z

Young Writers Society

teenager

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue May 31, 2005 5:24 am
Crysi says...

Mmm.. I like this. A lot. It's so true.. You've been able to capture what I haven't: the real feelings behind teenagers without using cliches.

I keep reading this over and over because it's so perfect. I like the second stanza. While it goes onto a somewhat different subject, it also captures an idea I've toyed around with.

I don't know what to say about this. It's like I feel it more than I read it. The first stanza is a little choppy, but I like that style. So.. Great job once again, darlin.
Love and Light

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Tue May 31, 2005 12:03 pm
Chevy says...

Kind of cliche, including the title. But I guess cliche is alright sometimes.

"before...before what? we run out of ideas?"

"and collapse with the first breakup
with the first makeup
but nobody ever gets hurt because"

These lines sort of frustrated me. The last one reminded me of something the valedictorian said at the Stn Mtn High School graduation. Heh.

As far as the rest of the poem goes, I liked it. And yes, your writing style is like still changing, I think. It's like you're going through...a...transition? I don't know. Anyway, a good poem besides those two phrases I pointed out.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue May 31, 2005 5:21 pm
Firestarter says...

Pretty much summarises life...I like how you observe things and convert them to words without sounding like every other person that has tried.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
— Henry David Thoreau, "Walden"