Young Writers Society

inactivity is a sin

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:22 pm
Firestarter says...

h
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:25 am
Soyala Amaya says...

When I first saw the title, I was ready to bust in here and start yelling about 'sin' and how it's overused and just a...ergh, there I go again. I have a very nice rant on the very concept of sin itself, but we're not going into that.

This poem...delightful! Definetly the best of yours I've seen yet! I could see the emotion trembling in this like a dew-drop on the tip of elderdown. The only part I don't like is in the last stanza
model yourself on the poor souls
of past heroes who kept dying
and dying and living and dying

I don't think the repetition does anything for this, in fact, it seems to take away from the fire in this piece. I don't think you should just delete it and leave it, I think a line should be tere...just not that one. Other than that...mushy mushy goey gooey praises from the Soy!
I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on E-bay.

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:32 am
Incandescence says...

I'm sorry. This poem did nothing for me. I'll comment seriously later, though. We moved three gondolas and a 8 or 9 filing cabinets today. So yeah...I'll come back tomorrow when I'm conscious...or at least not as unconscious.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:07 pm
Firestarter says...

Thanks Soy and Brad. Although I really don't like this poem. I should probably delete it.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

The last of the human freedoms is to choose one's attitudes.
— Viktor Frankl