I lift my heart

4 posts
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 1802
Reviews 261
I lift my heart, an honest plea;
a gift I give, to you—from me,
mayhap you shall consider this,
as what it is, a fervent wish.

And all that now, is dear to me,
I now forsake, for love of thee;
for all I give without a care,
if by exchange, you shall be there.

And here is where our story starts,
the surest bond ‘tween soul and heart;
and if you choose, my heart is tied,
so I shall wait, as you decide.
All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you.:)




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 1040
Reviews 22
I really enjoyed this poem, here's a star! ^_^ I liked how it flowed, it was very well done and obviously thought out. You can feel the emotion in it as you read, bravo!! I think 'mayhap' should be 'mayhaps' but I could be wrong, to me it just sounds better that way. The only complaint I really have is the last stanza didn't flow as nicely with the first two, I'm just being nit-picky though. I really liked this piece, great job and keep writing!!
Mysty.
'Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia' - E.L. Doctorow.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2001
Reviews 45
Hey, doll. Looove the poem. It had a great flow and packed full of emotion. It's also pretty cute too. It was very nice and you did a great job. Well thought out. Great job!
Life can be amazing if your slightly strange




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 1373
Reviews 59
I like it! Maybe use some deep adjectives though. Love it!



See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask for no guarantees, ask for no security.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451