revealing they are total monstrosities
turning a blind eye to the needy
of which i am one of
maybe my death will wake them up
perhaps it will show them love
mayhaps the closed valves that are there tear ducts will finally erupt
Good bye cruel world!
I'm popular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My parents are so loveing. My dad says all the time, "when your older we will buy a huge biggscreen tv; and you can live in the box!" Isn't that sweet?

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:27 pm
Eleanor Rigby says...

I don't love it and I don't hate it. I do, however, like the rhyming scheme, but the concept has been horribly overdone, and I think that you're taking the concept a little lightly. To actually understand what it is like to contemplate suicide, you need to put yourself into that mindset; this is definitley a subject that you need to do justice to. It's absolutely necessary that you make it longer and delve deeper into the reasons of why someone would go to these lengths to get the world's attention. The other thing is, check over the grammar, and is "mayhaps" a word? That entire second last sentence doesn't make sense unless you change the grammar; check out the difference between "they're", "their" and "there". That should help. Well, that's all I've got right now. Overall, if you change it up properly, it will be better.
words, language - what wonderous
creatures these beings are,
what joyous routes of sorrow and
longing they pave.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:39 am
Snoink says...

HA! Suicide poetry is so fun to make fun of. I love the clichéd lines and everything.

Howver, I would think it clever to mock some of the suicide poetry today. For example, your first lines are very strong, but then the rhyming and everything make it seem less funny, if that makes any sense. Humor is delicate... you have to be humorous without being totally obvious. In this case, you're being too obvious.

What I would suggest is to look at some of the suicide poetry and stories of this site. What do you notice from those writings? Any patterns? Then look at it just a little bit more closely. Why do you think this brand of poetry, which prides itself on being morbid, is funny? Think about it. Is it the dark tone by a bunch of anguishing teenagers who probably have never experienced pain? Look at it indepth, and you'll probably realize what it is that bugs you. Then write about it. :)

Happy writing!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:46 am
Sponson Light says...

You should work as a comedity writer!
That was hilarious, write more!
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:20 am
Just Imagine says...

That is sad satirical poem. Wanna get published, perhaps?
Courage may blossom in quiet hearts,
For who can tell where bravery starts?
For truth is a song, oft lying unsung

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:04 am
deleted6 says...

Okay the first line has been used over and over, maybe think of something original.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:41 am
Bjorn says...

I believe it is just 'mayhap', unless of course I am mistaken...

A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer.
— Robert Frost