Young Writers Society

PMD: Seventeen Plates DT 3

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:24 am
Charizard821 says...

When I say I'm gonna give a response to you guys,

I give a response to you guys.

Eventually. And that's a Charizard821 guarantee!

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:02 pm
Robusto says...

EVERYONE
Tempest Part 1 is up. It will be followed by part 2, and then...
THE FINAL GUARDIAN POST
Learn how Deoxys survived to continue his plan of world order, and how his first attempt was thwarted.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:27 pm
Charizard821 says...

Wow, @Robusto. That was amazing. I.. really can't say much more about it. Masterfully written post, my friend. But now I am presented with a problem. I came online to type up my Riley post but I feel like it would be shadowed by the sheer awesomeness of this two-part post and final Guardian post. So my question is, should I post it now, or type it up and wait for you to post your other two posts?

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:37 pm
Robusto says...

No post is unimportant in this narrative Char. I would encourage you to post as soon as you feel like it.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:36 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@Robusto, that was an absolutely epic post! I have a great many things I want to address, so I shall redact all the plot-sensitive matters. These matters I shall then discuss in a PM instead. (As you can see, the information is enspoilered in the event the other participants have not yet read the post.)

Spoiler! :
1. It’s been so long since the first Tempest post, I can’t even remember how old he is. So… how old is he? Never mind, I just saw the “Thirteen years old” part.

2. Besides the fact that no-one really uses swords (the Honedge line are swords, and Sceptile’s and Gallade’s swords are part of them), what species would Sword Master Weccos be? How do you even pronounce his name? (I pay attention to the history of this particular SB, so don’t think I shall forget about it if you don’t answer.)

3. While I do have a particular dislike for the Bidoof line, you seem to have an even lower esteem for it, considering that Bloodmoon also ate one. Should we expect Zulu to decimate a Bidoof during a future rampage?

4. Ah, the Runic Paws Tort had mentioned. At least Tempest can read it. I assume it’s akin to a commoner’s literacy, which means most published works would be written in Unown instead. Therefore, Gabriel would have absolutely no idea what that text would have said.

5. Tempest is starting to seem more and more like a typical teenager – he’s getting older, so he wants to keep himself busy with more important things. Unfortunately, he still has to play with the younger children, who often get on his nerves. Truth be told, this sounds like me a few years ago… (Now, however, I am at the young adult phase, so my brother has to entertain the little ones, much to his frustration and my amusement.)

6. The first vision in the post! Sadly, I can’t even begin to guess who it was, since it could be either in the past or the future, and there are numerous love affairs in both. Honestly, ““… please… don’t leave me. I love you…” ” doesn’t mean much anyway. So yeah, that’s just random.

7. From this point forward, I shall place the quote first, and then the concerned comment will follow.
“Genesect! Twinkiel! Fleedjio! Rip his limbs from his body! Gut him like the bastard he is! For the love of Arceus and all that is good in this world… kill him!”

So, this voice is filled with “sorrow, rage, and anguish”… Seriously, Tempest? Why couldn’t you identify the speaker as male or female! It’s not that hard, you know. Ugh. And as far as I know, Ren is to free Bloodmoon, not Twinkiel. (Then again, he might go along to help, and besides, who says Genesect can’t split off after he’s been freed from Deoxys’ influence?) Anyway, the speaker clearly lost someone close to them, but they’d also have to be willing to work with someone generally perceived as crazy. Hmm… You are allowed to redacted as you please, so I’m guessing it’s redacted. (What? It would work if redacted is the redacted in the redacted.)

"Sorry Mumbles, but it looks like YOU... HAVE... LOST! Better luck next week, pal!"

8. This is so obviously Twinkiel speaking, since he is the only one who punctuates. For. Emphasis. I assume this moment was also a matter you two have discussed already, so I shan’t even bother speculating about it.

“Take me with you. We’ll get Dusknoir too, and we’ll all go off together. Just like old times.”

This is either Celebi or Grovyle. Considering Celebi is the one who travels more (pun not intended), it’s probably her being addressed.

“Still, Neona is dangerous. If she were to somehow sway Aegeas to the New Order cause, or worse yet convince one of the others to turn…”

9. You have no idea how elated I felt when I saw one of my characters mentioned in Tempest’s visions! I don’t know exactly why the speaker is worried about her converting someone, though, especially Aegeas. (Somehow, I get the feeling this is news to you too, @TheSilverFox.) This is probably redacted speaking.

“Zizel! Why are you here!?”

“I smelled treachery on you the minute you returned. But stealing the plates… I never would have thought a sniveling, naïve Pokémon like yourself would have had the guts to do something like this.”

“Don’t try to stop me!”

“Tell me, do you have some sort of plan?”

“I’m going to take the plates for myself! I’m going to end this war! Then me, Arthur, and Felicity can go back to eating Snow Cones together!”

“You certainly seem to have your priorities straightened out. Even so… I can’t let you do that. The plates are meant to wage war, not stop it.”

“I want to end all this killing, and the plates are the only way! I want my friends back! I want my life back!”

“Don’t be such a fool. You really think you can stand up to Gods? The New Order will destroy you.”

