[pre]Where have you gone,
Sunshine boy?
The clouds have gathered
Around your once glowing face
And you set, you sink, you darken.
The shadows extinguish your light
And I see you no more.
Where are you now,
Sunshine boy?[/pre]
Last edited by last mohican on Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...I have conclusively determined that you are not Hamlet, Scout Finch, Frankenstine's monster, Ms. Marple, or a golum. Aren't you relieved to know you're not a golum?"~Dustin Hoffman
"...I have conclusively determined that you are not Hamlet, Scout Finch, Frankenstine's monster, Ms. Marple, or a golum. Aren't you relieved to know you're not a golum?"~Dustin Hoffman
I loved this. Short and sweet. One tiny critique: The first "And" doesn't need to be there. I would put a period on the line before it and make that line "You set, you sink, you darken." one sentence.
Great job and keep writing!
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci
As niteowl said, short and sweet:) It's very effective, no useless fluff in there. I wonder if there's room to make it longer, though? Just a thought. Nothing wrong with it like it is:)
Good job, and keep writing! More poetry, dare I hope?
The day, which was one of the first of spring, cheered even me by the loveliness of its sunshine and the balminess of the air. I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, revive within me. Half surprised by the novelty of these sensations, I allowed myself to be borne away by them, and forgetting my solitude and deformity, dared to be happy. — Mary Shelley, Frankenstein