z

Young Writers Society

Hogwarts Students and The Years We Lived with Harry Potter

Reviews: 2
Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:13 pm
View Likes
ty7lucky says...

Titus Rutherford

I stood at the front of the Great Hall. Nervousness was almost felt as we all stood wide eyed waiting for our turn.

They called my name and I walked to the front numbly. I avoided the gaze of Dumbledore as I took a seat on the wooden stool and felt the hat placed on my head. "Now this is an interesting one you're on of the few american's at hogwarts. Where to put you?" It felt as though my every secret were being pulled up. Even the one I locked away. "This is special, why do you hide your talent? Would they laugh at you?"

I was startled I didn't like this at all, this was my secret, and I didn't even want a hat knowing. "Seems to me like you need a friend so it better be... HUFFLEPUFF!"

I walked to the table half of me filled with joy the other with terror. Could other magic penetrate my mind? I sat the older students clapping all around. I smiled but a part of me wasn't wanting to.

I watched anxiously as others were sorted. Rebecca is sorted into Hufflepuff along with a boy with brown hair whose eyes darted to another place every five seconds trying to absorb the atmosphere of Hogwarts. I started to think, Would Rebecca be my friend if she new?

I mentally scolded myself my "gift" as my mother called it (it was a curse in my opinion) was not evil or bad. And anyways she didn't know. No one did, and I didn't intend to spread the information.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:51 pm
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Rain Quint

Friends? Could we really be friends? I never in a million years thought that someone would want to be friends with me.
She doesn't know. The thought made my astonishment crumble.
If she knew would she care?
Of course she would! I scolded myself.
Reasons being:
1 Werewolves don't exactly have the best reputation.
2 I could get loose and kill everyone.
3 I am incredibly dangerous and not very experienced in controlling my transformation.

I could have listed more but I considered those the most important reasons people should avoid me. I am broken and scarred, Clara can do much better than me.

My thoughts were interrupted by Dumbledore giving his yearly speech before the feast.
"Welcome!"
"Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say to you all, and as one of them is very serious, I think it best to get it out of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast..."
"As you will all be aware after their search of the Hogwarts Express, our school is presently playing host to some of the dementors of Azkaban, who are here on Ministry of Magic business."
"They are stationed at every entrance to the grounds, and while they are with us, I must make it plain that nobody is to leave school without permission. Dementors are not to be fooled by tricks or disguises - or even Invisibility Cloaks. It is not in the nature of a dementor to understand pleading or excuses. I therefore warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. I look to the prefects, and our new Head Boy and Girl, to make sure that no student runs afoul of the dementors"

I groaned. Not a whole year of this!

"On a happier note, I am pleased to welcome two new teachers to our ranks this year. First, Professor Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher."

Dumbledore gestured to the professor who help me on the train. I sighed in relief, at least we will have a decent teacher this year. Last year was a disaster!

"As to our second new appointment, well, I am sorry to tell you that Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher, retired at the end of last year in order to enjoy more time with his remaining limbs. However, I am delighted to say that his place will be filled by none other than Rubeus Hagrid, who has agreed to take on this teaching job in addition to his gamekeeping duties."

"Yes" I whispered, I know Hagrid has been wanting a job like this for a while. He will be great!

"Well, I think that is everything of importance. Let the feast begin!"

Dumbledore didn't disappoint, he raised his hands and the feast appeared before us. Most of the kids hurriedly shoved food into their mouths. First years stared at this food in amazement, I noticed on girl poking the chicken to be sure it was real.
I smiled and spooned some potatoes onto my plate glad to finally have a meal.
"So what do you think of Hagrid as a professor?" I decided to ask Godric.
"He is sure to be the least of our problems this year. That is if he is a problem at all." Godric answered.
"Let's face it he tends to get carried away. I am more concerned about professor Lupin, I've never heard of him." He clarified.
I looked back at Lupin, he said Dumbledore told him about me. I wonder why?
"As long as Lupin teaches werewolves well he will be fine I'm sure. They are the hardest thing to learn I've been told" he added to make up for my silence.
Not for me.
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:08 am
View Likes
Nike says...

Clara Arabella Black
Spoiler! :

After Dumbledore's welcome message, we all chowed down to our feasts. The Trio gobbled up their food as I took my time savoring each delectable item on the table.

We were served an amazing pumpkin tart that I couldn't get enough of. I didn't notice it was gone until I went for one last bite and realized that I had that bite already. I frowned, looking up at the table. Everyone else had finished their pieces as well.

"It's time to congratulate Hagrid," Hermione smiled. "He must be thrilled,"

I nodded, "Oh yeah, I mean he's a teacher now. We don't have to sneak away to see him, we'd see him everyday."