“SHUT UP!”

10. I initially thought Alek was speaking to Zapdos, but then I noticed the name. I’ll have to search through the first few Alek posts, but I doubt he’s been introduced yet.

“No… it can’t be!”

“Look, can you not be melodramatic for five seconds and just tell us who this person isn’t supposed to be? You’ve got almost three hour’s worth of dramatic pauses built up.”

“That creature. That Blackened Banshee. She’s…”

11. And of course, the speaker just has to cut off directly before saying her name. Nevertheless, I think there are enough hints for me to conclude the speaker is redacted and The Blackened Banshee is redacted.

“Who’s idea was it… that humans stood a chance against God’s? There’s only one who could orchestrate such a scheme so subtly. He’s been there all along, watching from the earth itself. His name… is Ze…”

12. …redacted. But how on earth is he on earth? I thought redacted was on redacted

“So, you don’t know who he is. And yet, I heard you mumble that name plus a few others in your sleep. And some of those names… I know.”

13. I was going to say, “What rubbish! There were barely any names mentioned in the visions!” but then I scrolled through them again and saw Neona’s and Aegeas’ names. Since they are from the prequel, it’s very possible that he does know them. Granted, Fleedjio is probably unknown to him. (Yes, I’m continuing with the quotes despite the visions being over.)

“Dimensional Scream.” Dusknoir said plainly.

Tempest blinked, looking at his uncle oddly.
“Sorry?”

“That ability. It’s known as the Dimensional Scream.” Dusknoir explained.
“It’s an extremely rare ability. In all my time alive, I’ve only ever known one who could use it, and even then it was with some difficulty. They had to focus their mind and then touch something to activate it.”

14. @Charizard821, Riley should definitely develop this. Well, if he is still capable of doing so, considering our parting discussion. As for the one person Dusknoir knew to have it… I don’t follow any of the Pokémon games, and I refuse to spoil them for myself, so I am clueless.

“And what’s more, it’s an ability that is only gifted to humans turned Pokemon. Any human that comes to our world can awaken that ability within themselves, given enough time. But I’ve never known a pure Pokemon to know it. Unless you’re mother somehow managed to pass that ability into you…”

15. Wait, what?! If redacted, then that must mean redacted!

“Dimensional Scream. And not to fear, I believe I should be able to make something to help with that. But first, the Pidgeys and Combees. You’re thirteen now, so I feel you’re more than capable of handling what I’m about to say. So to start, you must understand that Dittos do not apply to any of this. In fact, I would wholeheartedly recommend staying away from…”

16. *is still snickering*

“Your sword is made of time stone, a rare mineral that exists… well, outside of our time spectrum. Luckily, I still keep a few chunks of it stored away from my time in Vallus. As the Dimensional Scream is a time based ability, wearing a charm made of time stone should either suppress the ability or… enhance it.”

17. Firstly, does he mean the sword that's actually part of Tempest, i.e. his Leaf Blade? And secondly, the Vallus reference means he will so be in the prequel.

“I’ll get to work on creating such a charm right away. With luck, you won’t have to worry about those visions so long as you wear it.”

18. If Gabriel and Tempest ever meet and the former discovers the latter's ability, expect that charm to disappear. (He would totally have Tempest suffer the side-effects if it means gaining insight into either the past or the future.)

Arcus, Mewlus, Dialgus, Palkis, Groudus, Kyogus, and…

Tempest cocked his head at the last day, representing the day of the week. The one he knew of, Kraius, was there. But it was underneath a scratched out word. Tempest squinted his eyes, trying to make out what it said. He made out the Unown letter G at the very beginning, but the rest was illegible. Had Kraius been known as another day at one point? Tempest shrugged, flipping to the next section.

19. It's interesting to see how your days of the week differ from mine. The similarities are less, considering we both have all the true "gods", but only Arceus' day is the same at both of us.

Tempest gave the human sketch a closer inspection. They really were built weird. What was the point of the long flowing hair on the head? It looked like something someone could grab in a fight. And speaking of fights, the human didn’t even have any claws. And the large chest this one had seemed like it would cause unbalance, as there was no apparent counterweight on its back.

20. Foolish boy. Neither Machoke nor Jynx have tails, yet they walk perfectly fine. Had he actually been knowledgeable on the subject, and not just pretending to be, he'd have known to look at the feet. Pokémon like Lucario only need tails because they are digitigrades - essentially, that means they walk on their toes, while their heels are permanently raised off the ground. Humans, on the other hand, are plantigrades, which means the heel is on the ground. While this design reduces speed, it actually increases stability, which is why we don't require tails for balance. Take that, smarty pants!

21. The journal entries I feel are not for me to comment on, since I didn't play Explorers of Space, Time and Sky. However, I can say that they were poignant, and as I was reading them again, I found I had forgotten to comment. I suppose it's just as well, though I am sad I shan't ever get to experience Dusknoir's betrayal as intensely as everyone else.

