“...Baton Rouge...”
“...care...”
“...until you return.”

Leaving.
Stopped holding on
only because
I’ll hold her again.

Spoiler! :
I saw a recap of a story about a man clutching his dog because he couldn't take her on the evacuation bus. Then he embraced the guy who told him that he would find a home for the dog until the man could keep her again. I cried.
Oh, I wish I was punk-rocker with flowers in my hair.

Reviews: 1
Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:09 am
Lulu99 says...

Oh my gosh, that's so sad. Brilliant job. Really, excellent. I was tearing up. I love it when people absolutely love their pets.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:26 am
Sianniiee says...

Hello there,

My first impressions of this poem was the odd layout! I'm not much of a poet ... yet .... But if you did that on purpose then it really works... But if you didn't then I suggest researching on the layouts of poems ;3

I love the amount of detail and emotions ... it's almost as if your there staring into the face of the boy who has to leave his beloved dog behind . You can see the hurt in his eyes.

Thanks
Sianniiee
Siaanniiee;D

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:25 pm
Deanie says...

Hi!

Well I really liked this poem. The layout was weird but I think it displays how people think when they are desperate. They don't think straight (or sometimes they do) and sometimes they only hear parts of sentences. So I really liked how you laid out the whole poem.

I wasn't able to fully understand it until I read the spoiler at the end. Usually that would annoy me, but I kind of liked it with this poem. It made the poem seem whole and full.

I think this was a very interesting poem and very different from anything I have ever read, but I liked it a lot.

Deanie x
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
— Jules de Gaultier