"Yeah... but those books could've been a bit better." Ron sighed, "I'm not too happy with the fact that a book could eat me, bloody thing."

I stifled a laugh. "You make a good point there Ronald,"

We all got up and joined the swarm of students leaving the Great hall. All the kids were laughing, excited to be back. Hermione had managed to squeeze her way through to get to the teachers' table, greeting Hagrid.

"Congratulations, Hagrid!" Hermione squealed.

"All down ter you three." Hagrid had said, wiping his face on his napkin as he looked up at us. "Can believe it... great man, Dumbledore... came straight to me hut after Professor Kettleburn said he'd had enough... it's what I always wanted..."

That's when he really took a look at all of us. I never expect people to take me into consideration when I'm with these three. People see them and expect just them, Ron, Harry and Hermione. But they do have friends and they tag along. I'm never mad about it though. I've been Hermione's friend since childhood, and that's all I needed.

Also, I was pretty short. So I'm not surprised Hagrid didn't notice me at first because I was hidden behind Harry. With all the students still in the Great Hall, I had to squeeze myself by them in order not to get sucked into a crowd and taken away.

"Oh, Clara! I didn' see ya there." Hagrid blushed, "I'm sorrey, I'm jus a big ol' giant."

"It's okay Hagrid." I smiled. "I am pretty small,"

He chuckled at that. Overcome with emotion, he buried his face in his napkin, and Professor McGonagall came up too us with a stern look on her face.

All the students have left already, leaving the Great Hall very dull.

"Go to the Common Room, the four of you. It's time for bed." She huffed.

"The new password's Fortuna Major!" Percy called from behind us.

The fat lady in the portrait had looked over at all of us with an empty wine glass in her hand. I rolled my eyes. Always her with the dramatics.

"Oh no," Neville said sadly from behind me. He was very forgetful, I don't think he will remember the password.

Percy opened up the entrance to the Common Room with the password and all the Gryffindors' swarmed in. As I stepped in, I noticed from the corner of my eye Godric. He was walking up the stairs, very much aware that he wasn't headed to the Ravenclaw Common Room. I looked inside and saw the students disperse into their rooms, along with Percy.

Taking a deep breathe, I walked back onto the stair platform.

"Where are you going?" Harry asked.

I looked up and saw Harry standing at the ajar painting. His eyebrows were crossed together. I wiped my hands on my robes, feeling my anxiety rise.

"I just need to check on someone, I'm worried about them." I said, looking to my left, seeing Godric enter a portrait room just a floor above us.

"Just... make sure you don't get caught. I might have something you can use." Harry said.

I didn't have all the time in the world, I'd lose him. Gotta make this quick. I smiled up at him and followed him into the Common Room. It was warm, maybe from the fireplace or from the warm colors that lined the room. We took the staircase to the boys' room. I just stood outside of it, waiting for Harry to emerge with a cloak. A very beautiful one at that.

"I got this from my father, try not to lose it. I'm trusting you with it Clara," he whispered.

"Okay, I'll do my best." I nodded.

He handed it to me, and I accepted it.

"It's an Invisibility Cloak. Once you put it on, you're gone. Still, be very careful, don't let anyone be suspicious about their surroundings." His green eyes were lined with seriousness.

Swallowing hard, I smiled. "Thank you, and yes, I'll be very wary,"

I had it in my hands as I went up a staircase, standing still just at the center of it as it moved. The hall was pretty dark other than light coming through the windows form the moon. It landed on the landing Godric was on just a few minutes ago. I walked up and got to the portrait. It was asleep, just a bearded man in an elegant purple chair.

"Shit," I huffed, taking a deep breath.

That woke him up. He jumped in his chair, causing me to jump. My heart raced as his eyes met mine.

"What are you doing at this hour young lady!" He huffed loudly.

I looked around me and shushed him.

"A boy walked in here, I need to follow him." I said.

"He was with a girl..." the Portrait had said. "She seemed very sad, a Slytherin. I don't know if you want to join them, my dear."

My heart skipped a beat. Godric is mingling with a Slytherin? But who?

"I do," I huffed.

He nodded, opening up for me. I stepped into the hall and felt a gush of air as the door closed behind me. The hallway was dark, quiet, and eiry. I swallowed hard. Where was a friend when you needed one. I slipped on the Invisibility Cloak and started to walk.

"Medora, you feeling better?" I heard Godric whisper.

"Yeah..." A girl replied.

Medora? What?