Robusto and Charizard, post whenever you desire. I'm just happy that I can get more reading material from two astounding writers. (If you could post as soon as possible, though, that would be awesome.)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:15 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AstralHunter actually Astral, the Twinkiel bit is from a previous post I wrote that Robisto probably copied/pasted. It was right after Twinkiel beat Mumbles in an air battle to save Gotias and Belzya - specifically in my "Hive Ho, Moskito!" post. Page 10, if my memory's still decent.
EDIT: ...Huh. Page 12, actually. Bummer.

Also, I'm not exactly sure Riley could learn the Dimensional Scream. First because he's not from the future timeline of the current world we're on - and according to Mystery Dungeon 2 (which you should play, I'll never stop saying that 'til you do) the main character, who COMES from the future, is the only one who can use it - and second because if Riley can use it... Uhhh... So can pretty much every single of our Humons (it has nothing to do with Aura, so any species can use it).
Maybe I'm speaking without knowing a discussion you two had, and maybe you already know all of this, but I just wanna make sure you keep that in mind. Dimensional Scream's messy to handle.

(though Riley being able to use an amplified version of his psychic Foresight thingy would be AMAZING)

And yes, ALSO read that post. I'll be commentin' it sometime this week. @Charizard821 patiently waiting for what you've got to say as well.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:46 am
Ventomology says...

Char your Avvie is incredible. A++
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:41 am
StupidSoup says...

Is it a feather of wheat .o.
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

293 Reviews

Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:55 am
BrumalHunter says...

It's actually a pun on a nickname I gave Char, @15253. It's a broom in front of a sky.

@Tortwag, that explains it. You'll have to forgive me for that, since I don't remember everything I read. Thanks for poiting it out, though.

Also, that information about the Dimensional Scream is useful and and explains a lot, but I have to point out Dusknoir's exact words:
“And what’s more, it’s an ability that is only gifted to humans turned Pokemon. Any human that comes to our world can awaken that ability within themselves, given enough time. But I’ve never known a pure Pokemon to know it. Unless you’re mother somehow managed to pass that ability into you…”

Remember how Robusto said any Pokémon can breed with another Pokémon in this SB? (Expect infertile hybrids if a pairing that shouldn't be possible according to lore actually occurs.) That already means we aren't following the rules per se. Add to that Dusknoir's statement, and it means anyone, from Bloodmoon to Twinkiel should be able to learn it, if they so wish. Also consider that Tempest, a pure Pokémon (supposedly), knows the Dimensional Scream, and he clearly isn't from the future.

I acknowledge what you're saying, but I'm also saying that until Robusto dismisses it as a possibility, we shouldn't be too certain about its unavailability. In fact, he might even want one of us to have our character develop it. With him, you can never know (until he clarifies, of course).
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:38 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AstralHunter You're welcome! I mostly remember that 'cause it was fuj to write.
Tempest is a pure Pokemon, yes. But his mother is a time-travelling legendary, so we can safely assume that he's a special case.
With that said... Dude. I only wanted to make sure that you were awrmare of all the things I've mentioned above - especially if you didn't know how the Dimensional Scream worked. But don't you worry: These are rules that don't necessarily apply here, because we're not in the PMD games - I'm not forgetting that. I said that Robusto always had the final word too, remember?

The only thing that I didn't consider at all was all of our Humons being able to learn the ability. It's like telling me that everyone ever can turn Super Saiyan - I can't help but feel mind-blown by that XD you're right there: I shouldn't be so sure that what's possible and what's not is set in stone.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

293 Reviews

Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:52 pm
BrumalHunter says...

That's why I'm so paranoid about all of these characters. Frost already defected to the New Order, but imagine the mayhem that would ensue if he learns the Dimensional Scream. Or Zulu. Or... Neona, considering she's also a humon. If she learns it, I'd be very afraid. (Just because she's my character doesn't mean I can control everything she does.)
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:59 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

I had forgotten Neona was a Humon. She's the Hydreigon, right? Working for Cobalion?

Frost learning it... Could actually be good, depending on what he sees. That could be said for everyone else, too. And...
...Yeeeah, I think you just gave me a bit of your paranoia there. Twinkiel better not learn that all humons have the potential to learn it, else he's going to spend the next weeks trying to do so and spend the next years suspecting every humon ever, lol.

293 Reviews

Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:04 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Yip, she is. I'd say we have to keep Twinkiel away from Ignotus the Dusknoir, but as soon as he learns it's the very same Dusknoir from the original PMD game, he'd definitely want to meet him. (If only to say how shocking his betrayal was and thereby cause much awkwardness.)
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:11 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Wha? Why keepin' these two away? Twinkiel's like that Dusknoir's number one fan! He was such a great villain, and him turning good was easily one of the single cutest scenes ever created in a Nintendo RPG. He'd hug him more than anything else!
In fact, I've wanted Twinkiel to meet that Dusknoir since the first DT. Said so there, too. They'll meet, eventually. I wanted Twinkiel to hug Hoopa: managed to make it happen. Same thing here - hopefully.
Shocking... Oh, I just realized how spoiled you're being about PMD 2's plot. Really a shame that you won't have the surprise. Because Dusknoir being evil? Not easy to see it coming.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:04 am
Poopsie says...

can you spell post robusto?
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You are all the colours in one, at full brightness.
— Jennifer Niven, 'All the Bright Places'