Amber Rise

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:47 am
AlfredSymon says...

"Her"
Chapter 3

Spoiler! :
Hello readers! Before reading the poem, I would like to tell you thank you for lending you're time into reading this piece. If ever you liked it, please comment on it and tell something about it. If there are concerns you would like me to know like grammar and such, please comment also. And if you did like the poem please click Like on the post, I would gladly appreciate it. Truly everyone's, Al.

To all who read 'Wait 'til Time Sparks' and 'Memories Up in the Attic, the first and second chapters of the poem anthology, Her, please read this spoiler. If you haven't, read and comment on them to fully understand the tale!
Wait 'til Time Sparks http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=91431&p=945566&hilit=time+sparks#p945566
Memories Up in The Attic: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=91732&p=945281&hilit=memories#p945281
Spoiler! :
Days had past after her death. Today was her funeral. The last time I'll see her. I'd rather not go, though, it would only kill me to see her again for one last time.

Amber Rise
An Alfred Dorn Sonnet

The mist of morning seeped through my window
like tiny wisps of ghost white locks of hair
my eyes, filled of water, opened from sleep
as her voice echoed, surreally light and low
dancing over my dreams of summer's glare
and her smile blessed of sunlight, ocean deep

Steps of foot a light like a thief's, I took
An angel veiled by dawn's cloak roost and shook

I come to her, recognizing her eyes
clear as crystals, having Iris's brave glow
It was her. She held my hands; amber rose
and drifted to the sky in grace, ever slow
my every tear, held aloft, she dries
still she's gone, none changed. We just come and go.

Unveiling the Words
Spoiler! :
In this chapter of Her, I tried to capture the pain of lost. First is the letter, second is the reminiscing, and now is the time to feel the pain. The speaker caught her dead. That is painful. But meeting her for a very short moment and seeing her leave again is another story. Especially if you know that there will be no return. That is the last, and it hurts more because you had a small bit of hope, which diminished away as quickly as it grew.

The rhyme scheme is abc abc dd aeaeae. It's in Iambic Pentameter (Ten syllables in Iambic form).

Here's a verse-by-verse translation of the poem. Read it if you really want to. I just put it here for personal reference. For me, a good reader needs no translation to fully understand a poem ;) :
It was morning, and its coldness passed through my window
like her hair when she was alive
I woke up from a deep sleep after a good cry
because I heard her voice
which made me remember the times when we went to the sunny beach,
always looking into her smile, which is as bright as the sun itself and as deep as the ocean

I tip-toed out the house
and saw her, but in the form of an angel, as if brought by dawn itself

I come close because I know that the angel was her, it was seen in the eyes
which is as clear and vivid like the goddess's, Iris
She held my hands, I want it to last longer, but the sun was already rising
she then flew up the sky as if she was floating
taking my tears with her as she went to Heaven
but she's still never coming back. Nothing's change, My tears will come back, and so is the pain. People just come and go.

Hope you liked it!
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

The important thing is never to stop questioning.
— Albert Einstein