I found my way down the hall, passing many doors. Until I found an ajar one. Peeking inside, I saw Godric sitting on one of many chairs and this girl was next to him. I recognized her and my throat went dry. It was her, Draco's girl. What was he doing with her?

"I'm here for you." Godric smiled, putting his arm over Medora's shoulders.

It was time to go. I took one last look and ran back to the Common Room.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:32 am
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Medora

I was dreaming a really nice dream until I felt a tap on my shoulder that wakes me up. Everyone is filing out of the great hall and I see Godric with his perfect silver hair. I peel off the hair sticking to my face and blush slightly.
"So the beautiful and great Slytherin drools?" He says with a devious grin and I turn red again. He moves another piece of hair away from my eyes and his hand stays near my face. He just looks at me for a few seconds and I break the silence.
"I swear, if you like boop my nose or something like that, I will smack you." He grins at me.
"So violent, and I was beginning to wonder when I would see the traits of a slytherin in you."
"Are you an intelligent Ravenclaw stereotypeing Slytherins to being violent and evil." I felt a twinge of pride when his cheeks flushed pink slightly. He grabs my hand and we leave the hall.
With Godric leading me down the corridor with the rest of the crowd until he makes a turn to the left and we walk into an empty room. All of the painting are telling us to go to our rooms, but we ignore them. When we walk into the room he sits down on one of the couches and I sit in the one across from him. He pats the couch he is sitting on inviting me to sit beside him, but I shake my head defiantly. With a sigh he pouts at me and I cannot lie, that look made my stomach flitter a little. I remain seated in the same spot until he stand up and lifts me up with his arms under my knees and my back. He sets me in the spot next to him and he sat back in his original seat. I giggle a little.
He looks at me examining and memorizing every inch of my face and he leans foreword and touches my septum piercing lightly turning it so you can see the snake.
"That's really cool. It's actually really pretty." He whispers and picks up my knees so they are over his lap with me on one side and my feet on the other side of him. I flinch a little when his fingers brush my thigh by accident and he looks at me with concern.
"What wrong?"

Spoiler! :
Last edited by Remington38 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Reader of Banned Books

Answer to life, the universe, and everything: 42

Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
Cesar Cruiz

Pluviophile- a lover of rain; someone who finds joy/peace of mind on rainy days.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:23 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Robert Griffiths

It was good to be back. Robert had spent almost the entire holiday theorising about magic, and doing whatever work he could that didn't break the Underage Wizardry laws. His mother had been supportive, though he didn't make a point of talking about magic often around her, not wanting to remind her of too much.

Though promising, this third year did begin with a disturbing surprise.
Dementors. At the school.
He was very lucky none got close to him in the train, as Lupin had got there just in time.
But he did see what they did to his classmates, and Robert was not eager to experience those effects personally.
Robert's lip curled at the thought. Nobody would ever see him that way.

The welcome was interesting. It was always a curious, surreal experience, watching the Sorting. It was deja vu, but viewing the familiar event from the other side.
He was glad he didn't get chosen to be a prefect this year.
He wouldn't have minded looking after first years, but the responsibilities would have cut into his study time.

Robert knew that it was hardly the time for this, but he wanted to visit Pip in the Owlery. As soon as the Slytherin prefects looked the other way, he slipped out of the Common Room and made his way there.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:42 pm
View Likes
ty7lucky says...

Gavin Olden

I had slept almost the entire train ride. The night before I used the floo network and had gone to Zacharias Smith's home for a Back to School party. All of the guests had stayed up all night visiting and doing activities. This left my energy meter on empty the next day. I woke up three times during the ride (not counting the end), first to go to the bathroom, second to get food from the trolley, and third by dementors.

I hadn't been affected as badly as others on the train but I did feel like I couldn't be happy. I was totally out the rest of the ride, you could have yelled in my ear and I would have kept snoozing.

Now I sat in a circle with other third years, we were all so glad to be back. The feast had been amazing (as always) and now I couldn't get to sleep not that I needed it. We ate stuff from our stocks of candy for the year and we knew they wouldn't last long but this year we could go to Hogsmeade. We all couldn't wait for our first trip to the magical village. We talked about the fight on the train and the rumours of Harry Potter blacking out in the presence of a dementor.

Apparently we were making too much racket and needed to get to sleep, because our Prefect Gabe Truman got after us. I stood up as did everyone else in the group and we made our ways to bed. I changed and got under the covers of the extremely cushioned bed a few snickers were let out before there was silence other than the occasional snore.

