z

Young Writers Society

The UnChosen Ones: Through Sheer Luck

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed May 12, 2010 10:27 am
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Selene-Sara
I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from screaming out in frustration as Bertram explained what we were to do with the chosen one. It took everything I had not to wring his neck. (Bertram is the one that accidently told the vampires about her family and she still hates him for it)
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Fri May 14, 2010 1:28 am
Kale says...

Ken

"Just a smidgen of magic," Ken repeated, incredulity tinging his voice. He felt a tickle of laughter rise in the back of his throat, a tickle he quickly suppressed. Just a smidgen of magic it may be, but it was a smidgen more than he had, and Ken wasn't sure (nor was he willing to risk himself to find out) whether or not Senra could harm him. Still, he couldn't help but rhetorically remark, "What sort of a wish-granter only has a smidgen of magic?"

Oh, yes. This relationship was off to a wonderful start. And politely smiling glares were still glares.

Ken stooped down and snatched up the cushion of his armchair, replacing it in its proper place before he sat down. "Still, a smidgen of magic is a smidgen more than what I had before, so, no, I don't think you're as much a waste of space as you're making yourself out to be."

"So you won't be letting me go?" Senra's hopeful/glaring-politely smile became a bit more of a pissed-off/still-glaring-politely smile.

Ken pretended to think about it a moment before replying, "No."

The blue guy took it surprisingly well. "So how do you get a job?" he asked, and he sounded genuinely curious.

Ken got out of his chair and began rooting around the shambles of his apartment. It wasn't this messy when he'd left it, and as nothing obvious seemed to be missing, he supposed it was the teleportation that had caused the disarray. Since nothing was where it should have been, it took Ken a couple of minutes to find a copy of a newspaper, this one thankfully with the job listings still intact.

He handed the paper over to Senra and said, "By going through this. It's a list of some available jobs in the area and how to contact them. You go through and find the jobs you are qualified for, and then you go and apply for them."

"And how do you know you've gotten the job?"

"They tell you."

Senra's eyes narrowed at the tiny print and sheer number of listings. "Isn't there an easier way of finding a job?"

"You can go through a job agency," Ken said as he resumed lounging in his armchair, "and they'll find a job for you."

"Then why don't we do that?"

"Because the job agencies don't like me."

Senra looked at Ken, his expression asking "What did you do?"

"Don't look at me like that. I didn't do anything. Besides, job agencies cost money."

"And I take it you are short on money?"

"Why else would I be looking for a job?"

"You enjoy working?"

Ken just stared. Senra seemed absolutely serious.

Oh yes, this relationship was off to a wonderful start, indeed.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

123 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 123
Tue May 18, 2010 10:39 pm
Vanadis says...

Bertram the Bumbling

Bertram looked at the girl, this Selene or whoever, head tilted, but eyes calm nonetheless. "Is something wrong, dearie? Would you like a biscotti?"

"What's a biscotti got to do with anything?!" she growled at him.

"Clearly I didn't make myself clearly clear, clearly...Was it about the Chosen One? Because, well, some things, you've just got to do! And I--I mean to say, the Chosen One and I--well, more just the Chosen One--"

"Get on with it!"

"Are you quite sure you wouldn't like a biscotti? If not, we really must get going." He grabbed her by the arm.

"To where?"

"That's for me to know, and you to find out, or possibly beat out of me, or maybe bribe out of me with a bit of chocolate-covered toffee..." He continued on, whistling a bit.
We've got deep-fried water bears and horse wigs!

If you're slapped in Guam, you're slapped in real life. --chibibo

Need someone to review your novel? Why don't you try checking here? Buddy up!

Last time I checked, love had no gender.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed May 19, 2010 10:04 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Selene-Sara
I handed him a bag of chocolate-covered toffee. "Tell me or I swear I will beat it out of you slowly and painfully." I hissed between my teeth. He took it and looked at it doubtfully. "You think I poisoned it." I said calmly. He nodded and I rolled my eyes. Calmly and efficently I plucked out a piece and popped it in my mouth and chewed and swallowed. "Now please tell me." I said my temper in check once again.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

The very worst use of time is to do very well what need not be done at all.
— Benjamin Tregoe