prayer

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:35 pm
Chevy says...

noise [noize] just noise
don’t mean nothing
it don’t mean nothing

Earlier when you let me read this part, I didn't like it--it was the only part I didn't like.

But other than that, like I said earlier, it's short and to the point. I'm starting to prefer short poems over the long ones...

I really like this Brad.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:36 pm
Duskglimmer says...

I like it. Can't really find anything to complain about.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:05 pm
-KayJuran- says...

noise [noize] just noise
don’t mean nothing
it don’t mean nothing

i must admit i dont like this as much as the rest
of it - i also dont get why "[noize]" is there... why
is it in bracket things and why is it spelt wrong and
why is it there at all?!

only other crit is that you used the word 'horrible'
twice when maybe you could've found a different
word...

on the whole though, i like it a lot! good work!

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:39 pm
Misty says...

I thought this was really profound, it's a good poem. I haven't got any crit left in me today, thogh

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:58 pm
PsyLynx says...

I didn't get a lot of it....why you said some things, what they meant in the poem, you know. Sound to silence, light to dark (forgive me if my paraphasing does injustice), I didn't get that part. I read it twice and couldn't understand what it meant. And...I think it was the last stanza (wish I could see the poem as I type this in), I didn't get that either. What I did get, I liked, and the "god, I never wanted to see you like this" (ditto 'xcept for quoting), I loved that line. I. . .I don't know. This was dramatic, and it was good, but as I read it, it felt like it was peppered with arbitrary things that sounded nice, the sort of stuff that I write whole poems with. But I'm not a very good poet. yadda yadda, I'm rambling, adios.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:05 pm
Firestarter says...

and i feel scared sometimes when you
go outside and people are so horrible and
words are so horrible and useless.

I don't think the repetition of horrible works as well as you may have intended it to here. It just seems clumsy and makes it appear like you've just made a bad mistake and created no variety, rather than a purposeful technique. Of course, later on...

and maybe
when I start to understand
when I think I can maybe
understand

You nail it so well. Other places it works as well. Yeh, generally, I liked reading this.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:12 pm
Lonelilly says...

I really enjoyed reading this. However, i didn't feel the "[noize]" quite fitted. Overall, great.

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:09 pm
Wulie says...

To be fair this poem didn't capture me like the rest of your poems maybe it was it just to plain maybe I expect a little more from you. Yes it was short, yes it was to the point but it didn't make me want to read it, it didn't make me think about it. Sorry.

noise [noize] just noise
don’t mean nothing
it don’t mean nothing

And this of course confused me and didn't seem right - as most people have already stated.
wu
'Sadistic lies we form like the web of a spider, the truth we hide like our flaws.'

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:12 pm
Mattie says...

I like it also. Nothing to really critique on! Keep it up! I really enjoyed reading your work! It sticks out, but in a good way. :)

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:28 pm
Tessitore says...

I did not like the last part. Not a bit. But other then that, this poem was marvelous, once again. I think you're quickly becoming one of my favorite poets on this site. Watch out, Soy...

Anyway, this--as well as most of your other poems--make me wonder, well... who the hell are you talking about? But then I suppose that's the question to all great poems about people, isn't it? maybe.

Well if you worked on the ending then it would be a ten-pointer in my book. But since no art is ever appreciated by everyone, you can just scratch off my suggestions if you like. Toodles, then.
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:12 am
Elizabeth says...

As always, I love it.
Loved evreything you write. this was a beautiful piece (Note to self: Work on constructive crititism)

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:18 pm
Chevy says...

Liz: Learn to spell everything.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

Random avatar

Reviews: 333
Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:31 pm
emotion_less says...

I'm trying to critique this but I can't find any part that's worth changing (to me anyway). But it's not about me, so all I can say is I really liked it.

“A good book isn't written, it's rewritten.”
— Phyllis A. Whitney, Guide to Fiction Writing