I lay thinking of how glad I was to be back, pure joy filled me. It seemed I would never get to sleep and I didn't for a long time but the soft bed and warm quilt got to me and soon I was out again. I was so glad to be back.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

267 Reviews

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:57 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Godric Lovegood

Medora's septum piercing was something that I've never really seen in real life. I've only seen them in London on Muggles, not here. We could barely have regular modern things here, not like we needed them anyway... I didn't know how to use anything in the Muggle world to be honest.

We had left the room and retreated to our Common Rooms. I for one was exhausted, I hope she was too.

First class for me was Divination with Professor Trelawney. We were sharing the class with the Gryffindors. I had sat down at one of the tables which had cushions on the floor, the one closest to the windows so I could zone out during class.

Everyone had came in, occupying each spot around me. The room was pretty dark, the only light that shown were from the candles and the small slits the curtains allowed. People were murmuring to each other, waiting for the Professor. I flipped open my Divination book, just skimming through the chapters.

"Welcome," a soft voice said. I looked up from the book, scanning the room, no teacher. "How nice to see you in the physical world at last."

And then I saw her walking from behind a curtain. She was a very thin women who had seen a lot of terrible things, you can see it in her face, the face that's seen it all. My heart started to race as she looked over at us all.

"Sit, my children sit," she said and the remaining students had found spots and sat down.

She had made us all pick teacups and drink tea. It was to open our Inner Eye and see what the future had in store for us. For Mister Potter, it was not pretty. Everyone was in shock after Professor Trelawny had grabbed his cup, reading it for him.

I looked up and caught sight of Rain. She was sitting with Clara and the both of them were whispering to each other, staring at the Professor. I swallowed hard. I needed friends. Sitting here and not speaking to these students isn't the best. They seemed to be very close.

"The giant, spectral dog that haunts churchyards! My dear boy, it is an omen - the worst omen - of death!"

The students gasped as my eyes got wide. Harry would get an omen, it's written in his life. He was born attacked by the largest dark wizard, I am not surprised.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:33 pm
View Likes
ty7lucky says...

Gavin Olden

The news of Harry Potter's predicted death came to me in the halls passing from potions to Divination. It seemed as though Snape hated those in Hufflepuff the most because their cheerful personalities clashed with his his dreary,black, and depressing one.

I sat waiting for Divination to start. A big(obviously rehearsed) entrance was unfolded, "Welcome, how nice to see you in the physical world at last."

"Take a seat." Professor Trelawney had bug eyes with her glasses. I could tell by the way she acted she hadn't ever seen any of us with foresight. She put on a big act and gave a couple of fortunes both including devastation. I realized I had dozed off and was brought back to the classroom with Trelawney standing face to face with me, her huge eyes staring into mine. "I sense the inner eye.." Maybe she wasn't all act, "Now pour yourself some tea."

I looked around to see everyone else had poured their tea and they were staring at me, some people giggled. "I-I don't drink tea, it's against my religion but I have researched and found Hot chocolate works just as well." I pulled out some Hot Cocoa packets( I had feared that we would be using tea).

She backed up and looked expectantly. I quickly made the hot chocolate. She turned to the class and instructed us on what to do. I did the steps with my partner and he grabbed my cup while opening the Unfogging the future to reading tea leaves. Justin began, "That looks like a flower," he said pointing at a shape I looked.
"I think that's a sun."
"Ohh, yeah" he agreed, he was my best friend and one of the few that knew about my 'Inner Eye' as Trelawney called it. He looked back at his book and read "That is a sign of happiness. Then there's several lines.." He glanced at the book, "This is a sign of change."

We went on for a few for minutes. I grabbed his cup and began looking at the signs every minute or so I'd say something like "A horse this means.." or "A cloak this shows that.."

When we got out almost everyone was making jokes about Trelawney's eyes or something else, I couldn't believe I was back at Hogwarts my home away from home.
-Douglas Adams

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:11 am
SirenCymbaline says...

Robert
Divination Class

Despite the overpowering smells and sounds of Professor Trelawney's classroom, not to mention the dim lighting, Robert was determined to focus and get something out of this lesson.

He looked at his study partner for the class, who was a platinum blond boy, taller than him. All the boys his age were, but this one was moreso than usual.
Robert was making their tea while the blonde boy was reading his divination book.
This was no sacrifice for him, as he had already read some chapters that morning, and on the way to class.

'My name is Robert Griffiths. What's yours?' he asked as he poured the tea.

'Godric Lovegood.' He looked up from his book to smile.

'Godric?' asked Robert, smiling back. 'Like the Hogwarts founder? And yet you're not in Gryffindor. How rebellious of you.'

'Oh no. I come from a long line of Ravenclaws. Maybe my parents thought it was a clever joke. Or they just liked the name.'

