting at home getting drunk on wine. 'Kids, proper kids, you know like really little ones.'

So I asked her 'Are you sure?'

And she went on to tell me about this thing on tv about little kids sitting at home on their computers for hours and all the while getting drunk on wine.

This sounded really weird to me, and Nan comes out with some bizarre stuff, so I prodded her a bit more. 'What exactly was it you saw on tv.'

'I'm not lying. It was talking about these kids, they sit at home on their computers, on wine. Little ones, like our K's age.'

Have you got it yet? I laughed so hard it hurt when I realised. 'On wine, or on-line?'

She stared at me for a few seconds. 'On-line? That's the thing you get the catalogue off, isn't it?' And then she fell rather quiet and changed the subject to 'Aren't those flowers you got me lovely.'

Because of course it doesn't make sense for kids to be on-line looking at catalogues. They're more likely to be getting drunk. I didn't say that part aloud.

Anyone else have old-people stories?
We were born to be amazing.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names.
— Chinese proverb