Once the pencil’s in my palm.
Blank pages are inviting,
I’m only living when I’m writing.
<3 Lindsey

Random avatar

Reviews: 40
Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:56 pm
Once Upon A Dream says...

Nice idea, but this piece is very basic. You could develop this a lot more. Tighten it up, add some more to it, be specific. My only specific complaint is about these two lines:

I’m full of rage.
Completely calm,

Having these two lines back to back is absolutely contradictory. You need to either take one of them out, or if you really want to work in both thoughts, find a way to do it where you're not contradicting yourself.

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:46 pm
Boni_Bee says...

Wow, I thought this was great!!! I like the simple, concise way you set it out, and I like the 'I'm full of rage. Completely calm' part, because I know what you mean :wink: Good job!!! :D

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:10 pm
Sophie says...

I love it - it sounds like a rap!
Oh the trees!
Take me back to London please!!!

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:01 am
Duskglimmer says...

Once Upon A Dream wrote:Having these two lines back to back is absolutely contradictory. You need to either take one of them out, or if you really want to work in both thoughts, find a way to do it where you're not contradicting yourself.

I have to disagree. I love the way those two lines contradict themselves because I find it so true. I can be completely calm for myself because I love the writing, but filled with rage because one of my characters is extremely angry at the time. It fits perfectly for me.

My only complaint is that the rhyming seems forced at times. If it were me I would go back and try and write it without the rhymes.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:17 am
Elizabeth says...

Oh wow, i really liked this one. It sounds like it would be spoken outloud like this program at this highschool called SPOKEN WORD. Where poets read their poems and such.

I really liked this, I was wondering what it was... I saw the title ealier but couldn't check it.
Nice job on this one!

Althought I believe you can add more lines, I wouldn't honestly know what to write about.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:58 pm
LiNdSeYo7 says...

Yeah, it started out as a rap.. Haha.. That's what most of everything I write begins as.. Thanks for the comments guys, I'll work on it! (Oh, and the full of rage/completely calm part was supposed to be a contradiction).
<3 Lindsey

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:52 pm
thegirlwhofateloves says...

It was ok....but for such a topic I think it needed to be better. x
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:42 am
Fireweed says...

hey thats catchy. :)
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

I love how we all band together to break things...
— Kelpies