Young Writers Society

What are you doing for Halloween?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:40 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Halloween is right around the corner, but the pandemic likely has altered your plans for Halloween parties and group trick-or-treating if you like planning months ahead like I do. Since this year is anything but normal, what are your Halloween plans this October? Don't to forget to mention what you're watching or dressing up as if they're part of your Halloween plans!

I still need to put together my costume, but I'm dressing up as Jason Todd from DC comics. My costume isn't really based on any version of him in particular, but here's a photo of what I'm trying to go for!

I'm having an outdoor, socially distant party and movie marathon on Halloween night. I'm not sure exactly what we're watching, but I have a sneaking suspicion it might be some favorite Supernatural episodes of mine! There's also an online open mic earlier in the week, and I'm hoping my homemade Jason Todd cosplay wins the costume contest they're having that day. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:47 pm
View Likes
Rosewood says...

Uh... I still have to decide.

Some of my friends want me to go trick-or-treating with them in really nice neighborhood, but honestly, I kind of just want to chill at home and watch IT Chapters One and Two. Sadly, the one real thing I wanted to do has been cancelled.
.... - - .--. ... ---... -..-. -..-. .-- .-- .-- .-.-.- -.-- --- ..- - ..- -... . .-.-.- -.-. --- -- -..-. .-- .- - -.-. .... ..--.. ...- -...- -.. --.- .-- ....- .-- ----. .-- --. -..- -.-. --.-

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:17 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I completely understand that, @Rosewood! I admit part of the reason why I was so quick to have an outdoor Halloween party was because I was worried my friends would want to go trick-or-treating. But as long as we supply ample amounts of candy, I'm hoping they'll be satisfied. :)

And I'm sorry for that thing you were excited for being cancelled. :(
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

1487 Reviews

Reviews: 1487
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:21 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

We've just had some new lockdown rules here, so it's unlikely anyone will be able to do anything for Halloween.
So I intend to do some furious last minute NaNo planning whilst stuffing myself full of the chocolate I can't give out to trick-or-treaters.

Your costume inspo looks so cool, Mage! I hope you have a great time :)

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:29 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

I don't celebrate Halloween but what I would do if I did issss:

1. Scary movie night- dressing up of course. Or scary stories.

2. If I had little siblings or anything resembling, set up a spooky candy hunt for them either inside or around the yard or both.

O.O
100% autistic

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:56 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

I'm going to play the Halloween event on Animal Crossing! Hell yeahhhh

I've never really had Halloween because (a) I grew up in a Christian household that disapproved of it and (b) Halloween barely exists in New Zealand, there's sales and a few spooky things in the supermarket but it's not a real holiday or tradition

But it looks FUN and I've always kinda wanted to do it and I'm an ADULT now so I can share spooky times with my digital animal neighbours all I want now!

I'm also thinkin about a Halloween event in my town which'd be fun, I just, feel guilty talking about it cos I feel like I'm bragging about being able to go to events when so many others can't rn
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:26 pm
View Likes
Horisun says...

I'm going to put on my costume, and terrorize my brother, of course!
She/Her

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:40 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

I'm going to become the Tickle Clown, probably. (Guess what the "Tickle Clown" is. Also no, it's not a costume - it's a behavior towards my siblings.)
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

Gandalf: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

Reviews: 1
Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:12 pm
View Likes
STRvArmory says...

I don't have any particular interest nor ties to Halloween.

However, since some of the games I play and stories I follow are, visiting online Halloween events counts. I suppose. The one in Monster Hunter World is beautiful, for instance.

Spoiler! :

I was also hoping to participate in Spiral Knight's Shroud of the Apocrea event, but it happened earlier this year. I hope that the Kataclysm will happen instead, as it involves facing off against a legion of magical phantom cats. Though I don't care about cats specifically — too many animals to like, it's not their fault — I still find the concept to be supremely adorable.
Violence and game lore aside, any excuse to buy candies is a good one, so I suppose I could also do that sometime this month.
Greetings.

Call me Mory.

I'm working on a worldbuilding project called The Wonders of Pujil Archipelago. You can find it here: The Wonders of Pujil Archipelago

The words you speak become the house you live in.
— Hafiz