'It is not wasted on you.' Robert passed Godric his teacup, and started drinking from his own.

That was when Professor Trelawney found the Grim in Harry Potter's cup, and predicted his death. The class gasped collectively. Godric had a look of complacency, as though he suspected this. Robert chuckled gently.

Godric looked at him, one eyebrow raised in curiousity.
'What's funny about someone getting an omen of death?'
Robert smiled. 'That's not just anyone, that's Potter. If he survived an attack from He Who Must Not Be Named as a baby, I'm certain he can survive bad omens in his tea.'
Godric shook his head. 'For a wizard, you are quite the skeptic.'
'Let's just say I believe in fate, to some degree, but I also believe that fate can be tricked and manipulated. Your cup, if you would.'

Godric handed over his teacup, and Robert surveyed the contents.

'I believe this is a heart, so you may have some romance in the present or future, and an anchor. That would be a symbol of good luck, but it's a little crooked so it could mean the opposite. Interesting combination.'

Robert passed his cup over to Godric for him to read. His eyebrow was raised again.
Perhaps it was a reaction to the fortune he was told.
Or perhaps he thought it was funny that Robert had chosen a pink teacup with yellow polka dots.

Spoiler! :
@Nike hope you don't mind I included Godric in this, I hope you think I wrote him okay. Anyway, now's your chance to write whatever fortune you want for Robert in your next post. Have fun! ;)
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

99 Reviews

Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:23 pm
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Medora

Hagrid I have found is not an extremely observant teacher, I feel bad for abusing this because he is actually really kind to me. He also has the bad habit to forget I exist which allows me to sneak off with Godric. While Hagrid has his back turned I grab Godric's hand and pull him off to one of the tallest trees only a few yards off from where the class is.
"What are we doing?" He asks.
"About to climb a tree." I say as if it were obvious and he looks at me as I were about to say more. When I don't he gestures for me to go foreword.
"Ladies first."
"Yeah no. I do t trust you to not stare at my ass the entire way up. You first." I smile thinking how I wouldn't entirely mind that scenario playing out, but I still had a little bit of dignity to not purposely put my self in it. He doesn't even respond and only mischievously grins at me, not arguing with my assumption. One we reach halfway up the tree I tell him to stop and sit on the thick branch beside him. I sit beside him and the air smells freshly of pine. The class is below us, but we are out of eyesight. I turn around and can't help but giggle. Godric has pine needles covering his silvery hair and I start to pull them out. Shrieks grab our attention when we see a few people trying to open their textbooks and Hagrid explains that you were supposed to stroke them.
"I knew it!" I shout a little to loudly and Godric gives me a funny look. "That you had to stroke its spine. I figured that's what you had to do when I pet the book he calmed down. He looks scary on the outside and does bite, but once to figure out the key to taming them they are really just like any of the other creatures." I explain and Godric's face lights up.
"I have a feeling that goes for Medora's too. Does that mean if I touch you, you will be tamed." He wiggles his eyebrows again and I feel my face flush.

Down below I heard Draco arguing with Hagrid and Harry and I want to go down and slap him the moment I see Hagrids face droop with uncertainty. Godric pokes me in the side and I see what he is Gaping at. A beautiful creatures emerges from the woods and I am breathless. I lower my head into Godrics shoulder and we watch the class go by. I decide to bring up the conversation we had when we were on the train.
"So you were a rebellious child huh? You brought up reading muggle books and you made a reference to Romeo and Juliet."
"Ah yes. Well some of those muggles were geniuses. I mean it does one to know one, but I won't bore you with what you already know." He pretends to flip back his hair dramatically.
"I love those books, and I agree with you on the muggles being geniuses part. I with neither confirm nor deny my opinion on where you stand on the genious scale though." I giggle a little at the hurt expression on his face and continue. "Harper Lee, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and Arthur Miller. All of those and more." I look at him and something is nagging at me and has been for a while. It's weird though, because it gets worse when he is around.
"Godric... do you think it's possible for a person to be put in the wrong house, or to grow out of the one they are in?"

