z

Young Writers Society

Fun plotting

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:10 pm
Zeera says...

Well, this isnt a question. I could do this back home, but no one would listen or understand, so:

The easiest way to write a book no matter what its size is to just get one idea or action. That's all you need. From there, just that little action, you can make a chain of thoughts and ideas. It's best to keep a notebook whenever you're thinking about the story.

Here are steps to create a book the "Zeera" way:

First of all, once you increase the simple idea until you create a main character. Act like you're the character before any tragedy; it makes it easier to characterize the main character that way. Then try doing the same on everyone else, unless, that is, you just want one person's thoughts in the book. There, you've got you're characters. Then, write in your near-by note book the characters and the important things about the background of the story. After doing that, write a simple paragraph or two about the plot of your story. There, you've set your goal. Now, you will be ready to write.

Remember that the chain of memories, Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT finish it. Just link the single idea to your characters, the plot and the ending. And if you want, you could hook it up to some actions or ideas. See, this way, you still have a lot to make up, so you yourself can be the reader and writer at one time. You choose what will happen to the character without knowing it from the beginning. But remember, do not let the reader part of you control what happens in the story; you must put many original thoughts and twists.

The "Zeera" way of writing is a complex way of writing, but I'm used to it. It's nicer than creating a story then writing it. I warn you now, the "Zeera" way is not a very good way to write, but a fun way to write. You will have to edit the book a thousan times before there are just normal mistakes that happen when writing in other ways. You may nearly finish the book and then you will have to start from scratch because of an unagreeing idea or something.

Well, that's all I wanted to say. Be free to question this confusing way of "THE ZEERA".
Writing is an art...
Writing is my life...
I know..
I have a sucky life..
but meh...

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:53 am
Snoink says...

For some reason, I only just saw this, but I can see how it can be extremely helpful. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:14 am
Griffinkeeper says...

This is exactly what happens in storybooks, where there is no set "end" but a chain of ideas.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:17 am
Duskglimmer says...

Zeera wrote:You may nearly finish the book and then you will have to start from scratch because of an unagreeing idea or something.

:shock:

I think I may have a mental block against a method that would require you to start over entirely if you hit on an idea that doesn't fit, but this may work for other people. And maybe you could find a way out without have to start over completely.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:12 am
cuteape says...

that was interesting and sortof helpfull, thank you Zeera! :lol:

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:35 pm
Swires says...

I dont know about this. It seems fun but unless I have a clear plot on my head or written down my writing just depreciates to nothingness.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

My tongue must tell the anger of my heart, or else my heart, concealing it, will break...
— Katherine, The Taming of the Shrew