z

Young Writers Society

Different

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:34 am
Chandni says...

A column/speech I had written trying to position myself in these people's shoes, trace their mind's footsteps :wink:

Melodramatic seems to be, the case of these “new” people. People? Yes people.
The way you call yourself a person. The way you look in the mirror and say : “ Thank God I’m not one of them “ Is it because you pity us? Or is it a slight slack of disgust?
We’re neither in need of pity nor disgust. Acceptance is what we plead, “to be accepted”.

Many things aren’t what you call normal, many situations don’t fit. Why does this have to be so accurate? So unable to get used to? We feel different, we are. And different is what we’ll remain, till you decide we’re all the same. Till you get used to the situation, that’s all.

No that’s not all; Through thin air the words weep : “ Why must they be? “ Like we chose for us to be this way. They can’t understand us, in fact their not willing enough to.
It’s against the society, priority –don’t care- Times change. Since we’re not stuck in the ice age, neither are the rules. Rules need adjustments, for they are bound to be broken more and more…

Evolution takes place in our hearts, our feelings change pace. We wish we could be “normal” for that is an insult ! We carry our love we’re willing to give, doesn’t that make us “normal” enough? Or does it matter to whom we give it? To whom we feel adequate?

Make place for the “new” people, for it’s what you can do best. One day, one day they'll understand the true meaning, the pain, the doubt. The doubt of being different in a sexual-orientated way. For living in this world right here, right now, doesn’t always hand us Christmas gifts-they’re on their way-.
I should not keep on, I'll just creep on creepin'on.

If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
— Noam Chomsky