Cesar Cruiz

Pluviophile- a lover of rain; someone who finds joy/peace of mind on rainy days.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:10 am
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Rain

It turns out that divination class is a great class to talk in. Having it with Clara greatly improved my mood and energy level. The full moon would be tomorrow and I found it hard to stay calm. Already my senses had heightened allowing me to smell the perfume of other students sitting across the room. This was giving me a headache along with the fact that most everyone was talking too loud. However for a moment I was able to forget these nuisances and dive deep into a conversation with Clara.
"So how was your first night back?" I asked between sips of the tea we were instructed to drink.
"Good, I am so glad to be back" Clara answered draining her cup. I nodded and set my nearly full cup down on the table. I was far too nauseous for drinking this right now.
"So am I" I lied carefully. "I have missed this place" that part was truthful at least.
Suddenly Clara looked at me funny. "Are you alright?" She asked, "you look a bit pale."
Panic seized my brain and it took me a little too long to respond. "Everything is fine. I'm just feeling a little sick."
"Do you need to see Madame Pompfrey?" Clara inquired,
"No I'm fine." I answered quickly.
That is when Harry Potter's death was predicted.
I felt my stomach flip when another student read the description of the grim.
"Taking the form of a giant spectral dog, it's among the darkest omens in our world. It's an omen... of death."

Why did it have to be a dog? Why did I even come to school this year? I could hurt someone!
I wished now more than ever that Clara knew about my condition but oddly enough I never wanted her to find out.

Clara snorted dragging me from my dark thoughts.
"This lady is ridiculous!" She whispered, flashing me her gigantic grin.
"Bonkers" I whispered back chocking down my laughter at Clara's response.
Order soon returned to the class room and I decided to make my move.
"Would you be scared of the grim?" I asked Clara casually.
"Of course not the grim isn't real Rain!" She said laughing.
I joined her and then asked my follow up question.
"Are you scared of wolves though?" I said jokingly,
"No wolves don't worry me. After all they are just like us just a different species."
I smiled and released the tea cup I had been clutching too hard. At that moment Professor Trelawny decided to make an appearance at our table. "Hello my dears" she said in a sing song voice.
"I see you haven't made much progress on your tea Rain. Feeling alright?"
"No ma'am" I answered softly.
"That's okay honey why don't you just write me a page on reading tea leaves instead" she suggested before stalking over to the next table.
"How'd you get her to do that?" Clara asked,
"I wish I knew" I whispered.

-------

I could hardly pay attention in my classes due to my massive headache. Snape pulled me aside in potions to let me know to come to his class just after dinner. The only thing that made me perk up was Lupin's Defense Against the Dark arts class. Lupin found a way to keep things interesting, he even gave me chocolate.
Everything was going well.
Too well.

------

Clara mouthed that she wanted to talk across the great hall at dinner. I hardly touched my food and waited for her to be finished. Fear flooded me as I led her around a corner.
"Are you okay?" Clara demanded. "I know you aren't now don't lie to me!"
"Clara please let me explain..." I couldn't bring myself to say those words, not to her.
Tears streamed down my face as I tried to find the words.
"Clara... I-I...... I'm a werewolf." I chocked out.
I buried my face in my hands. I couldn't bare to see her look at me like everyone would if they knew. I couldn't stand to lose a friend.
Clara gently wrapped her arms around me and held me tight. "It's okay" she whispered in my ear. She released me and I smiled. "You mean you don't mind?" I asked shocked
"Of course not!" She protested "you are my friend Rain!"
"One more thing. The full moon is tonight" I added quietly.
"I have to get a potion."
"I'll come with you" Clara insisted. I smiled again glad for the company. When we got to the door I removed my jacket that I hadn't taken off all day. I had forgotten that all I had underneath was a short sleeved shirt. I knocked on Snape's door before Clara could react to the scars that flowed across my arms. "Bye" I called as I stepped inside to await the torture of my transformation.
The only person in the room was Lupin who was holding two cups filled with dark liquid.
I began to cry softly again as I realized someone else in this bloody castle understood me. "Cheers" he said handing me a cup.
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

267 Reviews

Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:34 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Godric Lovegood

First Class, two hours ago

Care for Magical Creatures with Professor Rubeus Hagrid, that was a trip. He seemed like a cool guy and he really cared for these animals, just by the way he spoke of them.

The weather was perfect for an outdoor class, and Medora had other plans. She dragged me to a tree, she was comfortable with Hagrid and he would never rat her out. We watched from above, her head on my shoulder.

A Hippogriff waltzed in among the trees, stopping just next to Hagrid.

"Godric... do you think it's possible for a person to be put in the wrong house, or to grow out of the one they are in?" Medora asked out of nowhere.

She lifted her head off of my shoulder as I turned to face her. There was general question lining her face as she softly bit her lip. That made my heart race without surprise.

"Medora, the Sorting Hat makes no mistakes. He knows exactly where you belong, even if you don't think you do. Eventually you will understand where and why he placed you." I paused, taking a look down at the class. Harry was now approaching Buckbeak and everyone stared at him in awe.

"Slytherin is a great house, do not listen to what people say. Great wizards have come out of there, strong, amazing. I believe that you will be one of those wizards. You will beat the stigma." I added on with a smile.

