Other (please specify below)
46%

Total votes : 35

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:53 pm
View Likes
deleted30 says...

I'm curious. What did you guys do for Valentine's Day? Answer the poll or, better yet, give us a long and (hopefully) funny story about your Valentine's Day misadventures below. :D

I'll go first. I spent Valentine's Day the same way I spent Halloween—eating candy and watching movies. Only instead of horror movies, I watched chick-flick romantic comedies. Anyone else cry during Sleepless in Seattle? :wink:

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:07 pm
View Likes
deleted5 says...

In a school orchestra after school... XD
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:13 pm
View Likes
lostthought says...

I watched a movie over and off again and read war and peace. It wasn't as bad as I thought...
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:17 pm
View Likes
Pamplemousse says...

I went to school. And all day I felt lonely and wondered if Valentine's Day was created just to make me feel lonely.
“Admire my gaytime in the mist of purple~” -lostthought, 2015.
~~~~~~~~~~~Usernames~~~~~~~~~~~
Pamplemousse (4/16/14-Now)
Lateritic (8/21/13-4/16/14)
Kittyz101 (3/11/13-8/21/13)

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:12 pm
View Likes
ongoeslife says...

I bid a (near) tearful goodbye to my Mama (a person who is not my mom, but who is homeschooling me; wonderful lady) as she was going to visit her son for the weekend. Then I went to some friends' house, and spent the day with the two of them and another mutual friend. And I wrote a villanelle!

Reviews: 1
Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:43 pm
View Likes
HutchesonHS says...

GUYS! It's not Valentine's Day, it's Single Appreciation Day! :D

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:57 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Passed the oral part of English exam in uni. The teacher is kind of cute when she's trying to have a British accent, but that's the closest I got to anything Valentine-ish. Oh and I wrote some scenes for my novel after that, of course c:
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:01 am
View Likes
Rook says...

Spent all day on YWS AND ate a bunch of sugar. Score.
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:31 am
View Likes
Snowery says...

I spent the day with my one true love...
Spoiler! :
me
! :P
The World Is Mine.

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:33 am
View Likes
yubbies21 says...

Happy Singles Awareness Day! :P I went to a banquet. All by myself. It's was so much fun!
beep

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:55 am
View Likes
Rurouni says...

I was stuck at school with my ex and my crush ><

Oooh, life is wonderful, isn't it XD

So my valentine's day was pretty interesting.
Cookies!

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:35 pm
Zolen says...

I drew a blob wearing a mask.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:46 pm
pony123 says...

I didn't really do anything. lol :)
My name is Katherine Storm!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:30 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

OKAY. SO. MY VALENTINE'S DAY WAS AWESOME.

I decided to make pound cake, right? But, accidentally, I brushed the side of the baking pan with my hand. No biggie, right? It didn't hurt or anything, after all, unlike the last time I spilled boiling water over my hand! I mean, I screamed my little head off after that little spill, let me tell you!

Back to Valentine's Day! A couple of minutes after touching my hand with the pan, I look at my hand and I CAN SEE WHERE I TOUCHED THE PAN. Why? BECAUSE IT'S STARTING TO BLISTER.

But, I am in the middle of cooking, and I'm all like:

So, I am cooking away, when it starts to REALLY HURT. Like, badly. Like, "OMG, HOW DID THE SUN FIT IN MY HAND, BECAUSE IT FEELS ON FIRE?"

Then my husband (aka, significant other) came in, and I am staring at my hand, and I'm like, "I'M SORRY, HUBBY, BUT I MIGHT JUST DIE BECAUSE MY HAND IS MELTING OFF."

And he's like, "Did you put it in ice water?"

"NO."

"You should put it in ice water."

"BUT I NEED TO DO THE DISHES."

"But, that's going to hurt."

"BUT, I NEED TO DO THE DISHES."

"Um. Okay. Let me make an ice water bath for you. You can sit down."

"OKAY."

Fortunately, the blister was able to stop taking over my hand, thanks to my husband's quick thinking and his patient disregard to my objections of not getting treated. Currently, I have a dark red scab over where I touched my hand to the hot metal pan. Considering that it's four days since Valentine's Day, it's pretty impressive.

My husband, afterwards?

"Yup. Most husbands give their wives flowers, chocolate, and jewelry to their wives for Valentine's Day. Me? I'm giving her oven mitts..."

SO THAT'S HOW I NEARLY DIED ON VALENTINE'S DAY.

...I didn't see an option for that on the poll, and my husband did kind of save my life, so I put "spent time with significant other." Because it kind of fit.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:23 am
View Likes
Cirute says...

Ah, hell, where do I begin? Well, the day started at around five in the morning with my dad telling me that school was cancelled due to snow. I slept till about seven, before getting up and going out to the kitchen. For breakfast my dad made french toast and bacon. Real french toast, made from good bread we had bought from the bakery the day before. Whilst pouring maple syrup on my toast, my dad remarked that the stuff costs $80 a gallon and that I was using far too much. My brother, who had been pulled away from the computer long enough to eat, made a comment about how the toast soaks up all the syrup, and that it isn't going to waste.

I go on my computer and, to my pleasant surprise, my favorite YouTube ranter, ADoseOfBuckley, had uploaded a video discussing his opinion on valentines day. Watched it, and found that I shared his same opinions on the holiday: No girlfriend = more money to spend on things such as my bike.

I live out in the middle of nowhere, so I couldn't hang out with any friends. Instead I spend the most of the morning watching the movie Heavy Metal, which is probably my favorite movie of all time. And no, I was NOT watching it with my family!

I got bored around one in the afternoon. So I went snowshoeing. We own 100 acres of woodland on the side of a mountain, so that was fun. At the top of the mountain are a series of large cliffs. These cliffs form some pretty wicked ice-flows. Makes me want to take up ice climbing. From the top of these cliffs I can see my house, surrounded by snow-covered orchards and woodland, The Ossipies, which are a range of mountains that used to be a massive volcano millions of years ago, and the jagged form of Mt. Chocorua in the distance. I sat up there for a while, listening to Jimi Hendrix on my iPod, before heading home.

Once home, I went on my computer, checked YWS and my email, and worked on my novel for a while. I then did a pencil drawing of a dragon, one of the characters from my novel. Dinner was chicken and gravy, which was quite good.

Finished my drawing after dinner, then watched some MTB videos. Took a shower, and just as I was heading to my room my dad told my that we were going to leave to go on our ski vacation to Jay Peak, Vermont, next sunday. Awesome.

I go out to my room and read for a while. Currently, I'm reading "How to disappear completely and never be found". It's a mystery, and a really good one at that. I grow tired, mark my page with an unopened bad-aid, turn out the light, and slowly fall asleep.

I think that basically covers my Valentine's Day pretty well.
"Regrets, I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention."
-The Sex Pistols

You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.
— Stephen King