Dont have a tittle.....any suggestions

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:52 am
armonia says...

Dont look at me that way,
I cant stand it.

I don't have enough energy,
nor do i have time to tell you how mad I am.

So as i sit here and wonder what to do,
I go through all you've done in my mind.

You say you love me,
then you act as if I'm not here.

You ask me to come over,
then you cant wait till I leave.

I don't want to leave you,
and I'm not sure why.

You control my every move,
and i want out!
amor, pérdida, y la vida vivimos en medio.

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:58 pm
backgroundbob says...

No, I don't like it, for a lot of reasons.

Firstly, and foremostly, it's angst: straight piece of advice to most new writers, DO NOT write about your broken relationship. There are so, so many teenagers who have gone through exactly the same thing as you, and way too many of them decide to write about it. Until you are a really good poet, don't try this subject: try something more original.

Secondly: grammar. Sometimes you write 'I' and sometimes you write 'i.' Standardise it. If you're making a point about your loss of identity by having it lower-case, then make it all lowercase. If you just missed out a few shift keys, then fix it, and check your use of capitals in future.

Thirdly: why is this poetry? There is no rhyme, there is no rhythm: there is a very limited structure pattern, but it doesn't add anything to it. All you've done is write seven identically structured sentances, and stick in a few line breaks. I could take those out, and you'd have a short paragraph of simple sentances where you say things we've all heard before. Poetry is so much more than writing a piece and sticking breaks in it: you have to have some regard for how it would read out loud. This doesn't suggest anything poetic to me, it suggests badly written prose.

Poetry is about making people think in new ways, see new images: you need a different subject, an appriciation for structure and form, and better use of language and grammar.
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:13 pm
Incandescence says...

One question: Why do I care?

Until you can satisfy this question with ample verse, don't expect me to raise pom-poms for this.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:49 pm
Angel17 says...

This piece needs more development. There is no real emotion in the poem.

A title could be 'contolled' or 'trapped'
Real poetry are those with the best words in the best order

~~~~~~~~Mandy~~~~~~~~~

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."
— We Bought A Zoo