"'I believe this is a heart, so you may have some romance in the present or future, and an anchor. That would be a symbol of good luck, but it's a little crooked so it could mean the opposite. Interesting combination." Robert had told me.

"The opposite, eh? I was hoping for a grand school year!" My sarcasm showed.

Divination had gone on with no trouble, just the slight fright of death brought to you by Potter's teacup. Hermione's reaction to this was priceless, if looks could kill, Professor Trelawny would be long gone. Robert was the only person speaking to me, it may be because we were at the same table... or that I had a fantastic name. We'll never know.

Robert had handed me his cup, pink with yellow polka dots, how peculiar. I looked into the cup, trying to decipher the form of the tea leaves. There was a small sun? An Acorn? Hold on.

The stench of tea and heavy perfume were lining the room, causing my head to ache slightly. Oh Divination.

"Well," I started, flipping through the class book that we had, trying to find the shapes in the book that matched the tea leaves. Once I spotted it, I cleared my throat. "So, the first thing that I saw is the sun... that means you will get great happiness, not bad."

I flipped the pages and found the acorn.

"An acorn, windfall or unexpected gold... Robert, mate, you're gonna have a good year." I set the cup down on the table.

"At least one of us will." He smirked.

I noticed Rain go pale at her table. Professor Trelawny smiled at her, as if they made some sort of agreement. Clara was worried, her eyebrows scrunched together. I faced Robert again and sighed.

"So, next class we read coffee grounds?" I laughed.

All of a sudden Professor Trelawny started freaking out about Harry's omen. I guess they never stopped speaking about it. The whole class was wide eyed and jaw dropped. Hermione would not stop rolling her eyes. Trelawny rushed us out.

I was rushing down the stairs, my books in one hand and my backpack in the other. Robert was just next to me, rushing down along side me. Just as we were trailing behind Ron and Harry, I noticed Hermione pop up out of nowhere, her face exhausted. Chills ran down my spine, did she learn to apparate already?!

I stopped in my tracks, tapping Robert's shoulder so he'd stop as well.

"Did you see that? Hermione just popped out of nowhere." I looked over at him.

He rose an eyebrow, "Godric, you'd be silly to assume she can apparate. She's only a third year just like us."

I cleared my throat, "Yeah, um, I must have just not noticed her."

267 Reviews

Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:53 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Clara Black

Rain had walked into the potions closet, Snap is helping her take care of the transformation. My friend is a werewolf. I couldn't believe it. Werewolves were amazing creatures, but, it was a terrifying condition. When you turned into one, you didn't remember that you were human. You could kill even the one that you loved.

"How are you doing with all those classes, 'Mione?" I asked Hermione.

She had her face in a Muggle Studies book, her eyebrows scrunched together. The Gryffindor common room was full with other students either studying or chatting among each other. The fire was crackling in front of us, giving us warmth.

"Alright," She mumbled under her breath.

I sighed and scooted over to her. "So McGonagall was okay with the whole Time Turner thing? Is it really easy to get around?" I whispered.

She looked over her book and smiled. "Clara, it helps me get to all my classes. It's amazing I get to learn so much. And the best is that no one suspects how I'm getting everywhere."

"That's brilliant." I paused. "As long as you're getting everything you want. But, be careful, yeah?"

"I will be, don't worry." She went back to her studies.

I got off the sofa and found my way out of the room, passing Ron and Harry along the way. I stepped out of the Portrait Hole, walking down the stairs. I needed to find Rain. I needed to know what Snape did to her and Lupin. They both walked out of the closet pale faced.

"Hey, Clara!" Harry called from behind me.

I stopped on one of the staircases as it started to shift. I clung onto the railings. Harry was on the same stairs as I was.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I have a question for you, don't take any offense." he said.

Raising an eyebrow, I waited for him to ask.

"Sirius Black... any relation to him?"

Sighing, I felt my heart race. Not again with this. I was cursed with such a terrible last name. I swallowed hard and turned away, noticing the stairs met a landing. I started my way down, ignoring Harry.

"Look, Clara, I'm sorry." He had followed close behind me. I turned on my heel once I reached the landing and he was right there, not even three inches away from me. My skin was so hyper aware, I could feel his warmth.

"Oh sorry." He took a step back, giving us space.

It felt like the paintings were staring at us, taking all the information they can get.

"I'm not related to Sirius Black, we just have the same last name, it's very common, Potter." Now I sounded like Draco, I tried to tone down my anger by looking away and smiling softly. "Sorry, I didn't mean to sound shitty."

