Ignorant
And yet you still stare at her in awe
YOur mouth hanging slightly open.
She flips her hair and swings her hips
And walks off.
You follow
Drooling.

Keep her.
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:48 pm
View Likes
hekategirl says...

This poem is O.K, but its not one of my favorites of yours. I liked the beginning of the second stanza the most but then when you got to the very end it was horrible. The first line of the first stanza was very funny to read, but the rest I didn't like.
With some tweaking you could make this a good poem!
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:58 pm
View Likes
Sam says...

I loved this!!!!!

Haha, it reminds me so much of this guy from school...*rambles off into description of hot guy* But the first line...it's kinda...cringe. You're grossed out the entire poem because you're thinking about grinding glass into your eyes. Niiiice.

but i seriously loved this poem soooo much...
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

321 Reviews

Reviews: 321
Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:30 am
View Likes
Liz says...

I agree with hekategirl...it started off well but it kind of read as a bit of a joke from then on. I like the image of grinding glass into your eyes though...very cool.
purple sneakers

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:06 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Cliche end, decent beginning, so-so middle. This could do with a lot of improvements - don't get me wrong - it has potential, but it's biggest shortcimings are it's short length and very cliceh, uninventive language and lexis used.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:31 pm
View Likes
convintojm says...

starts off pretty good. but it just gets too blah and predictible. makes you sound immature.

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:10 am
View Likes
Chanson says...

Cliche, obviously. I liked the title and the first line. The title was short, yet seemed to hold contempt. The first line was sort of cool, it was original which it made it really stand out. After that the poem descends into the usual cliches, the usual ideas. Try strectching out the poem, making it longer. Eliminate the kind of highschooly-teenage-soap-opera vibe. If you could write about this subject ina fresh way, and the first line shows maybe you ar capable of this, then that would make for a very good poem.

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:19 am
View Likes
Writersdomain says...

That was okay, I guess. To me, it didn't really have any major meaning and didn't really move me or make me think. It was hard to tell what aspect you were trying to get through. Whether it was love, obsession or some of both. It could use a lot of improvement, but I liked your beginning
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.
— Joyce Meyer