If you did

3 posts
User avatar
Gender Male
Points 890
Reviews 15
I stared at your window across the street and thought
Do you love me?
After a long time I came to a conclusion.
You wouldn't have forced all those tears down my cheeks
if you did.
---Luciano




User avatar
Gender Other
Points 89625
Reviews 1272
Short but powerful. It's too short really for a line-by-line, but my general comment is to expand this! It's such a deep theme that really could be explored in a poem of any length. Still, I really think this could be expanded.

A note on line lengths- Usually it's a good idea to keep lines about the same length for better flow. The only time a line could really stand to be short is if you wanted impact. That's what the last line does for me. It's a short punch.

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 115
SimplyMe wrote:I stared at your window across the street and thought,
Do you love me?
After a long time I came to a conclusion.
You wouldn't have forced all those tears down my cheeks,
if you did.


I agree with Rosey Unicorn. You should make this longer. It was wonderful!!!

I would put the commas there, but I guess that you don't have to. I thought that maybe it would flow better. Not that your flow wa off. I can just read things easier that way!

So, awesome. Short, sweet, to the point.

Ta Ta for now!
_Writing for love is a passion_

~Lexie~
No where to run...baby let's hide. Take her in your arms on a chilling winter's night. Watch the stars twinkle and glisten. Know that you've found the one person that will listen. ~*(ME)*~



You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...
— Dr. Seuss