"It's okay, I can get why you're angry, everyone is asking you, right? I just... I know that he is after me and..."

I cut him off, placing my hands on my hips. "You think I'd know why? Unbelievable Harry."

"I'd hoped you could've stopped him is all. Look, I'm really sorry for all of this. You're a great friend of Hermione's, and I apologize for my accusations."

Taking a deep breath, I looked around me. There were a few students making their way to their Common Rooms.

"It's alright," I paused. "Now, if that was all you needed, I'm gonna head up to the Ravenclaw Tower to visit a friend."

"Mind if I come along?"

Raising an eyebrow, I looked him over. He seemed honest with his question by the was his green eyes sparkled. Even the mess of hair he had on his head sparked my interest. I smiled.

"No, I don't mind."

Time to visit Rain. We made our way up the stairs, surpassing a few teachers. Once we reached the tower, I was out of breath. Now here was the tricky part, the portrait. Someone would have to let us in. Harry was next to me, catching his breath.

"So, is she gonna come to let us in?" He asked.

"Uhh, I am really dumb. Of course she'd have to be here." I sighed.

"Well, I don't know what to do either. Maybe we can wait until someone comes. I'm sure there are students coming to the Common Room late."

"That you are right." We heard a guy say from behind us.

I turned around, as did Harry. It was Godric with his silver hair and Ravenclaw robes. He had a smirk lining his face.

"You need to see Rain?" he asked.

"Yeah, could you let us in?" I said.

"Yeah, no problem." He nodded. "And good to see you alive Harry, that omen wasn't good to hear about."

Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:50 pm
View Likes
ty7lucky says...

Gavin Olden

Something is obviously different this year. My normal group of friends somehow had changed, or maybe it was me. They all acted so different from how I had remembered them. Not the my best friends of course, I think I would have noticed a change because I had seen them all summer.

Other people that usually got along really well with me seemed to be avoiding me, I wasn't sure why. At lunch I just had a strange urge to sit somewhere else, this wasn't like a I feel like doing something else today, something that strangely felt like foresight told me to sit over by a different group. I felt like this decision would be big and I had no clue why.

I walked to a group of people from a few houses there were a couple Ravenclaw students, a gryffindor and a slytherin. "Hi, can I sit here?"

I was confused, why was I leaving my friends, I had seen these people but we had never really interacted. I wasn't even sure if they would let me sit here. I tried to avoid eye contact as the group turned to face me. I could tell they didn't expect anyone to ask to sit with them. A headache came to my head like my fate had turned, this was the most foresight I had ever experienced and yet I didn't know any more about the future.
-Douglas Adams

99 Reviews

Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:36 pm
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Medora

I am lying in my four-poster bed and I can't sleep. I feel like I am fighting and I need to get up and do something. So I silently creep out and walk into the empty common room. It's dark and quiet, but not the kind of quiet where no one is talking. It's the still kind of quiet, where it's like the whole world just stopped. I sit on one of the couches and I starve the away the fabric with my fingertips in the dark.

What Godric said earlier has been nagging at me all day. Of course he's probably right, but what if he's not. What if I wasn't supposed to be a Slytherin? My eyes well up, but I refuse to let them spill over. Instead I focus my attention on the window and the shimmering full moon that makes the common room not so dark.

If you think about every dark wizard has come from this place. Has sat down on the very couch that I am sitting on and yet people say I belong here. In Defense Against The Dark Arts today Professor Lupin brought in a Bogart. The moment I heard the name I felt something inside me, like I understood the creature. It changes itself when it is around other people and I realized that I do the same. Around Draco, around teacher, around myself, and even worse around Godric. I waited till after Harry left talking to Lupin and I wandered back into the classroom. Lupin was wondering why I was there and I told him I wanted to see the Bogart and see what he turned into. He doesn't ask me why, he just opens it. Out of the cabinet walked Godric with his silver hair and he walked to toward me and put his and against my face softly like he does. Then it changed again into me. It's face twisted and changed until an exact replica of me was staring back. My breathing grew rapid and for some reason I was terrified. I didn't understand why. I shake the memory for my head and lay my face against the soft fabic of the couch. The satin ticking my cheek.
Why was I afraid of Godric?
Why was I terrified of myself?

I wonder what it would it would be like to be a Ravenclaw? To be proud of the house that you were put it? I ask all of these questions, but no one seems to have the answers. Part of me knew Godric would answer mine the way he did, but another part of me wanted to hear him say that we were alike and that I wasn't a "witch destined to do great thing", that I was just... me.

Cesar Cruiz

If you have a Kuzco in your life and they don't turn into a llama, bail.
— Alan SeaWright