z

Young Writers Society

savior

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:23 pm
-KayJuran- says...

its really hard to give advice on your poems... i cant really explain why, its just
that they do something inside my head and it means i find it hard to improve...

i like this one a lot but i dont really understand all of it... e.g. inverse free-style harmony dont really get what that means...

also if you always knew then how do you miss it...? *confuzzled*

here is my favourite part:

and you’ve got your eyes tilted
just so they look right in front of your shadow

question for you... is this about jesus or was it an accident that it sounds like it is...?

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:23 pm
Misty says...

we always knew
you would be the one to save us

walking down concrete slabs
reciting slam poetry in
inverse free-style harmony
and you’ve got your eyes tilted
just so they look right in front of your shadow

*This is a really sweet opening verse. It draws me in and makes me really like this chick*

you were the one who would
break wooden thoughts with
intellectual kung-fu – you were the one
who made us hold our breath

*sweet. I like her even more. Description is awesome. Intellectual kung-fu...I like that*

and we always knew
you would be one to save us
but we missed all the warnings and now your blood is on our hands.

*this is a really weak ending paragraph. Especially the last line. If I were you I'd revise this, and make it longe, and better...and just like, more powerful. It could be really powerful, even as short as is, if you would just fix the end.*

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:45 am
Incandescence says...

It isn't about a girl - it's a religious poem
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:46 pm
Misty says...

oh. nm.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:22 am
Chevy says...

"and we always knew
you would be one to save us
but we missed all the warnings and now your blood is on our hands."

This was very strong, which was fitting for the last stanza, of course. I am generally the worst when it comes to ending poems, but you did a good job here...this was the one thing that really caught my eye. Everything was good, but not like the last stanza. If you ever come back and edit it (which I'm sure you probably will), don't touch the last stanza, and I'm speaking more of the first and the last line. The middle one is so-so...probably could use a little help.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:12 pm
Duskglimmer says...

I really don't have anything constructive to say about this, I just wanted to drop by and tell you how much I enjoyed it. I think you did a really terrific job.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:47 pm
Elizabeth says...

It is really hard to give advice! It is just an array of utter ramblings that make sence! Gosh Brad..... Wow. It rings truth for our Savior can be Jackie Chan... (O_O)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:34 am
Snoink says...

I liked it!

Of course, my opinion about poetry is essentially meaningless, but I did like the descriptions drawn up about Jesus. It's not the usual stuff about Him being 2000 years old, which, in my opinon, is totally awesome.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:15 pm
Areida says...

I had to read it a few times to really feel the full impact of the words, because it moves rather quickly and I always read things too fast, but after that I really liked it.

you were the one who would
break wooden thoughts with
intellectual kung-fu

Great line, that's a really original thought, and you phrased it very well. It evokes some great mental images. All and all, I really loved this poem, because it's a very creative, original take on Christ (at least that's who I'm assuming its about...all the pieces fit) and what He did.

Props to you for breaking away from the cliche (something I am really bad at).
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Stop being mean to your self-insert character, you're just being mean to yourself.
— WeepingWisteria