z

Young Writers Society

Flesh-Cases

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:15 pm
Formslipper says...

Spoiler! :
This is a spontaneous "napkin poem" that I thought up while bored in public. It's pathetic and morbid.

"Flesh-cases, arms, eyes,
Another stare and step,
Doors and more,
Fix it up or lie about it,
Make this right with God or just ignore"

Said a man's best friend:
Pet self, that rabid cuss,
Shaken for blank stares,
After- what?- a long time

Broken vases, pale and dark,
Six cussing billion of them,
God-forsaken for what they've done,
Loved to Hell- loved for nothing won

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:42 pm
View Likes
Audrey718 says...

I'm not a poet, or that old, but I like it. It's a very emotional poem, but nice. You did a great job with it!
Audrey
Noble Strength

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:37 am
DaughterofEvil says...

It is a bit morbid, not that I mind that sort of thing. But in general, it was also a bit..scatterbrained. In light of the fact you wrote this absentmindedly and all, I'm fine with that. But..it was hard to see what message you were conveying/emotions you had while writing this piece. That being said, I DID like it.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:18 pm
Kale says...

As DaughterofEvil already mentioned, this was really scattered, to the point it was pretty incoherent. There's no consistent rhythm or even a train of thought to follow, so reading this was more of a chore than anything else. Add to that laughably trite phrases as "flesh-cases" (honestly, there are more creative ways of referring to humans as useless lumps of meat than a poor double-synonym substitution for "meat-bags"), and this piece really has no merit as it is.

Which you already know, if the author's note is truly honest. It leaves me wondering why you bothered to post it, actually.

If you do intend to actually make something of this, start with making it coherent. More creative imagery also wouldn't hurt.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

Well, the only way to start is by starting
— AvantCoffee