z

Young Writers Society

Writers Block

Random avatar

Reviews: 37
Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:08 pm
mim says...

I'm not quite sure where to put this post so i thought i'd post it in here and pray I choose the right forum.

Anyways, I'm sort of suffering from some sort of Writers block and I wondered what other members did to overcome it? Usually listening to music helps me but this method is failing me. What helps you?? Please post here..... i'm dying because i can't seem to write anything....... help! mim x
Last edited by mim on Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:09 pm
Firestarter says...

(Moved to Writing Tips)

My method is to touch up old stuff and rewrite parts and just wait, and do other stuff to put my mind off it.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:16 pm
Green Monkey says...

When I have writers block, i just keep writing anyway and then leave the writing alone for a week. When I come back to it, I see ways I can make it better. :-k

Random avatar

Reviews: 37
Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:34 pm
mim says...

thanx guys x

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:44 pm
Sam says...

I brainstorm. Just dream about your story/poem...what could you do?
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:14 pm
Emma says...

What I do is dream.
Like when I go to sleep I dream about stuff. When I wake up I write down what happened in my dream. I keep doing that until I have enough stuff and try and make a story. You can also daydream... I love daydreaming...

An author MUST have an Imagination. Without one - how you ment to write a story?

This is my views... If you look at my stories you'd find them crap.. (Thats what I think) But its worth a try. You might have better dreams than me! :D

148 Reviews

Reviews: 148
Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:48 am
ohhewwo says...

Yeah, writer's block sucks ... so does artist's block. If you listen to music, then try listening to different music. I highly reccomend The Mars Volta ... I've gotten tons of ideas from this incredible band. Also, writing music helps, too, if you're a musician, like me.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:34 pm
Ani May Queen says...

I diffently recomend listening to music. Also, just go over your work and see what needs improvement. By the time you get back to where you left off you'll probably have a ton of new ideas.
Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality. - Jules de Gaultier

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:14 am
Jerikas says...

I think if your going to listen to music then try to listen to the type of thing that you would listen to before writing the story as it is more likely to give you the ideas you had before writing the story. This means that it is less likely to jump around from idea to idea.
Also what I do is listen to music that has a meaning behind it, most of Yellowcards songs do this and Oasis is meant to be good too, or Travis. Really heavy music tends not to have much reason stuff like Metallica, although I don't know if you like that kind of music anyway.
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

He's not dead, he's electroencephalographically challenged.

All hail the mighty Glow Cloud.
— Welcome to Night Vale