z

Young Writers Society

Eragon: the movie

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:15 pm
Aedomir says...

Paolini... has no idea how to write a book. This left the director a bit of a problem really.
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:34 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

I tend to think that, when you've got a book where the main character thinks an egg-shaped blue egg is a rock, you've got problems.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

370 Reviews

Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:38 pm
Aedomir says...

lol, agreed.

Moreover, when the best actor is the CGI dragon, I think it is clear that there will be doubts.

2. Human.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon May 19, 2008 1:39 pm
Demeter says...

Well, Jeremy Irons was pretty good. But that's about it. My friends and I just kept laughing when we watched the movie... :) Eragon's actor wasn't very, um, talented. Alex Pettyfer would've been better.

But I didn't love the book, either.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Mon May 19, 2008 2:11 pm
Rei says...

There was one critic who has a local TV show who said he gave it one out of five because the baby dragon was cute. Though honestly, I have seen much cuter baby reptiles that were not created by a computer.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

79 Reviews

Tue May 20, 2008 5:17 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Demeter wrote:Well, Jeremy Irons was pretty good. But that's about it. My friends and I just kept laughing when we watched the movie... :) Eragon's actor wasn't very, um, talented. Alex Pettyfer would've been better.

But I didn't love the book, either.

Actually, Alex Pettyfer was one of the options for the role. He turned it down, though, 'cause he's afraid of flying, and Stormbreaker was being filmed in Britain, whereas this waste of celluloid was filmed in the Czech Republic.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sat May 24, 2008 4:44 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Alex Pettyfer looks like a girl...

:D Sorry, totally off-topic, but I just had to get that out there.

I heard Paolini threw a hissy-fit about the quality of the movie and he demanded to help with the next one. Assuming people don't riot when they find out there is a next one.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Tue May 27, 2008 4:36 pm
Kang227 says...

"Mister Paolini, we're fully prepared to let you write and direct the second movie, and--*snort*. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Let me try again. Mister P--HAHAHAHAHA! Aha! Aha! Aha! You idiot! There isn't going to BE a second movie! What did you expect? You stole material from GEORGE LUCAS, and you thought you would SURVIVE? Bwaaaahahahhaaaaa!"
Hey Daedalus, I'm Icarus. Do your thing, and for God's sake use something better than WAX this time.

370 Reviews

Tue May 27, 2008 5:05 pm
Aedomir says...

I can actually imagine that Kang, lol.

2. Human.

Reviews: 2
Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:15 am
XtremeDino says...

The books were horrible, the only reason they became such huge hits was because 1) they have dragons on the cover, and 2) most of the audience is blinded by the fact that he's allegedly fifteen (he must've found the fountain of youth, he's stayed fifteen for nearly ten years).

I didn't bother to see the movie. I'm convinced it would be literally painful to watch.

79 Reviews

Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:02 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Funny - the irony of this being placed in the Entertainment forum has only just struck me...

~Stewie Griffin

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:22 pm
Fishr says...

I *tried* reading the first book of his series but I seriously couldn't get passed five pages. The voice he chose to narrate is weird and just funky. The only reason he got published was out of sheer dumb luck because Mommy and Daddy have their own publishing firm or whatever.

Simply put, he's a no talented hack. And the movie didn't pan out well because the book itself was El-crap-O!
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:55 am
Jay says...

The movie was underrated, the book was overrated. Maybe I just think so because I like to laugh at bad movies. The ending had me cracking up:

Arya: We will meet again tomorrow
Eragon: I'll look forward to tomorrow
Saphira: And tomorrow will come [duh!]

(or something like that). When Saphira started talking it was the beginning of the end-she was cute as a baby, and her voice was so annoying.

Overall, I rate it as "so bad it's good"

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:48 am
Blink says...

Cpt. Smurf wrote:Funny - the irony of this being placed in the Entertainment forum has only just struck me...

It achieved the comedic factor :P
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:41 am
powerofthree says...

Well, all movies has their flaws, some more than others, so I thought it was a pretty good book and movie, I liked it.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality."-Jules de Gaultier

"No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies."-Daisy Bates

You can not put the entire Bee Movie in the quote generator.
— alliyah